[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 7

Hugh 0ne

Hi Hugh,

I have LJ Smith and Crumpler at TE. I have been picking the wrong one each week.

Who do you like this week? Smith vs SD or Crumpler vs NYJ

Thanks again

Edit- duh :D

Edited by Zooty

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Hugh One :D

For QB we get 1pt per comp - 6 pt TD - 1 pt per 50 yds throwing - 1 pt every 10yds rush

I just acquired Jake the Snake Plummer off the WW

and I got Delhomme on a bye

Question #1 Do you play Plummer vs the G men over Vick on MNF vs the Jets

Q #2 Gabriel is avail on the WW ...Do I grab him as my # 3 WR ??? over Lloyd or Hakim....and if so over which one......

Q#3 Do you keep Vick, drop him, or try to trade him away...although I think if someone wanted him they would have made an offer by now....thinkin of droppin him and grabbin Gabriel....

What do U think Oh Hugh One????

Were u really bailin out the vikings??....lol :D

Edited by NumerOneEaglesFan

1. Carson Palmer (Pitt) or Mark Brunell (SF) with scoring in sig...

2. kevin jones (cle), thomas jones (ravens) or Mewelde moore (GB). performance scoring with bonus:

3 points at 100 yards (rush and receiving not combined)

3 points for 25+ touches

3 points for 4+ receptions

Edited by loaf

Hugh,

This is a Standard performance scoring league and I need to know who to start along with Chad Johnson, I have DJax IR'd right now.

Curtis (got me HUGH points last week)

Stallworth (not sure about Horn)

Moulds (Holcomb looks his way now)

thanks for any advice

Also in a TD only League would you start

Bettis or KJ to go along with LT?

Thanks again, you da man

What's up Hugh?

I've got a couple of lineup questions for you this week....

C Brown @ ARI

L Jordan vs BUF

D Davis vs IND

T Jones vs BAL

Need one.

Also, which of these do you like: the Cincy D at home against PIT or the Chicago D at home against BAL?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Hey Hugh!

WR question

CJ is obvious, but I have to start 4WR's

leaning towards Ferguson, Burleson (if playing), and Hakim (if J. Horn is out), but I also have Randle El on the bench and Gaffney is on WW and so is L. Evans. Thoughts?

Or I could start both Wiggins and Cooley and only start 3 WR's Thoughts?

B. Engram is also now on the WW. Worth picking up?

Edited by mhayhurst

Morn'n Hugh,

Have our "supplemental draft" coming this weekend. We have to drop some players (not all that hard for me) and can pick up some free agents. We don't allow FA pick-ups during first 6 weeks. I am looking for depth at RB, which do you feel is the better insurance for second half of the year? Our scoring system and my team is on signature line, I plan on dropping McCallister, Suggs and M Faulk. My options are (only one from the list):

Keep Faulk, or attempt to draft A Smith or A Stecker from NO, or pick up C Perry from Cincy or W Green. Which would you go with? Not much else available maybe P Pass with NE but I don't expect him to have much impact from here on out.

Who do you like for current and maybe one future start. Brandon Jones (Tenn) or Az-Hakim (NO)? Never mind saw your answer, or lack thereof on commitment to Jones.:doah: By the way, gave up on Andre Johnson and dropped him out right, hope you aren't still holding out some hope for a turnaround in the Houston offense, this season any way.

Much Thanks in advance.

Edited by GoTs

Hugh,

Once again, appreciate your perspective on my dilemma below (performance and scoring league, 1 pt for every 10 yards rush/rec, 6 pt TD's etc.).:

Need One:

Thomas Jones vs Balt

R. Johnson vs Pitt

K. Jones @ CLV

Need Two:

R. Ferguson @ MN

C. Chambers vs. KC

L. Coles @ ATL

K. Curtis vs. NO

Sorta leaning towards T. Jones, Ferguson and Chambers, interested in your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Supercrunch

Hey Hugh,

Couple differnt lineup questions for your opinion this week:

At QB: Eli (vs DEN) or Trent Green (@ MIA). With Denver's strong line against the run and the possibility Champ may be out again, I'm leaning towards Eli.

