[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FREE Fantasy Advice for week 8

Avernus

Avernus, your unique perspective would be appreciated on the following:

4 RB's, need to start 2, 1 pt for 10 yds rush/rec and 6pts for TD's.

My inclinations in order as follows:

Thomas Jones @ Det

S. Jackson vs JK

R. Johnson vs GB

K. Jones vs Chicago

I appreciate your thoughts on this.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man...didn't expect such a quick turnaround. While we're at it, one more WDIS question, this time with my WRs.

Need to start to. Glenn will be one of them (too good of a matchup not to), and Plaxico has become my every week starter. Problem is, he may not play this week. If he doesn't I'm plugging in Rod Smith (v. PHI) or Branch (v. BUF). Rod's done very little of late, and I don't like the Plummer/Philly matchup despite being in Mile High. Branch is great...when he gets the one of five looks. Right now I'm leaning towards Glenn/Rod is Plaxico doesn't play. Thoughts?

Thanks again.

Avernus, your unique perspective would be appreciated on the following:

4 RB's, need to start 2, 1 pt for 10 yds rush/rec and 6pts for TD's.

My inclinations in order as follows:

Thomas Jones @ Det

S. Jackson vs JK

R. Johnson vs GB

K. Jones vs Chicago

I appreciate your thoughts on this.

1105055[/snapback]

I'd run Jackson and Rudi....T Jones should have a decent game, even against the pretty respectable Lions D....but Rudi has a great matchup and Jackson is your #1 IMO....

good luck..

Thanks man...didn't expect such a quick turnaround.  While we're at it, one more WDIS question, this time with my WRs.

Need to start to.  Glenn will be one of them (too good of a matchup not to), and Plaxico has become my every week starter.  Problem is, he may not play this week.  If he doesn't I'm plugging in Rod Smith (v. PHI) or Branch (v. BUF).  Rod's done very little of late, and I don't like the Plummer/Philly matchup despite being in Mile High.  Branch is great...when he gets the one of five looks.  Right now I'm leaning towards Glenn/Rod is Plaxico doesn't play. Thoughts?

Thanks again.

1105063[/snapback]

on primetime, I may just run Branch ahead of Burress...

well, :D maybe not....but Brady loves throwing to Branch and I expect them to connect for about 9 passes on primetime where Brady likes to give him exposure...

and I'm thinking....even if Burress plays, his shoulder wouldn't be in great shape...run Branch and breathe easy....

good luck..

Avernus, Please help me choose from the list below.

Choose 1 of 3 RB's:

K Jones vs. Chicago

A Smith vs. Miami

M Barber vs. Arizona

I've asked 7 people and have 3 votes for Smith, 2 for Jones and 2 for Barber. What is your take?

I don't understand anyone voting for Jones vs. the Bears, but I'll go that way if that is what the majority says. He has been hard for me to predict this year.

on primetime, I may just run Branch ahead of Burress...

well, :D maybe not....but Brady loves throwing to Branch and I expect them to connect for about 9 passes on primetime where Brady likes to give him exposure...

and I'm thinking....even if Burress plays, his shoulder wouldn't be in great shape...run Branch and breathe easy....

good luck..

1105080[/snapback]

Thanks man. Apprecaite the time and insight.

Avernus, Please help me choose from the list below.

Choose 1 of 3 RB's:

K Jones vs. Chicago

A Smith vs. Miami

M Barber vs. Arizona

I've asked 7 people and have 3 votes for Smith, 2 for Jones and 2 for Barber.  What is your take? 

I don't understand anyone voting for Jones vs. the Bears, but I'll go that way if that is what the majority says.  He has been hard for me to predict this year.

1105084[/snapback]

yea, Smith is a better option...but with the way he played last week, he showed why I didn't grab him off of waivers...

Barber is the better play if JJ can't go...and Stecker might come back, he appears to make more plays...

play Barber

good luck...

I am looking for 1 more reply to a post I had on the board. Maybe you can shed some light on my dilemma.

Ok, here is the deal. I am in a 10 team league where I am in second place (6-1). Socring is 1 point per 10 rush/rec, 6 per TD, 1 per reception.

