[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 6

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hugh,

Different league, standard Scoring start 2 RB, 2 WR (*who I have right now)

RB

*Portis@KC (Hopefully they get him the ball in the redzone)

*Martin@Buff (NYJ need him to score to win)

Moore@Chic (tough D)

Bettis V. Jax (hit or miss)

Benson v. MInn (Splitting?)

(AGreen is out)

WR

*SSmith @ DET (Stud)

*Kennison V. Wash (YDS but no TD)

TJHoush @Tenn (leaning towards going with him if he plays)

(Driver and Burelson are out)

Thanks!

Edited by nhoops

Here's the HUGH dilemma...

1ppr,1/20yd,6/td

WR

M Clayton v. MIA

M Muhammad v. MIN

D Bennett v. CIN

B Stokley v. STL

S Moss @ KC

T Williamson @ CHI

I'm thinking Moss and possibly Clayton but unsure about Clayton.

RB (same scoring ppr included)

Edge - must start

JJones - if he starts

T Thompson - ??

Caddy - ??

If Julius doesn't go then should I go with Tyson or Caddy? Not excited about the MIA matchup on a slighlty bummed wheel.

QB (1/40yd,1/20ydrush,4/td,-1/int)

Green v. WAS

Bledsoe v. NYG

Thinkin Bledsoe here.

This goes against "always start your studs" but ....

should I start Brunell vs. KC (worst pass D in AFC) over Bulger vs. tough Indy D.

The Rams should be playing from behind (as usual) and forced to throw, but I'm concerned about the sacks that Bulger will take Monday night.

Hey Hugh,

Nice to see your column back in action this year again!!!! :D

Need some Trade Advice......My league scoring is in my sig line.....

My Team:

QB: Bulger

RB: Jamal Lewis, Warrick Dunn, T Jones, Duce (dropping), ChesTaylor, Tyson Thompson

WR: Stokley, Bennett, Bruce, Kinnison, GLewis, Hackett

TE: Cooley

His Team:

QB: Delhomme, Dilfer

RB: McGahee, Caddilac, Pittman, Ricky Williams, Droughns

WR: Chad Johnson, Ferguson, Muhammad, Troy Williamson, Jurevicious, TGlen

TE: Crumpler

I'm 2-3, and he is 4-1.......He wants to upgrade his QB, and has come to me with the following offer:

Delhomme, Caddilac, & Pittman for:

Bulger, Dunn, and Kinnison.

I need WR help and Caddy would be a nice RB upgrade, but not sure I want to give up Bulger. And he's willing to give up Caddy to take the risk that Ricky will come back as a stud..........I also don't really want to give up Kinnison right now either........

So, please empart your thoughts on this trade proposal and/or some other options I could come back to him with........

Thanks sir!!!!

I am at 2-3 and playing the guy who is #2 in points this week. What's worse, I'm 1-3 in my division and can ill-afford another loss. That said, I've traded for Shockey at TE and gave up Chambers.

I'm 4th in WW choices this week. I need points for this week and the rest of the year.

I think Jurevicius and McCown will be gone before the WW gets to me.

That leaves my choices as:

Brunell

Plummer

Bettis

Ferguson

I might get 2 of them if I play it right. Which order would you pick them in to help improve my team the most for this week. I don't believe Green is going to come out of his funk, especially against the Skins' D.

Can you help me please? :D

12 team league. 1pt / 25 yds rec, 1pt / 2 receptions, 6 pt TD.

I need to start 3 WR, choices being Williamson, McDonald, Harrison, McCardell, Jurevicius.

Harrison is in for sure. McDonald will have issues vs. Colts, Jurevicius may not get action since it won't be a shootout vs HOU, ...so I am thinking that McCardell and Williamson are the choices...but what do you think?

Thanks for your help last week. You were right on with D. Davis. This week I must choose between:

D. Davis vs Seahawks or Rudi Johnson vs Titans

I am leaning towards DD. Both have good matchups but DD is much better out of the backfield. Rudi has not done much since week one, and sits out a lot of 3rd downs.

also must choose:

Jason Whitten vs Giants or Reggie Wayne vs Rams

or could pick up Terry Glenn off waivers.