At RB: Is Edge really worth starting against the Texans? (kidding, kidding) Assuming Julius is out, my only option as a #2 is Bettis. Give him a chance or work like hell on a trade? The WW is pretty thin, and the only real alternative is to play D. Rhodes (@ HOU) and hope for another garbage time TD.

At WR: Dumb question given every other post you've ever made, but that's never stopped me before: I'm starting Plaxico #1 (vs DEN), and leaning toward Rod Smith (@ NYG) at #2, but should I consider Glenn (@ SEA) instead? Think this is a no-brainer, but I'll throw it out there while I have you on the line.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by craiginthecapital

Again I thank you in advance for your help. Two weeks now you hit it right. Now for three weeks in a row. Need to start (1) of the following. See my sig for scoring.

Rudi vs Steelers

DD vs Colts

Burleson vs Pack

Wayne at Texans

Whitten at Seahawks

I am leaning toward DD but Whitten has been coming on lately. :D

Hugh - I posted this on another thread, but would appreciate your thoughts.

1 pt 20 yds pass/-1 Int/ 6 pt TD's

I have Bulger (hurt) and Delhomme (bye and maybe hurt more than we know), so I need to make a move for this week and maybe longer.

My WW options are:

Martin

Plummer

McCown

Dilfer

Frerotte

The others are not even worth mentioning. I am leaning towards Martin, but am not sure about the new coaches offense, especially with a backup QB and strong runner like Jackson. Jake would be a decent fill in. Not high on the other guys. What are your thoughts?

Couple of questions for ya Hugh.

K. Curtis vs NO (and Martin at QB)

or Jurevicius vs Dallas?

I was thinking Curtis - that Dallas D is starting to gel.

Bettis vs Cincy (he historically does well against them)

or Bell vs NYG

I was thinking Bell - Hot runner right now. But I can't help thinking, after a poor performance last week, that Bettis wont get plenty more oppurtunities this week against an old foe...

And finally

Would you trade Bell for J. Lewis? Its really looking like both backs are in RBBC, and Bell is certainly more valuable fantasy-wise right now. But Lewis gets the bulk of the carries, while Bell does not.

Thanks in advance Hugh!

Thanks for the advice Hugh:

QBs:

My QBs Brees and Collins have been underwhelming this year. This week Brees goes up against Philly and a Moss-less Collins goes against Buffalo. Holcomb and Martin are available...dare I pick one of them up and start them?

TEs:

Dallas Clark or a Green Bay TE (Franks or Martin, whoever starts) vs. Minny who seems to always allow a TE score?

hey Hugh...thanks for telling me to start galloway over glenn last week...won my game for me :D ..well since your advice is great..im back again..

Which QB..

Mark Brunell Vs SF

Or

Steve McNair Vs Arizona

Scoring system:

6 pts per td

1 pt every 25 yds passing

-2 every INt

also...

which RB

Aaron Stecker Vs STL

Or

Antowain Smith Vs STL

scoring system:

6 per TD

1 pt every 10 yds rushing/receiving

Edited by Whoop That Trick

Oh Hugh One,

Need 3 WR for this week

Driver @ Minn.

Lloyd @ Wash.

Stokley @ Hou.

BJones @ Ari.

Troupe @ Ari.

McDonald vs. NO

Also have Horn and RWilliams but both are not going to play.

As you can see that core of Wr suck, been struggling all season with them. Been playing the WW game every week due to byes and injuries.  :D

Scoring in the sig.

Thanks Hugh

p.s. Some rumors are floating around here in Minnesota that if Billick gets the axe in Balt. he will be the Vikes next coach.

1081270[/snapback]

WW pick up gems this week: D. Gabriel and Az-Hakim. If you can get them grab them both and start them alongside Driver.

