[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heisman Watch

Chavez

Right now ESPN's Expert Poll shows that VY is the front runner.

1143977[/snapback]

If the criteria is for the man most valuable to his team's success, I'd say VY is it. Leinart and Bush tend to cancel each other out from week to week as to who they lean on the most to win, while TX is a one man show. Bush got shut down for the most part today by Cal, while Leinart should've had another 2 TDs today (+ his 2 rushing) if not for a couple easy drops by the usually sure-handed TE Byrd.

I mean the USC machine has so many interchangeable parts, even if somehow Leinart and Bush both got shut down or hurt, that O-line and WRs + LenDale White + JD Booty would score the necessary points against anybody, with the possible exception of the Longhorns. Without VY the 'Horns are maybe 6-4 now...

If the criteria is for the man most valuable to his team's success, I'd say VY is it.  Leinart and Bush tend to cancel each other out from week to week as to who they lean on the most to win, while TX is a one man show.  Bush got shut down for the most part today by Cal, while Leinart should've had another 2 TDs today (+ his 2 rushing) if not for a couple easy drops by the usually sure-handed TE Byrd.

I mean the USC machine has so many interchangeable parts, even if somehow Leinart and Bush both got shut down or hurt, that O-line and WRs + LenDale White + JD Booty would score the necessary points against anybody, with the possible exception of the Longhorns.  Without VY the 'Horns are maybe 6-4 now...

1144229[/snapback]

Vince completed 70% of his passes yesterday for 281 yards, 4tds, and no ints. I agree that he is more important to Texas than areLeinart or Bush. I disagree that they would be 6-4, they would probably be more like 8-2. Texas isn't as one dimensional on offense as people think. Texas has three pretty good RBs in Charles, S. Young, and Taylor. They rushed for 336 yards against what ESPN called the toughest run defense in college football, and VY didn't even contribute in the rushing game. I'd go as far to say that Jamal Charles could be a Heisman candidate in two years. Both he and Selvin you have been spliting carries when healthy, and both have had some injuries this year. Texas has 3 RBs averaging more than 5 yards per carry, so don't discount the Texas RBs, just because Vince is so good.

• 2 weeks later...
VY is losing all hope for the Heisman today against A&M with 97 yards passing and INT and 2 lost fumbles in the 3rd quarter.

This is against the WORST defense in the NCAA.

Bush will win.

1173079[/snapback]

I would have to agree. Votes do not have to be cast until December 5th. I wonder how many vote early. If Bush has a terrible game against UCLA (very unlikely) and VY has a great game against Colorado, maybe he can pull it out. Would depend on how many people voted early, and I would have to say it is a very long shot. It will be interesting to see the vote totals.

VY is losing all hope for the Heisman today against A&M with 97 yards passing and INT and 2 lost fumbles in the 3rd quarter.

This is against the WORST defense in the NCAA.

Bush will win.

1173079[/snapback]

I would have to agree.  Votes do not have to be cast until December 5th.  I wonder how many vote early.  If Bush has a terrible game against UCLA (very unlikely) and VY has a great game against Colorado, maybe he can pull it out.  Would depend on how many people voted early, and I would have to say it is a very long shot.  It will be interesting to see the vote totals.

1177579[/snapback]

Bush has it sewed up now. Young looked like crap against A&M. If he'd had this kind of performance earlier in the year, he probably would have overcome it, but having it now cost him any chance he had at the Heisman. I have to think that the majority of votes are already in the mail.