[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 7

Hugh 0ne

OK, didn't get to very many questions last week, I apologize to those that took the time to ask, but didn't get a response. I should have more time this week. :D

Remember, I am not a doctor or a psychic, so if you ask me about guys like Andre Johnson, Hines Ward, Julius Jones, Randy Moss, etc., I really won't be able to tell you more, and you'll have to keep an eye on their injury progress as Sunday approaches.

Anywho, fire away. :D

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh,

My team is in my sig as well as the scoring system. Kevin Jones may be out this week. Who knows what is up with Ricky Williams? I need a reliable 2nd RB who can be decent on LT's bye in a few weeks. I am willing to trade Ricky or Willie Parker and maybe a WR for a decent RB. What should I expect to get back?

Am I better to drop Willie and pick up Chris Perry or maybe to trade Willie for Mewelde Moore? Any other suggestions to make my team better?

Oh Hugh One,

Need 3 WR for this week

Driver @ Minn.

Lloyd @ Wash.

Stokley @ Hou.

BJones @ Ari.

Troupe @ Ari.

McDonald vs. NO

Also have Horn and RWilliams but both are not going to play.

As you can see that core of Wr suck, been struggling all season with them. Been playing the WW game every week due to byes and injuries. :D

Scoring in the sig.

Thanks Hugh

p.s. Some rumors are floating around here in Minnesota that if Billick gets the axe in Balt. he will be the Vikes next coach.

Edited by THE SIX KINGS

Hey Hugh, good to see you back at it. I'm 5-1 and a win this week would really help my chances with some of the bye weeks coming up.

Which 3 to start this week? Need to set my lineup by Thursday, going out of town. Standard scoring (1pt/rec/10 yds, bonus 100+, TDs/6 pts).

Curtis vs NO - Good matchup, backup QB

Jerevicius vs Dal - He should start

Gabriel vs Buffalo - Will he show up with Moss out?

Burleson vs GB - Great matchup, but coming off multiple injuries

Muhammad vs Balt - Tough D

Taylor vs GB - Good matchup, but Nate is coming back.

Also, if JJones plays, would you start him over Dunn this week or keep him on the bench until I am sure the ankle is good. I can see him starting and aggrevating the injury = a big 0.

Thanks in advance.

Not a problem Hugh.

Just looking for an opion on my lineups (*who I'm thinking)

League 1 standard scoring (passing TD's worth 4 PNts

QB: Manning @ Hou, *Brunell v. SF, McCown v. Tenn

WR: *Driver @ Minn, *Moulds @ Oak, Burelson v. GB, TJ Housh v Pitt, SSmith - Bye. (need 2)

Can't believe I'm thinking of benching Manning but I'm 1-5 and need to shake it up. But will Manning torch Hou as before?

Don't like TJ's matchup against Pitt especially with the inj. and who knows what Burelson will do, even though I think Minn will be playing catchup

League 2 (passing TD's worth 6 pnts, ints -2)

QB: *Favre @ Minn, Brunell v. SF

WR: *Chad Johnson v Pitt, *Driver @ Minn, *Glenn @ Sea, Curtis v. NO, TJ Housh v. Pitt (pick 3)

Both QB's have good matchups, Wash has better running game, going with Favre.

Sticking with Glenn (I know you don't like him) and the Boy's will need to throw to win in Sea. Curtis has Martin @ QB and it could be a blow out (I have Steven Jackson), who knows what he'll do. Since I have Chad and he's banged up I don't like Housh this week.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Lewis v. Chicago or Moore v. Packers?

Also, which WR should I start this weekend?

Horn @ STL

Housh v PIT

Burleson v. GB

B. Jones @ ARI

Am starting Moulds for sure.  Which looks most likely to play and produce?

1081242[/snapback]

As bad as the Vikes are, the matchup is too good to pass up imo, play Mewlede.

Horn - questionable

Housh - questionable

Both Burleson and Jones have nice matchups, and as bad as the Vikes are, I still think their offensive players a good play at home, especially against a horrible GB defense.

Good morning, oh Hugh one :D

Kind of a complex question, I will try to keep it brief.

In my league we do not start a TE, we have a flex position which you can use to start one if you choose. Since we do not have a TE spot most of them are still available as free agents.

Here's my question: My opponent is starting Eli Manning and Brunell (we start 2 QBs). I already have Dunn v NYJ and SJax v NO. I could sit one of them and pickup Jeremy Shockey to offset Eli. What do you think?

Sorry for the long, and possibly silly question :D

Hey Hugh....thanks in advance. You steered me in the right direction last week with Brunell. Standard scoring, 1 pt per 10 rush/receiving, 6 per TD.

Which three to start?

Boldin vs TENN (he's my #1 I would say so he's starting)

Driver @ MN

Stallworth @ STL

Houshmandzadeh vs PITT

T. Taylor vs GB

Chambers vs KC

Thanks again.

I would say all have favorable matchups except Housh.

Hey Hugh-

Here it is:

WDIS at RB:

Droughns vs. DET

Parker vs. CIN

Also...

WDIS at QB:

Favre vs. MIN

Brunell vs. SFO

Thanks...

1081243[/snapback]

2 RBBC clusterf*cks. Kinda sucks. Both play pretty good rush defenses. Both teams should be leading which should mean a lot of running plays. With Suggs hurt, I'd go with Droughns here.

I go with Favre. Washington could burry San Fran, and abandon the passing game early. I'd expect more of a shootout in the Vikes-Packers game.

Assuming Moss doesn't play who is my # 3 WR behind JJ and CJ? Gabriel vs Buff or B. Jones at Zona. We get .5 per catch.