If not, I guess Driver, Lloyd and Stokley. :D

I loved Billick as a coordinator in Minnesota. As a HC, he annoyed the sh*t out of me, probably mainly because he wasn't in Minnesota long enough. The Vikes need a disciplinarian. Someone who lays down the law and doesn't put up with BS. Coughlin, Gruden, Parcells, Cowher, that type of personality. Billick might fit that mold. If he does, I'd welcome him back with open arms. I heard rumors about Fassel becoming the Vikes HC, if that happens, I'll either kill myself or never watch football again.

Hey Hugh, good to see you back at it. I'm 5-1 and a win this week would really help my chances with some of the bye weeks coming up.

Which 3 to start this week? Need to set my lineup by Thursday, going out of town. Standard scoring (1pt/rec/10 yds, bonus 100+, TDs/6 pts).

Curtis vs NO - Good matchup, backup QB

Jerevicius vs Dal - He should start

Gabriel vs Buffalo - Will he show up with Moss out?

Burleson vs GB - Great matchup, but coming off multiple injuries

Muhammad vs Balt - Tough D

Taylor vs GB - Good matchup, but Nate is coming back.

Also, if JJones plays, would you start him over Dunn this week or keep him on the bench until I am sure the ankle is good. I can see him starting and aggrevating the injury = a big 0.

Thanks in advance.

1081271[/snapback]

Without Bruce, Curtis is a good start again.

Without DJax and Engram, Jurevicius is a decent start.

Gabriel was on fire last week AFTER Moss went down. That could continue. I start him.

Those would be my three. If Gabriel tanks it this week, I'm going to have a lot of p*ssed off huddlers come Monday. :D

Flozell going down will hurt JJ, how much remains to be seen. Even if he plays, he won't be 100%, and without Flozell, and with a much better option in Dunn, I'd start Dunn regardless.

Hi

which QB this week..pick 1

Ben Roethlisberger against bengals

Eli Manning against broncos..

Josh McCown against titans

scoring= 1 pt every 25 yds, 6 pts per td and -2 every interception

and

for wr..

santana moss vs 49ers or anquan boldin vs titans

scoring= 1 pt every 10 yds receiving, 6 pts per td

Edited by Hated-By-Many

Not a problem Hugh.

Just looking for an opion on my lineups (*who I'm thinking)

League 1  standard scoring (passing TD's worth 4 PNts

QB: Manning @ Hou, *Brunell v. SF, McCown v. Tenn

WR: *Driver @ Minn, *Moulds @ Oak, Burelson v. GB, TJ Housh v Pitt, SSmith - Bye. (need 2)

Can't believe I'm thinking of benching Manning but I'm 1-5 and need to shake it up.  But will Manning torch Hou as before?

Don't like TJ's matchup against Pitt especially with the inj.  and who knows what Burelson will do, even though I think Minn will be playing catchup

League 2 (passing TD's worth 6 pnts, ints -2)

QB: *Favre @ Minn, Brunell v. SF

WR: *Chad Johnson v Pitt, *Driver @ Minn, *Glenn @ Sea, Curtis v. NO, TJ Housh v. Pitt (pick 3)

Both QB's have good matchups, Wash has better running game, going with Favre.

Sticking with Glenn (I know you don't like him) and the Boy's will need to throw to win in Sea.  Curtis has Martin @ QB and it could be a blow out (I have Steven Jackson), who knows what he'll do.  Since I have Chad and he's banged up I don't like Housh this week.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

1081276[/snapback]

Question 1: You're seriously thinking about starting Brunell over Manning? Start Manning please. McCown might be riding pine, but even if he isn't, start Manning please. Housh is questionable so I can't answer that question until we know more.

Question 2: Favre is a good play against the Vikes. Glenn is truly hit or miss. I've nailed it the last three weeks, I think you should bench him for Curtis with Bruce being out, even with a backup QB, the matchup is too good. CJ and Driver are no-brainers. Good luck.

Edited by Hugh 0ne