[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best restaurant city

MojoMan

Which city has the best restaurants in the US?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which city has the best restaurants in the US?

• NYC
    • Chicago
    • NOLA
    • SF
    • Seattle
    • Memphis for BBQ
    • Washington, DC
    • LA
    • Boston
    • Hotlanta
    • Dallas
    • Miami
    • Philly
    • Other (write in)

I do not mean to dis any communities here.  IMO, any city's speciality ( brats in Milwaukee) are great.

1066127[/snapback]

Only a fool orders a brat in a restaurant.

Milwaukee has some very good Italian dining. We're also rife with Mexican restaurants (going to one of the hot spots in about an hour, as a matter of fact) but I can't necessarily vouch for the authenticity or overall ranking of them; all I know is I really like a couple, the rest are pretty "meh". Plenty of steakhouses as well.

Severely lacking in Cajun food (one notable restaurant), our best Indian place is fantastic, can't think of too many French restaurants.

But the true Milwaukee restaurant specialty is the Friday Fish Fry - about 2000 calories of deep-fried goodness.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate eating in cities that have their own flavor and NOLA definitely has that.  Many of the other places on the list simply have restaurants focusing on cuisines from the other places.

1066247[/snapback]

That's a very good point.

Can someone who likes the butterburger describe it?

This sounds  :D

1066412[/snapback]

Alex messed up the way I see them made - you cook the burger and put a big glop of butter on the patty or the bun AFTER it's done. The butter melts and you get a gooey, buttery mess.

Far from :D it's totally delish.

EDIT: if you're ever in/passing through Milwaukee, get directions to Solly's on N Port Washington Road. It's about a block from the freeway and makes ridiculously good butterburgers.

Edited by Chavez

I've heard some great things about Memphs BBQ. I've tried it a few times but I've always been too drunk to remember if it was that good. I blame Beal Street.

1069507[/snapback]

Don't the do "dry" ribs there?

I'm a true Northener - I like my ribs tender and drowned in a nice tasty BBQ sauce.

Don't the do "dry" ribs there?

I'm a true Northener - I like my ribs tender and drowned in a nice tasty BBQ sauce.

1071922[/snapback]

Oh YES! nd if your cookin' your own, the Weber sauce is fantastic! :Yummmmmm:

• 1 month later...

NY of course. You got everything here. Littly Italy, China Town, the best steak and chops. Most of the seafood is form the Fulton Fish Market, we're lucky to be on the water.