[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wisconsin Beer Lovers

AtomicCEO

I was doing a job at a liquor store in Thornton, CO the other day, and on the way out I picked up an 8-pack sampler from Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee.

Most of the beers are pretty good. The coffee stout, the organic ESB, the all-malt amber... yummy.

Now, ordinarily... I hate fruit beers. I hate lambics. I hate any fruit in my beer. Beer is beer, and keep your fruity flavors out.

But... lordy lordy... their seasonal pumpkin lager was so friggin good. Wow. Wowzy. So good. Like... wow. I want more.

Get some. Drink it. Yummy.

I'd be surprised if Lakefront is in Detroit, but then again, I'm pretty surprised it's in Denver.

Lakefront makes good stuff. My family in Upper Michigan never believed me when I told them about pumpkin beer....and Lakefront's is ESPECIALLY good IMO. Usually you get a little tired of the taste after about 6-8 of them, though.

I sent them an email.  I want them to ship some to me.  We'll see how tired I get of it.

1156796[/snapback]

If you have a problem with them, let me know. I'm sure I can get my mitts on some for ya.

I've only had Lakefront a handful of times but enojyed it when I did. If you have a chance, Capital Brewery in Middleton, WI makes some great beers. The Maibock and Special Pilsner are my two favorites.

As you may know, probably the most famous Wisconsin semi micro-brew is Spotted Cow from New Glarus. It's a light ale that's somewhat fruity but not too sweet. A buddy of mine was telling me last night that it is getting so popular that the brewery has to expand specifically to make more Spotted Cow.

I've only had Lakefront a handful of times but enojyed it when I did.  If you have a chance, Capital Brewery in Middleton, WI makes some great beers.  The Maibock and Special Pilsner are my two favorites.

1158113[/snapback]

I was amazed the last time I went home how much development has sprung up around the brewery specifically and the west side in general. :D

I was amazed the last time I went home how much development has sprung up around the brewery specifically and the west side in general.  :D

1158183[/snapback]

It's crazy - I live downtown now but grew up in Verona. It seems like everything between University Ave and Mineral Point is filled in. It's like visiting a different city.

I was doing a job at a liquor store in Thornton, CO the other day, and on the way out I picked up an 8-pack sampler from Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee.

Most of the beers are pretty good.  The coffee stout, the organic ESB, the all-malt amber... yummy.

Now, ordinarily... I hate fruit beers.  I hate lambics.  I hate any fruit in my beer.  Beer is beer, and keep your fruity flavors out.

But... lordy lordy... their seasonal pumpkin lager was so friggin good.  Wow.  Wowzy.  So good.  Like... wow.  I want more.

Get some.  Drink it.  Yummy.

1156599[/snapback]

gay

I brew my own beer.  It is the best beer ever created.  Not only is it delicious, but it has a special chemical - which does not hurt humans - which allows it to stay cold no matter how long it's been sitting.  It comes in 1,484,986 flavors.  Budweiser's going DOWN I tell you.

1156807[/snapback]

Listen to the man. Tedy Bruschi INVENTED beer, which makes him (you) master of all life.

ooh ooh ooh, I want to try the Pumpkin Beer!

seriously

1158339[/snapback]

Hmmm, I'd offer a side bet on the GB/Minny game for a six-pack, but I can't think of anything I'd want from your crappy state; lutefisk just doesn't do it for me. :D

(actually, you may want to check in at your local liquor store, they might have Lakefront, if not drop me a pm)

For a fruit beer, the New Glarus Raspberry Tart is interesting. A very good "date beer."

My favorite beer that I've had in the last year is not available retail. It was the Great Dane's (Madison) Cascade Porter, a well-hopped porter. Very crisp, but the the porter body and dark flavors (coffee, slight chocolate). Does anyone have any other recommendations for a well-hopped porter?

Hmmm, I'd offer a side bet on the GB/Minny game for a six-pack, but I can't think of anything I'd want from your crappy state; lutefisk just doesn't do it for me.  :D

(actually, you may want to check in at your local liquor store, they might have Lakefront, if not drop me a pm)

1160315[/snapback]

Havent seen it, have you had Summit? Thats our local beer that rocks...

ps - I'd bet on the game but I really want to try the beer... :D

Edited by alexgaddis

My favorite beer that I've had in the last year is not available retail.  It was the Great Dane's (Madison) Cascade Porter, a well-hopped porter.  Very crisp, but the the porter body and dark flavors (coffee, slight chocolate).  Does anyone have any other recommendations for a well-hopped porter?

1160461[/snapback]

Great Dane's Scottish Ale is pretty darn good too.

Can't help you on a well-hopped porter because I don't really gravitate towards porters OR hoppy beers.

Call me old-fashioned, but I could never drink anything called a "fruit" beer.  Back in the old days "fruit" meant something else.....not that there's anything wrong with that... :D

1175770[/snapback]

Kind of what I was thinking. Fruit has no business in beer. Fruit in a bottle is called "wine".