[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yea, I don't think Weis is going anywhere.

budlitebrad

Notre Dame will NEVER win a National Championship ..... NEVER!!

It's a joke that their ranked where they are. They've played a very weak schedule. They have 2 losses. They should be ranked around 14 or 15 at best. They are the most overrated, overhyped team in college football every year! With all that being said Mr. Weiss has done a great job this year.

1164372[/snapback]

I think you meant "Never AGAIN", right? And by the way, yes, they will.

I think you meant "Never AGAIN", right?  And by the way, yes, they will.

1164415[/snapback]

Yeah You're right ..... they won one what ....... 20+ years ago? I'm sure we should be talking about that too! Over .... rated, over .....rated!! :D Again, the numbers don't lie ..... the teams that Notre Dame has played this year have a cumulative losing record. Notre Dame has 2 losses yet there are 5-6 teams "behind" them in the polls that play tougher competition AND have a better record? What's that? :D

Edited by theprofessor

Actually, it was 1988, which is less than 20 years ago - I hope you are not a math professor.  They lost to the top ranked team in the final seconds.  Like you said, numbers don't lie.

1164689[/snapback]

Close Enough!! :D As I said Notre Dame is overrated. Definately should not be in the Top-10, especially with that schedule! And yes they lost to the top ranked team at Home! If you're a great team you win those types of games at home. Pac-10 rules! :D

Close Enough!!  :D As I said Notre Dame is overrated. Definately should not be in the Top-10, especially with that schedule! And yes they lost to the top ranked team at Home! If you're a great team you win those types of games at home. Pac-10 rules!  :D

1166027[/snapback]

I don't think anyone is calling ND a "great" team this year - they've done a heck of a lot more with what Willingham left Weis than what Ty would have accomplished. They're going to have a top 5 recruiting class (if not a top 2 class) this upcoming year, and Weis is the real deal. Get used to being innundated with ND propaganda for years to come, they're going to be good for a while (assuming Weis doesn't have a heart attack :D )

For those that are questioning why ND in the Fiesta instead of Oregon, I'm sure you know deep down that ND/Penn State would DOUBLE the ratings of Oregon/Penn State - the BCS knows it too. Oregon should be ranked ahead of ND, but who east of the Rockies wants to watch them? For the want of 2 plays and six points, ND is undefeated and playing Texas for the NC. They're good enough to compete in a BCS bowl, and that's good enough for the BCS.

I don't think anyone is calling ND a "great" team this year - they've done a heck of a lot more with what Willingham left Weis than what Ty would have accomplished.  They're going to have a top 5 recruiting class (if not a top 2 class) this upcoming year, and Weis is the real deal.  Get used to being innundated with ND propaganda for years to come, they're going to be good for a while (assuming Weis doesn't have a heart attack  :D )

For those that are questioning why ND in the Fiesta instead of Oregon, I'm sure you know deep down that ND/Penn State would DOUBLE the ratings of Oregon/Penn State - the BCS knows it too.  Oregon should be ranked ahead of ND, but who east of the Rockies wants to watch them?  For the want of 2 plays and six points, ND is undefeated and playing Texas for the NC.  They're good enough to compete in a BCS bowl, and that's good enough for the BCS.

1167303[/snapback]

Other than the TY comment, which you don't know, all good points. Another reason that the BCS might not select Oregon for the Fiesta is those God Awful uniforms! :D By the way .... records of ND opponents this year 57-59 :D WEAK!!

Other than the TY comment, which you don't know, all good points. Another reason that the BCS might not select Oregon for the Fiesta is those God Awful uniforms!  :D By the way .... records of ND opponents this year  57-59  :D WEAK!!

1168751[/snapback]

I know that Brady Quinn, Maurice Stovall and Jeff Smarja are light years better than they were last year. Stovall has jumped exponentially in draft status, Smarja has gone from a nobody at the end of the bench to the second coming of Ed McCaffery and Brady Quinn has gone from an average-at-best QB to a Heisman candidate - all in one season. I watched Ty for three years blame the complexity of the "West Coast Offense" for his struggles on offense - he would not have gotten the same improvement out of this team as Weis did. They are finally being coached by what IMO will prove to be one of the great college coaches of our time. Ty is and will never be anything more than a footnote in the history of college ball.

And yes, those Oregon unis are fugly! :D

Again, the numbers don't lie ..... the teams that Notre Dame has played this year have a cumulative losing record. Notre Dame has 2 losses yet there are 5-6 teams "behind" them in the polls that play tougher competition AND have a better record? What's that?  :D

1164640[/snapback]

So I guess using your own "subjective" logic, you would conclude that since USC has played 7 teams with a record of .500 or less, they must suck, or at least be over-rated, right?

By the way .... records of ND opponents this year  57-59  WEAK!! 

Records of USC opponents to date 52-52 (excluding ND, since you seem to think they are so over-rated). Yeah, much more impressive. :D

The fact is, you can only play the teams that are on your schedule. ND has done that and looked solid. Everything else is opinion.

One of the all time Great Teams? - No way.

Elite team? - No.

Great Team - Yes.

Your entitled to your opinion, everyone is. As the old saying goes...

"Everybody has an opinion and you're an ....". No, that's not it. It's "Opinions are like professors, everyone has one", or something along those lines. :D

So I guess using your own "subjective" logic, you would conclude that since USC has played 7 teams with a record of .500 or less, they must suck, or at least be over-rated, right?

Records of USC opponents to date 52-52 (excluding ND, since you seem to think they are so over-rated).  Yeah, much more impressive.  :D

The fact is, you can only play the teams that are on your schedule.  ND has done that and looked solid.  Everything else is opinion.

One of the all time Great Teams? - No way.

Elite team? - No. 

Great Team - Yes.

Your entitled to your opinion, everyone is.  As the old saying goes...

"Everybody has an opinion and you're an ....".  No, that's not it.  It's "Opinions are like professors, everyone has one", or something along those lines.  :D

1169708[/snapback]

Come on Dragon Boy get your facts straight before you speak. First off, I included USC's record of 11-0 in Notre Dames record vs. opponents and they still came out with a losing record. If were talking apples to apples then you include ND record of 8-2 and that makes USC opponents record 65-48! BIG DIFFERENCE from ND. Also, the only reason USC has played teams with .500 or less records is because they play in the toughest football conference in the nation and everyone beats everyone up! USC is unquestionably the most dominant program in college football in the last 3 years ....33 wins in a row, 3 straight BCS victories, best RB tandem and WR trio and best QB in the land. Bullseye on their back every week and EVERY week they win :D ...... Enough Said! Notre Dame ... Great? NO! Good .... Yes! BCS worthy ...... Hell No!! :D