My team:

Favre, Leftwich

Parker, Westbrook, D Davis, Bell, Pittman

Holt, Horn, Kennison, J Smith, Gabriel, Mason

McMichael

Lindell

Cincy, Philly

His Team:

Delhomme, Hasselbeck

A Smith, J Lewis, M Moore

Jurevicius, Engram, Curtis, D Jackson, McCardell, R Moss, S Smith

H Miller

Tynes, Longwell

TB, Detroit

Ok, he wants either Parker or Westbrook and I want McCardell. I am a little worried about Holt and Horn for rest of season. Here is the trade on the table:

Parker or Westbrook and Kennison for Curtis and McCardell. I think both of us will upgrade, but am I leaving myself too thin at RB? And if this does sound far, who would you give up: Parker or Westbrook?

Please assist. Any help would be appreciated!

I am looking for 1 more reply to a post I had on the board. Maybe you can shed some light on my dilemma.

Ok, here is the deal. I am in a 10 team league where I am in second place (6-1). Socring is 1 point per 10 rush/rec, 6 per TD, 1 per reception.

My team:

Favre, Leftwich

Parker, Westbrook, D Davis, Bell, Pittman

Holt, Horn, Kennison, J Smith, Gabriel, Mason

McMichael

Lindell

Cincy, Philly

His Team:

Delhomme, Hasselbeck

A Smith, J Lewis, M Moore

Jurevicius, Engram, Curtis, D Jackson, McCardell, R Moss, S Smith

H Miller

Tynes, Longwell

TB, Detroit

Ok, he wants either Parker or Westbrook and I want McCardell. I am a little worried about Holt and Horn for rest of season.  Here is the trade on the table:

Parker or Westbrook and Kennison for Curtis and McCardell. I think both of us will upgrade, but am I leaving myself too thin at RB? And if this does sound far, who would you give up: Parker or Westbrook?

Please assist. Any help would be appreciated!

1105153[/snapback]

move Parker...Westbrook is likely going to start getting 6+ catches a game and 10+ rushes....Reid is realizing that passing the ball every down will not win them games....his touches should go up

good luck...

Car Def vs Minn

or

Det Def vs Chi

Can't make up my mind on this one. Det playing a lackluster Chi offense at home where they are always tough. Car playing against Culpepper is riskier, but if he's having a bad day(more often than not this year), it could pay big dividends.

Any insight is appreciated and Thanks in advance.

Car Def vs Minn

or

Det Def vs Chi

Can't make up my mind on this one.  Det playing a lackluster Chi offense at home where they are always tough.  Car playing against Culpepper is riskier, but if he's having a bad day(more often than not this year), it could pay big dividends.

Any insight is appreciated and Thanks in advance.

1106381[/snapback]

the Vikings still have several weapons, Orton could easily have a multi-INT game in the dome where it's hard to concentrate with the crowd noise being multiplied without the ventilation....

run the Lions D, even though Jones should run all over them....the passing game won't impress at all IMO...

I need to fill 3 WR spots (note TE is optional in my league).

Braylon Edwards v Hou

Muhsin Muhammad v Det

Jeremy Shockey v Was

Antonio Chatman v Cin

Eddie Kennison v SD

At the moment, I'm leaning towards Shockey, Muhammad, and Edwards? But I'm not committed yet.

Performance scoring league (12 teams). Pretty standard stuff.

Edited by scuba chuck

Any suggestions on who to start?

I can start 2 RB and 3 WR's or I can start 3 RB's and 2 WR's. I am in a little bit of a dilemma. I have the following RB's

Cadillac Williams

P Holmes

L Johnson

P Pass

and the following WR's

Chad Johnson

Joey Gallaway

Kevin curtis

T calico

K colbert

S Mcdonald

Reggie williams

I know P holmes and C Johnson are no brainers..Joey is almost a no brainer but what about the others? Caddy over Larry - or start holmes, caddy and L Johnson with Chad Johnson and J galloway....or holmes and johnson with C Johnson, J galloway and k Curtis? Calico might do better than curtis...Any help?

Performance scoring.

.1 pt per 1 Yd Rushing / Receiving.

6 Pts per TD

Current Starting Lineup: 1 QB. 2RB. 3WR. 1TE. 1K. 1D. 1FLEX

QB: Brunell.

RB: S. Jackson. W. Parker.

WR: C. Johnson. J. Smith. D. Driver.

TE: Wiggins.

K: Wilkins.

D: Titans.

WDIS FLEX:

T. Fisher ( Had Laser Eye Sugery on Tuesday ) vs CN Rush 'D' of 27.

or

K. Curtis ( No Holt or Bruce ) vs JAX Pass 'D' of 2.

or

L Evans vs N.E. Pass 'D' of 24.

Any Suggestions on FLEX ?