[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Polls

theeohiostate

F'ing idiots in the AP :D

They have 3 SEC teams ranked in the top 10 , yet give a one loss team (Miami) the nod over the only undefeated team in the SEC. Once again the SEC is getting no love...........when will they learn, this has been 1 of the top 2 strongest conferences over the last four years.

:D Get real

AP Poll

1 Southern California

2 Texas

3 Miami (Fla.)

4 Alabama

5 LSU

6 Penn State

7 Notre Dame

8 Virginia Tech

9 Georgia

10 Ohio State

11 Oregon

12 Florida

13 Texas Tech

14 UCLA

15 Auburn

16 West Virginia

17 Florida State

18 TCU

19 Wisconsin

20 Fresno State

21 Michigan

22 Colorado

23 Louisville

24 Georgia Tech

25 Northwestern

Edited by theeohiostate

Texas Tech isn't getting any love either.  There are three teams ahead of them that have 2 losses, and their only loss was to the #2 team in the Nation.

1129080[/snapback]

Perhaps that will teach them to not schedule games like:

Florida International

Sam Houston St

Indiana St

Texas A&M ....oops I mean..

Signed,

A bitter Aggie.

I would love to see OSU vs Notre Dame or Miami...I think we will end up with LSU or Alabama in a non bcs game.

1128533[/snapback]

I would love to see OSU vs Notre Dame or Miami...I think we will end up with LSU or Alabama in a non bcs game.

ditto.

• 2 weeks later...
F'ing idiots in the AP  :D

They have 3 SEC teams ranked in the top 10 , yet give a one loss team (Miami) the nod over the only undefeated team in the SEC.   Once again the SEC is getting no love...........when will they learn, this has been 1 of the top 2 strongest conferences over the last four years.

:D  Get real

AP Poll

1 Southern California

2 Texas

3 Miami (Fla.)

4 Alabama

5 LSU

6 Penn State

7 Notre Dame

8 Virginia Tech

9 Georgia

10 Ohio State

11 Oregon

12 Florida

13 Texas Tech

14 UCLA

15 Auburn

16 West Virginia

17 Florida State

18 TCU

19 Wisconsin

20 Fresno State

21 Michigan

22 Colorado

23 Louisville

24 Georgia Tech

25 Northwestern

1128428[/snapback]

How about Notre Dame being ranked #7 with that weak schedule and 2 losses! What a joke!! :D

:D:D

Edited by theprofessor

They barely beat the 7th place PAC-10 team? Do they still have the Poulan Josh Gordon Wacker Bowl?

1177801[/snapback]

My name is theprofessor and I'm so smart I reply to my own posts.

I conveniently forget, and even lie about, how weak the Pac10 is defensively when I talk about how great the Pac10 is nationally.

I'll keep making fun of ND's schedule even though if you asked ANYONE in the preseason if they thought @Mich, USC, Tenn, MichSt, @Pitt would have been hard they wpuld have said Yes.

As it is, ND lost to one team that's had their number for the past 5 years in MSt, lost to the #1 team in the nation and beat everyone else on their sked in a manner befitting a top team in the country.

Are you theprofessor from Gilligan's Island with the cocunut way back machine?

I'm sorry... I thought a loss was a loss? You lost to Michigan State AT HOME. And sorry, but whether you lose to USC by 1 point, or 30 points... it's a loss. Ask Fresno State. Notre Dame is gonna get in on their name alone... as I said before... there name will get them there, but all it gets them in teh bowl game is humiliation by Penn State or Ohio State... take your pick.

I'm sorry... I thought a loss was a loss? You lost to Michigan State AT HOME. And sorry, but whether you lose to USC by 1 point, or 30 points... it's a loss. Ask Fresno State. Notre Dame is gonna get in on their name alone... as I said before... there name will get them there, but all it gets them in teh bowl game is humiliation by Penn State or Ohio State... take your pick.

1180962[/snapback]

When was I saying otherwise? I read the papers, and ND is 9-2.

It remains to be seen about the bowl game, but they'll not get 'mopped up' by anybody. They are a good, solid team and you guys can hate on them all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that even though you might not be impressed with them, they still won 9 games and a win is still a win, right?

When was I saying otherwise? I read the papers, and ND is 9-2.

It remains to be seen about the bowl game, but they'll not get 'mopped up' by anybody. They are a good, solid team and you guys can hate on them all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that even though you might not be impressed with them, they still won 9 games and a win is still a win, right?

1181083[/snapback]

Auburn would beat Notre Dame by three touchdowns minimum....

1181092[/snapback]

Don't know about that, but I do think Auburn is the best SEC team right now. What are the chances they'll get hosed out of the 2 at-large BCS spots, along with 1-loss Oregon? I think the chances are high, unfortunately; the 2-loss teams ND, Ohio St and Miami all seem to have the BCS on their nutsacks. Luckily one of them gets to lose out also - probably Miami...

Oregon will have to be happy with the Holiday Bowl, but where does Auburn go - Cotton?

1181092[/snapback]

Whatever, you can spew all you want, but when Auburn's D gives up 14pts/game but is weak vs the pass (they're behind SouthCarolina and Mississippi in the SEC) and their O scores 34pts/game.

It doesn't compare favorably to ND's O that scores 38pts/game and their D that allows 23pts/game but is stronger against the run, which is Auburn's strength, not their passing game which is ND's defensive weakness - average secondary. Also, ND drops so many points on their opponents they have the other team passing against them so much.

I say ND would beat them by 20 at home, and 14 at Auburn. Just because I can. :D:D Quinn would have a field day down there and Samardjia would go for the bank.

My name is theprofessor and I'm so smart I reply to my own posts.

I conveniently forget, and even lie about, how weak the Pac10 is defensively when I talk about how great the Pac10 is nationally.

I'll keep making fun of ND's schedule even though if you asked ANYONE in the preseason if they thought @Mich, USC, Tenn, MichSt, @Pitt would have been hard they wpuld have said Yes.

As it is, ND lost to one team that's had their number for the past 5 years in MSt, lost to the #1 team in the nation and beat everyone else on their sked in a manner befitting a top team in the country.

Are you theprofessor from Gilligan's Island with the cocunut way back machine?

1180604[/snapback]

Obviously with your logic I am YOUR professor! :D

ND is and always has been ..... over .... rated!! :D