[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alabama FALLS!

theeohiostate

sad fact is... this is precisely why a playoff is needed in college football. You have all of these great SEC teams beating up on each other, while Texas and USC can coast through their chump schedules and win only 1 really tough game, and then play each other for a national championship?

1146659[/snapback]

I think Texas fans felt that way a few years ago, when the Big 12 was a stronger conference.

sad fact is... this is precisely why a playoff is needed in college football. You have all of these great SEC teams beating up on each other, while Texas and USC can coast through their chump schedules and win only 1 really tough game, and then play each other for a national championship?

1146659[/snapback]

This 'chump schedule' you refer to for USC, surely you don't mean teams like VaTech, Auburn, Fresno State, and the annual tilt with ND, do you? All have been on the schedule within the last 3 years, and the Pac10 is no cakewalk most years with teams like Cal and now the revived Bruins.

And then I suppose is doesn't matter that USC then goes and destroys (i.e. no contest) teams like Iowa, Michigan and the Sooners in the BCS bowls? And its not our fault we haven't gotten to play other SEC or ACC teams (besides the 23-0 thumping of Auburn.) We got jipped out of playing LSU in the NC game when the BCS put in an inferior OU team 2 years ago. that would've been fun, but water under the bridge...

Stop hatin' and talk about how weak USC is when they actually lose. It could happen vs. Texas, BTW, since I have much respect for VY and those boys...

A chump schedule is a chump schedule. USC is the best team in the country until proven otherwise, I think if you look at my previous posts for the past 2 years, you'd know that. I also was referencing this year and last year as chump schedules for USC, which they were. Last year you had Cal and no one else. This year you have Notre Dame and no one else. Texas has Ohio State, and no one else. It is what it is, and no, I don't think it's USC's fault. I'm merely pointing out that the BCS punishes tough conferences because only 2 teams play for it all, when a playoff is the only true way. Whose to say a LSU Tiger team couldnt blitz through a playoff and win it all? Or even a Miami team, who hasn't lost a game since opening weekend. I understand that you can only play the teams on your schedule, I'm just pointing out how unjust the system is when teams get punished for having to play top notch competition week in and week out, and not just a game here... then 3 cupcakes, then another tough game, or in Texas' case, tough game, then 11 cupcakes.

Well, that just sux a big one!

Now the dumbarse idiots running the BCS look good  :D

1143678[/snapback]

The regular season is not over yet, wait until USC or Texas lose then the controversy will be back.

Big 12 had a nice Bowl season. They won 2 games they were supposed too (colorado over UTEP and Iowa State over Miami (OH), 1 game they werent (tech over Cal) and 1 toss up game (Texas over Michigan). However, the 3 losses to me overshadowed a lot. 3 embarassing defeats, especially when you consider how hyped up the Big 12 was supposed to be last year. Oklahoma State got murdered by Ohio State, Texas A & M didn't deserve to share the same field as Tennessee, and do we really need to remind everyone what happened to the Big 12's pride and joy in that Orange Bowl game. A National championship game it was not, a joke is what it was.