[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just looking for some feedback.

irish

i'm looking for some obvious picks for a pool i'm in this upcoming week. i don't know a whole lot about college ball, so i'd appreciate any help you're willing to offer. i need 4 total picks including 1 best bet (surefire winner)-these are the 5 games i like (my picks in caps)- UCONN getting 10 pts from pitt, TULSA giving 9.5 to e. carolina, IOWA ST. getting 2 from colorado, HAWAII giving 17 to utah st. and (possibly my best bet) W. MICH only giving 3 to c. mich.

i am willing to change any and all of my picks, obviously.

one thing i can't use any teams that play before friday night at 7.

thanks for the help.

Edited by irish

i guess i should add i can't use any teams that play before friday at 7:00. so fresno st. is out.

Why can't you pick Texas to beat the spread vs. whatever patsy they play against? All the others you list are sucker bets, since none of those teams are dominant enough to warrant large spreads. I would advise you to stay away if possible...

Edited by Coffeeman

Why can't you pick Texas to beat the spread vs. whatever patsy they play against?  All the others you list are sucker bets, since none of those teams are dominant enough to warrant large spreads.  I would advise you to stay away if possible...

1138952[/snapback]

Yea you might want to look at UT, they are 8-1 against the spread this year. :D

Certainly want to stay away from USC, as they are only 4-5 against the spread this year. :D

If it were me, I would look at Alabama. Undefeated Alabama is +3 at home, in a conference were they do not score very many points. :D

thanks for the advice whose UT-utah

you guys think texas will beat kansas by more than 34 pts.

any other pick suggestions?

Edited by irish

thanks for the advice whose UT-utah

you guys think texas will beat kansas by more than 34 pts.

any other pick suggestions?

1139058[/snapback]

UT = University of Texas

Kansas has the fifth ranked defense in the country (based on total yards allowed), and Mack does not have a history of running up the score. However, if the Texas defense can post a shutout, Texas will score more than 34 points.

i think it sounds like a close call are there any other sure winners out there this weekend in college football against the spread?

i think it sounds like a close call are there any other sure winners out there this weekend in college football against the spread?

1139105[/snapback]

If there was such a thing as a sure winner, we would all quit our jobs (those of us that actually do work), and move to Vegas.

Closest thing I ever saw to a sure winner was in the 80s when Nebraska was a 10 or more point favorite (I think it was 14) over Miami in the Orange Bowl. Nebraska had an offenense that just pounded people with the running game. However, they had yet to come close to playing a defense that had the talent and speed that Miami put on the field. Miami won the game out right (was that the first of their National Championships?). Any I won $500 on that game, which was one hell of a lot of money for me then (hell still is! LOL).

very good points. i realize it's tough to pick sure winners but since i don't have much of a clue i figured i'd ask for help. i need 4 picks. what do you think?