[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheez-it Burgers

DMD

Well, with the encouragement of my son, I've gotten the courage up to grill 'em up tonight.

I guess I'll have try to find a DMD or Jeff Foxworthy hat or somthin'

Neither of us were impressed. I might try it again - this time used burger the wife bought. Ground Sirloin 90/10. For cooking burgers ya need a bit more fat in that ratio, imo.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither of us were impressed. I might try it again - this time used burger the wife bought. Ground Sirloin 90/10. For cooking burgers ya need a bit more fat in that ratio, imo.

I totally agree. You can try and be healthy but 80/20 makes the best burgers. I was working with 86/14 over the weekend and that's about as lean as I can go and still have the right texture and taste. The stores around here are getting all California on me and it's becoming hard to find 80/20. I'm just going to have to start making weekly trips to the butchers (1 hour each way :wacko:).

You need to write out the recipe. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that one.

Nice hearty bun toasted, liberal amounts creamy peanut butter of choice on both sides. 1/3 lb handformed 85/15 or 80/20 ground beef patty. seasoned and grilled to taste, cheese(I like sharp cheddar with this one for some reason)

just before you are about to melt the cheese on the burger, put 3 to 4 pcs. of cooked bacon on burger, top with cheese(gouda is also rockin'), put on bun and fall in love.

other adds that go with this are avocado and/or dill pickle slices

Beer to go with it? any amber ale goes well