[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the CrockPot-Week 8

PantherDave

Well the trusty Steamer will be pulling the weight this Sunday, as an OysterRoast will be going down. I'll pick-up 2 1/2 bushels of Stump Sound Oysters, bout 300 Clams, and some locally caught Baby Flounder and Spots. The majority of the Oy's will be steamed, but the 1/2 bushel will be roasted. The Clams will be steamed as well, and the Flounder and Spot's will be fried in the deep fat fryer(the hushpuppies also). I'll mix my Coastline Slaw( shredded cabbage, mayo and dill pickle juice)and steam and roast some of the last good and sweet corn from the season. BYOB affair-I'll be downing my beloved Mich Light. Mrs. PD is baking a Chocalte Meragine and Lemon Merainge pies.

Now some Football( also-your suppose to give ya thoughts on a game every week :D )

I like the Bears to get a Stanglehold on the NFCN

Bears 23

Lions 13

Bon Appetite!! and Good Luck on the Homer Front and FF wise-Peace PD.

Can I just say that this is both my favorite and least favorite weekly thread. :D:D

I travel for a living and am in a different city and different arena every week for 10 months out of the year. I live on arena hot dogs and watch my games in my "locker room" office TV if there is one, NFL Gamecenter is my fantasy lifeline.

This week I am in Bakesfield, CA. and the Sunday Cuisine looks like it will be the Loaded Nachos with a chicken salad wrap and fries. I envy all you huddlers who will be firing up your crock pots and smokers, but you give me hope that one day I will be doing the same and can put the Sunday afternoon Nacho platter to rest.

Thanks so much and keep writing these mouth watering recipies as I am jotting them down and will be using them when I get off the road. :D

I'll pick-up 2 1/2 bushels of Stump Sound Oysters, bout 300 Clams, and some locally caught Baby Flounder and Spots.

1106022[/snapback]

Man, that kicks the crap out of the ritz crackers and spray cheese I set aside for game day!! :D I might have to adjust the tradition and elevate my culinary choices!! Enjoy!! :D

As for your thought about the Bears, I think the NFC North is their for the taking -- with Minny's implosion, GB's injuries, and Detroit's inability to jell ... Culpepper & Crew ought to be a force, but they just keep misfiring -- and sooo much for having "all the tools" in Detroit ... Meanwhile, Orton just keeps plugging along, TJones has been inexplicable, and the DEF has been lighting it up. They might just take the north -- after I pointed them towards the cellar when Grossbeak went down!!

Man, that kicks the crap out of the ritz crackers and spray cheese I set aside for game day!!  :D  I might have to adjust the tradition and elevate my culinary choices!!  Enjoy!! :D

As for your thought about the Bears, I think the NFC North is their for the taking -- with Minny's implosion, GB's injuries, and Detroit's inability to jell ... Culpepper & Crew ought to be a force, but they just keep misfiring -- and sooo much for having "all the tools" in Detroit ... Meanwhile, Orton just keeps plugging along, TJones has been inexplicable, and the DEF has been lighting it up.  They might just take the north -- after I pointed them towards the cellar when Grossbeak went down!!

1106791[/snapback]

A. Unless Dominos delivers 'Spots', I'm not eating any saltwater fish this weekend.:doah:

2. I picked Detroit to win the NFC North in the pre-season, and I'm stubbornly sticking with them, even though CHI has that patented "sick defense, good running game, afterthought passing game" combo thats seems to succeed (a la 2001 Ravens). Garcia might add a spark, and that defense has been underrated all year, IMO. If they can get some of those moes back healthy/off the crack pipe, then they could get the running game going and hang on in that dismal division. We'll see.

A. Unless Dominos delivers 'Spots', I'm not eating any saltwater fish this weekend.:doah:

2. I picked Detroit to win the NFC North in the pre-season, and I'm stubbornly sticking with them, even though CHI has that patented "sick defense, good running game, afterthought passing game" combo thats seems to succeed (a la 2001 Ravens). Garcia might add a spark, and that defense has been underrated all year, IMO. If they can get some of those moes back healthy/off the crack pipe, then they could get the running game going and hang on in that dismal division. We'll see.

1106838[/snapback]

Mark, this has bet written all over it. Problem is I'm still leaning towards your view of the kittenz.

What say we wager over the winners of the NFC North, NFC South, NFC East, AFC East, and AFC West as the tie breaker.....regular season?

Two slabs of ribz and a bottle of sauce from CD's joint; Jack Stack BBQ...one of KC's best...trust me...it's amazingly good!

If you care to play, I'll take:

NFC North: Detroit

South: Tampa

East: Philly

AFC East : Buffalo

AND....

