[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New BCS Standings

theeohiostate

Southern California

2 Texas

3 Virginia Tech

4 Alabama

5 UCLA

6 Miami (Fla.)

7 Penn State

8 LSU

9 Florida State

10 Ohio State

11 Georgia

12 Wisconsin

13 Oregon

14 Notre Dame

15 Texas Tech

16 West Virginia

17 Florida

18 TCU

19 Boston College

20 Auburn

21 Michigan

22 Colorado

23 California

24 Fresno State

25 Oklahoma

Florida

West Virginia

Tell me how in the hell Oregon ahead of Notre Dame :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Tell me how in the hell Oregon ahead of Notre Dame  :D

1113155[/snapback]

Don't forget BCS only looks up through this point in the season, not ahead. The Ducks only loss was to USC, while Notre Dame also lost to USC plus lost at home to Michigan State.

What is hard to understand? If ND wins out, they'll move ahead of the Ducks, don't worry. Just like the Hokies moving past TX, if they're lucky...

Don't forget BCS only looks up through this point in the season, not ahead.  The Ducks only loss was to USC, while Notre Dame also lost to USC plus lost at home to Michigan State. 

What is hard to understand?  If ND wins out, they'll move ahead of the Ducks, don't worry.  Just like the Hokies moving past TX, if they're lucky...

1116939[/snapback]

Yes, i spoke to fast w/o looking into it futher, still I HATE THE BCS and anytime i can criticize it i will :D

Just like the Hokies moving past TX, if they're lucky...

1116939[/snapback]

My opinion is that UT is better than V Tech, but that is just my opinion. However, the facts are that there is no way that V Tech moves past UT if they both win out.

1) V Tech strength of schedule will definitely improve, while UT's will not. UT is currently #1 in all computer polls, and VT & USC are tied for 2/3. It is certainly very possible that if all three win out, then UT will end up #3 in the computer polls (however, when it is all said and done, it is very likely that both UT and VT will have 4 wins over top 25 teams in the BCS).

2) Computer polls really do not matter. They are only 1/3 of the formula; human polls are 2/3 of the formula. The only way mathematically that VT can jump UT is if they make significant gains in the human polls. History has shown repeatedly that human voters will not pull significant support from a team that continues to win.

3) And a USC fan cares about VT moving past UT why??????

Again, you can argue which team is better, you can argue that the BCS is a crock, you can argue many things, but if you argue that VT has a chance of jumping an undefeated UT, then you either do not understand the BCS or you do not understand mathematics.

Again, you can argue which team is better, you can argue that the BCS is a crock, you can argue many things, but if you argue that VT has a chance of jumping an undefeated UT, then you either do not understand the BCS or you do not understand mathematics.

1119505[/snapback]

OK, you got me - I do not understand the BCS. Which puts me in good company. I'm glad you do. It must be lonely...

OK, you got me - I do not understand the BCS.  Which puts me in good company.  I'm glad you do.  It must be lonely...

1122396[/snapback]

It is really not all that difficult to understand. High school level mathematics and freshman level human psychology. However, as you appear to be a USC fan, I can certainly understand why you would want VT to jump UT in the BCS. :D

Nah, I don't really care as long as USC is in it! I think UT could give us a good game too. I'm just saying that stranger things have happened with the BCS. USC was #1 in both human polls and still ended up #3 in the BCS 2 years ago. Perhaps we'll only have 2 undefeateds anyway.

Honestly hope it doesn't happen to the 'horns, and don't think it will. But somehow I wouldn't call it impossible...