Glenn has been hot, but will it last? Wayne has not shown much this year. Whitten just now coming around.

:D

I am thikg DD & Whitten.

Hey Hugh quick question. 6 points per TD, 1 point per 10 rush/rec, 1 point per reception.

Ok, I need to start 2 of the following RB:

D Davis @ Sea

T Bell vs NE

M Pittman vs Mia

W Parker vs Jax

As I have it now, I am starting Davis and Bell. I can always start 3 of those RB's too (2 for my RB and 1 for my flex). If I do that, then I will have to sit one of my WR's that I have in my line-up (Holt @ Ind, Mason vs Cle, J Smith @Pit).

What do you think?

WDIS..

Culpepper @ Bears  or

Delhomme @ Lions

1 pt every 25 yds passing

6 pts every TD

-2 every INT

I do not need to shoot the moon to win against my opponent, but I need solid production. Winning the overall week would be a bonus.

1063123[/snapback]

Sorry for the delay, had a little work to do.

I'm a Vikes homer, but I try not to let that get in the way of my decision making. That being said, I'd still start CPep. Bly should matchup nice against Smith, and since Carolina's next best WR option is Keary Colbert, I wouldn't expect HUGH numbers from Delhomme. Despite the clusterf*ck that is the Minnesota Vikings, Cpep still is an accurate passer, and coming off the BYE week, they should have some things worked out. I hope. :D

With TO and Fitzgerald on a bye week I am left with a choice between Lelie and Lee Evans to go with Galloway. My question is should I drop either Lelie or Evans to pick someone off the WW. Here is who is available

Keyshawn Johnson

Kevin Curtis

Antonio Bryant

I was leaning toward picking up Curtis and dropping Lee Evans, but did not know how long Bruce would be out for. My other option is to stay put and hope the rest of my team picks up my #2 WR slack.

1063140[/snapback]

Interesting.

Evans should do a little better with Holcomb, but a little better than nothing might not be much. Lelie sucks, 3 straight weeks with only 1 catch, bench him. Bryant has a touch matchup drawing McAllister this week, so he won't sniff any good numbers. I don't think Vinnie will be anxious to throw to Meshawn this week, and that won't help since he hasn't done dick before the altercation. So, yes, you are correct, pick up Curtis and give him the nod.

Hugh o great one  :D

1 pt per 10 yrds rush/rec and 6 pt TD

Yes Im a RB fiend

Pick one to go with LT

McGahee at NYJ

Jordan at San Diego

Davis at Detroit

K. Jones at Car

Im leaning towards McGahee

Your thoughts?

Thanks

1063153[/snapback]

LOL. Serves you right for playing with your sisters. :D

Bench Jones, because he's a Lion, and bench Davis because he's in a RBBC. So McGahee or Jordan? Both nice options this week. If you get points for receptions, start Jordan, if not, start Willis.

Different league

1 pt 10 yards rush/rec, 6pt TD

one to go with Holmes

Barber

Davis

J. Lewis

Im thinking Barber but Lewis is coming around.

Thanks

1063156[/snapback]

Jamal Lewis is a no brainer here imo. They will run him all day.

Thinking about trading Cmart for S.Moss?

Qb-Bledsoe,Lefty

Rb-Alexander,Jackson,Cmart,Barlow,Henry,Cooley

Wr-Smith,Fitz,TJ Housh,Givens,T.Taylor

Te-McMichael,Cooley

K-Wilkins

De-Bengals

Standard scoring...except..1pt per rec...

Givens and Smith on bye next week...The guy I'm trying to trade with has..Anderson,TJ Duckett,T.Taylor......So he's kinda desperate....The 1pt per reception adds up, alot of weeks Wr are outscoring backs? I have good depth and not sure if i should pull the trigger?

1063160[/snapback]

You should be able to get more for CMart. I don't like Moss better than Smith, Fitz, or Housh. If you trade, you need to package CMart and one of your WR's for a better WR. CMart and Smith should get you a Holt or CJ.

How do you do that? Been trying to figure that out?(IrishPride?)

1063163[/snapback]

How do you do what? Post a link? There's a button http:// above the text field when you're typing. Click that button, the rest will explain itself.