Also:

Zona QB's vs Tenn or Seattle QB's vs Dall

1081245[/snapback]

Ow. Tough. Both are risks since they're being thrust into action because of injuries. Both play decent pass defenses. Gabriel looked good last week with Moss out, play the "hot" hand.

I would bench Hasselhoff and start McCown/Warner. Fitz and Boldin are big play WR's that will help the QB's numbers. Hasselnuts is throwing to the grocery bagger.

Hugh,

My team is in my sig as well as the scoring system.  Kevin Jones may be out this week.  Who knows what is up with Ricky Williams?  I need a reliable 2nd RB who can be decent on LT's bye in a few weeks.  I am willing to trade Ricky or Willie Parker and maybe a WR for a decent RB.  What should I expect to get back? 

Am I better to drop Willie and pick up Chris Perry or maybe to trade Willie for Mewelde Moore?  Any other suggestions to make my team better?

1081248[/snapback]

Tough call. Parker's value isn't great, and neither is Ricky's imo. And you really don't have the WR depth to throw in someone of value. Willie for Moore might be a slight upgrade.

Westbrook or Jordan

Wayne or Harrison

Brunell or Palmer.

I am now the #2 team in my league and playing the #1 team in my league for 1st place. Which one would you start this week only? Thanks

1081249[/snapback]

I'm a big Lamont Jordan fan. I would start him this week over Westbrook.

Harrison. Don't start Wayne over Harrison. Ever.

Palmer. Don't start Brunell over Palmer. Ever. I know, I know, the SF matchup has you drooling over Brunell. Don't do it.

Hey Hugh. Couple of questions for ya.

Standard performance(no pts deducted for int's)

Who do you like this weekend?

Hasslebeck vs Dallas

Eli vs Denver

or I can get Brunell vs SF off the WW. Would you rather have Brunell or Eli as your #2 for the remainder of the year?

Also I need a #3 WR this week. Who do you like best from the following?

I currently have Stallworth vs STL

or I can get anyone of the following off the WW.

Curtis vs NO

Hakim vs STL

Brandon Jones vs Ariz

Evans vs Oak

Burleson vs GB (I actually drafted him but had to drop him last week because of bye weeks. I have limited roster space for my WR's. I haven't heard anything on whether he's going to play this week or not and I have to pick someone by tonight.)

Thanks Hugh.

Hey Hugh, Hope all is well with the fam. Your little one has got to be getting big now.

Here is my quandry for the week. I, like many of us last week, got it yet again by the injury bug. This time it was Bulger. :D

I am looking for a 1 week replacement,as I plan to pick up Leftwich after his bye week. Here are my options for the week:

J Martin vs. TEN (worried that there is no clear cut starter yet)

A Brooks @ STL (He isn't the most reliable QB - which week will this be?)

T Dilfer vs DET (Coach has been hinting to some changes and he hasn't played well as of late)

K Holcomb vs OAK (Kind of tempting, but risky)

G Frerotte (Do I even dare?)

Tough choice and if I do pick up one of these. Do you agree that picking up Leftwich next week will be a wise move? :D

1 point per 50 yards passing, 6 per TD, -2 INT.

Hey 1 more quickie. 1 per 10 rush/rec, 6 per TD, 1 per rec.

Which 3 would you start:

Parker@CIN, D Davis vsIND, T Bell@NYG, M Shipp vsTEN, B Westbrook vsSD.

Right now I am starting Parker, Davis, Westbrook.

Thanks in advance for your help buddy.

Edited by Lost

Hi Hugh. I’m thinking of dropping Bettis and picking up Chris Brown RB. Yes or No.

Performance based league:

1pt per rec.

1pt for every 20yds rush or rec.

4pt TDs.

Also drop Horn WR and pickup Ferguson WR for GB who plays the Vikes? Or keep Horn and start D. Mason.

THANKS!!!!!!!!

I have both Moss and Horn...ouch. I am gojng on the assumption that both will be out this week. So the question is who do I start along with Jurevicious? I need to pick 2 of these guys. I already have Kennsion on my roster and the rest are on the WW. Thanks Hugh!!

Kennison @ MIA

McCareins @ ATL

Hakim V STL

Henderson V STL

Gaffney V INDY

Jones @ AZ

Gabriel V BUF

Lelie V NYG

I have 2 questions and will try and make them as short as possible, one a WDIS and the other a WW pickup. First the WIDS:

Chambers V KC (figure Frerotte will need to pass to keep up)

or

Wayne @ Houston (another big dose of Edge or does Peyton open it up?)

and Andre Johnson just hit the WW in our league. Given my roster, worth picking up?

Thanks

Edited by DuckSurprise

Your help is always appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Question 1

Applies to leagues 1 and 2 in sig.

With Bulger down, and Leftwich on a bye, I'm hurting at QB. Who should I pick up from the waiver wire:

Jamie Martin

Trent Dilfer

Kelly Holcomb

I picked up Holcomb when the waiver wire ran last night, but Martin and Dilfer are still available.

Question 2

Applies to leagues 1 in sig.

Who should I start in as my flex:

Antowain Smith @ STL

Mewelde Moore @ GB

Question 3

Applies to leagues 1 in sig.

I've been offered Hasselbeck for Antowain Smith. If I accept, it'll leave me with only 3 RBs (Moore, DDavis, KJones). Plus, Hasselbeck's bye is next week, so I would still have to use a filler QB for Hasselbeck and Bulger. Thoughts?

Edit to add Question 3.

Edited by Qdaddyo