[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheez-it Burgers

DMD

Just to reprise the only culinary invention I have ever had, I highly suggest the next time you grill burgers to take a very thin patty and cover the top of it with a layer of cheez-its, then apply a second patty on top of that and smoosh the edges so that no cheez-its show. After grilling, you get a cheeseburger effect without the messiness of cheese and the cracker absorbs the juice making the burger even juicier.

Mmmmm.... Cheez-it burgers. :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to reprise the only culinary invention I have ever had, I highly suggest the next time you grill burgers to take a very thin patty and cover the top of it with a layer of cheez-its, then apply a second patty on top of that and smoosh the edges so that no cheez-its show. After grilling, you get a cheeseburger effect without the messiness of cheese and the cracker absorbs the juice making the burger even juicier.

Mmmmm.... Cheez-it burgers.  :D

1158726[/snapback]

sir, i salute you.

:D

that brought tears to my eyes.

I screwed this one up one time. After reading DMD's idea a while back I tried grilling burgers by crumbling up the cheez-its and mixing the debris together with the beef while I made the patties. Cooked weird, but tasted alright I guess. Maybe I'll revisit this one and do it right this time!

1158726[/snapback]

I follow directions and they are Grrrrreat!(oh wait thats what you say about Frosted Flakes)

I screwed this one up one time.  After reading DMD's idea a while back I tried grilling burgers by crumbling up the cheez-its and mixing the debris together with the beef while I made the patties.  Cooked weird, but tasted alright I guess.  Maybe I'll revisit this one and do it right this time!

1158851[/snapback]

I actually tried that once and learned that you cannot have any cheez-it exposed to flame because they do not cook like beef, they just give you little nuggets of cheez-it charcoal over the entire burger. As much as a burned cheez-it sounds appealing, it really is not.

I actually tried that once and learned that you cannot have any cheez-it exposed to flame because they do not cook like beef, they just give you little nuggets of cheez-it charcoal over the entire burger.  As much as a burned cheez-it sounds appealing, it really is not.

1159437[/snapback]

Ahhhhh... young jedi ... your plan is good, but your focus is misplaced. Think of meatloaf, not hamburger. Grind the cheez-its (or goldfish crackers) to fineness and use instead of breadcrumbs in the meatloaf prep. It is one of the secret ingredients in "mystery meat" at the Jelly household ... :D

1158726[/snapback]

I will try these only to show I am unafraid. But the thought process that must of went into creating them scares me. A lot.

1158726[/snapback]

:D

• 5 months later...