[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WHAT? an ending!

Kansas State 2000

:D:D:D

Seven sceonds left from the 1/2 yard line and USC QB sneaks it. :D

Carrol was signaling the spike the ball call before the play. :D

If that ball was not knocked out of Leinharts hands out of bounds the game would have been over.

Even the 4th and 8 play that goes for 60+ yards was amazing.

Edited by Kansas State 2000

So, what's to keep a player from intentionally fumbling the ball out of bounds in the final seconds in order to buy his team an extra time-out?

I thought they were supposed to run 10 seconds off the clock in that type of situation. I guess that's only an NFL rule.

God..that has to hurt...I would not want to be already drunk irish fan because I would have to just go all out now...lol..4th and 9 that db just turns his head a spilit second sooner he knocks that pass down and Quinn takes the knee to end it..but No Jarret takes it to the 11. The spot was hard to tell from what I could see. Weiss looked stunned. Michigan scores with last second pass to Manningham another OHIO kid that goes North and ABC player of the game for Michigan Prescott Burgess also a OHIO kid..come on Tress keep them home..anyway great endings to both...Instant Classics both of them. Big Ten has like Four teams tied now.

Edited by sacosud

If his forward progress was deemed stopped, time should've run out. ND got jobbed.

1072077[/snapback]

I think they handled it correctly. The ball was fumbled out of bounds, it was knocked out by Irish defender's helmt or shoulder pad so was not like Leinhart fumbled on purpose. Talk about no Irish luck on that play had they just tackled him or he comes straight down the game is over. :D

So, what's to keep a player from intentionally fumbling the ball out of bounds in the final seconds in order to buy his team an extra time-out?

I thought they were supposed to run 10 seconds off the clock in that type of situation.  I guess that's only an NFL rule.

1072075[/snapback]

NFL rule only.

I don't think his forward progress was stopped as the ball popped out simaltaneously with the hit.  The officials messed up the spot....I think.

1072112[/snapback]

I'm just saying it was an either-or situation. Worst case, it should've gone to OT cuz they would've been forced to try the FG from the 2-2.5 yd line.

Edited by Glabra

The officials messed up on the spot of the ball.

They put it on the 2 yard line and they kick a field goal IMO instead of a QB sneak

Leinart has been exposed. He's a good college QB but I think he will be average at the most at the NFL level

I hate USC. But I feel better when I sing it to the USC fight song.

I thought the spot was a little too generous, but am unfamiliar with the finer points of college rules. It does seem a bit fortuitous that he fumbled out of bounds with seconds to go.

I'm a bit surprised that being a natioanlly televised game and with two top teams that the NCAA wouldn't have forced the use of replay, rather then give that authority to the visiting coach.

1072126[/snapback]

Replay rules are dictated by conferences, but since this was a non-conference game, the decision goes to the coaches, who both have to aagree before it ttakes effect.

Though TV plays a big role in Division 1A football, the NCAA tries to put up a veil saying TV will not dictate its rules.