West: Denver :D

This assumes Ms. Saint approves and/or thinks I'm really just a hockey fan who loves FF prior to the rinks freezing. :D

Edit: To add, it'll be T-bonez and Margaritas / Corona this Sunday :D

Edited by Turf Smurf

Two slabs of ribz and a bottle of sauce from CD's joint; Jack Stack BBQ...one of KC's best...trust me...it's amazingly good!

1106965[/snapback]

If I may interject, Jack Stack WAY overcharges for their ribs when they are shipped. If you buy them here at their restaurant, you pay HALF of what they charged for that shipment to you. So you may want to check out their website for costs before making that bet.

Though, you are already 2 slabs ahead of the game. What do I care. :D:D:D

If I may interject, Jack Stack WAY overcharges for their ribs when they are shipped. If you buy them here at their restaurant, you pay HALF of what they charged for that shipment to you.  So you may want to check out their website for costs before making that bet.

Though, you are already 2 slabs ahead of the game. What do I care.  :D  :D  :D

1106991[/snapback]

Yes sir, done did. Oh wait, you're not talking to me. :D

Especially after I saw the 70 bonez plus shipping you shelled out. I'm sure there are cheaper joints, but for me, it's not worth the hassle if you're not getting to bet and/or ship/recieve the best. :D

Edit: to add, depending on the outcome, i'd probably be willing to throw in my 10% discount....if it's not used before then....we'd need to haggle. :D

Besides CD, Mark's to smart to bet against the master! :D

Edited by Turf Smurf

Well the trusty Steamer will be pulling the weight this Sunday, as an OysterRoast will be going down. I'll pick-up 2 1/2 bushels of Stump Sound Oysters, bout 300 Clams, and some locally caught Baby Flounder and Spots. The majority of the Oy's will be steamed, but the 1/2 bushel will be roasted. The Clams will be steamed as well, and the Flounder and Spot's will be fried in the deep fat fryer(the hushpuppies also). I'll mix my Coastline Slaw( shredded cabbage, mayo and dill pickle juice)and steam and roast some of the last good and sweet corn from the season. BYOB affair-I'll be downing my beloved Mich Light. Mrs. PD is baking a Chocalte Meragine and Lemon Merainge pies.

1106022[/snapback]

Sounds good. What time should we all come by? :D

PanterDave there's nothing like licking my lips when ready your post, being on a diet that's about as close to reality i'll get for awhile.  :D

It all sounded good until you said "deep fried" , my wife told me that's a NO NO for me  :D

1107613[/snapback]

Oh yeah, as long as you stayed with the Oy's, Clams, slaw and corn, you'd be alright........but wait a minute..if you ate all those natural aprodisiacs, well if your Mrs. was willing, ya could work off that fried food the same night :D Peace PD.

Edited by PantherDave

Can I just say that this is both my favorite and least favorite weekly thread. :D  :D

I travel for a living and am in a different city and different arena every week for 10 months out of the year.  I live on arena hot dogs and watch my games in my "locker room" office TV if there is one, NFL Gamecenter is my fantasy lifeline. 

This week I am in Bakesfield, CA. and the Sunday Cuisine looks like it will be the Loaded Nachos with a chicken salad wrap and fries.  I envy all you huddlers who will be firing up your crock pots and smokers, but you give me hope that one day I will be doing the same and can put the Sunday afternoon Nacho platter to rest.

Thanks so much and keep writing these mouth watering recipies as I am jotting them down and will be using them when I get off the road.  :D

1106785[/snapback]

J-town-

What exactly is your high-mileage profession?

J-town-

What exactly is your high-mileage profession?

1107809[/snapback]

I am the Concessions Manager for the Disney on Ice, Finding Nemo show.

We are currently on a 36 week tour of the West Coast.

I live on strict diet of Dominos pizza and Arena Death Dogs, so this thred helps me visualize some good Sunday afternoon grubbin. This is also the same time that the jelousy sets in, as I hear about all this grillin and steamin. :D

Finally the smoker is coming out to play on a Sunday! I love smoked foods, the girl doesn't. Conundrum.... you bet. But, she has given the green light for a smoked food frenzy on what is shaping up to be a crisp, but sunny day, in Columbus.

I'll be doing country style (or Western-cut ribs) w/ homemade rub and BBQ sauce. They've been marinating since yesterday in a combination of sliced apples, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, 1 beer, and about 4 shots of Maker's Mark bourbon. In a couple of hours, I'll take them from their bath and put the rub on them. They should be on the smoker around noon for a 3-3:30 apt. w/ my belly. The sides are going to be macaroni salad a al Nick Tahou's (home of THE garbage plate in Rochester, NY) and Dinosaur BBQ baked beans (from their recipe book - a cookbook I highly recommend).

All washed down w/ Miller Lite and Captain Morgan Tattoo and Cokes. Enjoy your FF afternoon! Please let the injuries stop for at least a day.....