[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan-Penn State

Glabra

The ugly helmets still seem to have the boring helmets' number.

1071889[/snapback]

I was just mulling over UM's helmets the other day.

I think that being the all-time winningest college football program makes the helmets a lot prettier.

Henne's play, has more to do with the line, then what his doing.

What hes done at Michigan, is truely amazing, and yet its not good enough.

1075923[/snapback]

His play this year has been poor. I am sure it's combination of a few things, youth, Lloyd's offense, subpar line play, etc... but he doesn't seem to have the special quality that QB's need in order to be successful.

Joey is a prime example here in Detroit of someone who doesn't have it. Tom Brady is a local example of some who does. Then again maybe Brady didn't have it his sophomore year, who knows.

I will say that I think the main part is the offensive philosophy of this team year in and year out. I know you'll disagree with that and maybe rightfully so but I just think we should be more agressive. USC is a prime example, OU and Miami are past examples.

Down 8 to PSU and they throw the ball deep to Manningham, an urgent situation finally got them to try something a little riskier. I think the philosophy hurts the QB's for Michigan and other Big Ten Schools, ie... OSU. But then again, we have 3 NC's in the past 10 years, UM, OSU, and PSU (fictional) but I still feel they deserved the NC in 1995.

Enough tangents here but I will say that I was near burning of my jersey on Saturday (even with the win), I can't explain how frustrated I was when we were up 10 and let PSU back in the game with conservative play calling and Henne's fumble.

And then to see the Lions do the same thing on Sunday was even more sickening. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is the part of football that drives me nuts. I almost can't watch a UM game anymore. It's so darn stressful.

His play this year has been poor.  I am sure it's combination of a few things, youth, Lloyd's offense, subpar line play, etc... but he doesn't seem to have the special quality that QB's need in order to be successful.   

1075989[/snapback]

I agree; speaking from a strictly Michigan-centric sense, he reminds me more of Todd Collins than of Elvis Grbac.

I'm glad Michigan won, but why weren't they forced to kick the extra point?  It could have been blocked, fumbled, or anything and returned for 2 pts, resulting in a tie and overtime.  Right?

1079413[/snapback]

There was no time left on the clock, therefore no play could be run, therefore no extra point.

That doesnt sound right Kid. If the Michigan TD had tied the score - with no time left - you KNOW they would have been given the opportunity to kick the XP.

It is a good question tho Todd. I suppose if UM had been forced to go for the conversion, they would have just gone for two and downed the ball to prevent what you described.