[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When does Reggie Bush get drafted

bushwacked

Depends on who's at the top - both SF and Hou could use a playmaker, but both of those teams have bigger needs elsewhere.

I'm sure someone will fall in love with him and trade up to get him.

Personally, and this is no slam on Reggie Bush, but you could have 4 or 5 VERY good backs coming out; he could be the next Thurman Thomas, but he's never really had to be "the man" - he gets his 15ish touches per week but LenDale White takes care of the dirty work at SC.

Didn't Matt Jones from Arkansas go around 20 or so.....?  Just saying....

1161561[/snapback]

Jags drafted Matt Jones WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too high. He may (and looks like he will) pan out but he could have probably been gotten later.

If Caddy and Ronnie Brown went top 5 last year.This kid should go Number 1.IMO he is going to be an LT type of gamebreaker.I really want to see him in Green Bay next year.

1161619[/snapback]

Green Bay isn't going to finish high enough to draft him; I been saying all season, it wouldn't suck to get LenDale White as a "consolation prize."

As long as he doesn't screw up at the combine, he'll be a top 10 pick. There are a lot of teams next year that need a game changing (and IMO franchise changing back, i was saying that 2 years ago). He does everything needed to be a quality NFL back. Speed, Power (yes I said power), and a great ability to catch out of the backfield. People question whether or not he can be an every down back in the NFL. We shall see about that, there are plenty of teams willing to take that chance. Green Bay is one. Minnesota is another one.

You might think, but NFL scouts judge on slightly different criteria.

His size is decent but less than ideal; he DOES have game changing speed and moves; and as Brian said, he's never had to actually carry the full load. Of course, by the same token, he's never been injured.

Every year RBs and QBs get hyped as high picks, but there are all sorts of prospects out there we don't see or hear about, especially the OL guys. Add in the fact that you could have Lawrence Maroney, LenDale White, DeAngelo Williams, and Brian Calhoun in the RB class and Bush's stock relative to a position with less depth slides slightly.

He's a little bit better than Chris Perry. He doesn't have the power to be an every down back. I see him as being an excellent 3rd down back, but question if he can carry the load by himself in the backfield. I see him going somewhere between the 20th and 25th pick.

There are very few teams that really need a RB right now. I can't see anyone taking a chance on a less than complete back very early.

I think if he can continue to bulk up a bit more and learn to avoid contact better he can be an every down back - like Barry Sanders. If he only came in on 3rd downs, his value as a decoy goes down - remember the Orange Bowl vs. Sooners?? The reason the WRs and TEs were so open was that everyone was so concerned about tracking #5 - he didn't have a big game, but USC sure did.

They'd be trying to force it to him all the time on 3rd...

I don't care if he doesn't usually have more than 20 carries a game. How can you deny that potential? No GM could pass it up, unless they're looking for Leinart.

1170831[/snapback]

Like I said, it's a concern; major or minor depends on the GM. I guess the two schools of thought would be "well, he's not beat down, has never had a major injury (or a nagging minor one), and has enough size at 200 lbs were I'm not even worried" and "great ability BUT has never proven to be a true workhorse, 200 lbs is 15-20 lbs below ideal";

IMO, it shouldn't be an issue with a creative enough coaching staff - look at Barber, Westbrook and Dunn. A team looking for a between-the-tackles pounder might not grade him as highly as a WC team or a team that has their hammer and is looking for a change-of-pace guy.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I keep hearing about the worst record in the NFL and the Reggie Bush sweepstakes. Is the media just hyping this up are do some of you guys still seriously think this guy is going anwhere from mid to late first round?

The reason why I keep bringing this up is because im not a HUGH college football fan but have been watching more in the past few years. IMO the strength of running back is overated. Durability seems like it is a more important factor.

Edited by bushwacked

So, I keep hearing about the worst record in the NFL and the Reggie Bush sweepstakes.  Is the media just hyping this up are do some of you guys still seriously think this guy is going anwhere from mid to late first round?

The reason why I keep bringing this up is because im not a HUGH college football fan but have been watching more in the past few years.  IMO the strength of running back is overated.  Durability seems like it is a more important factor.

1188704[/snapback]

"I am thinking around 14-20ish."

How many real run defenses has he faced? There is no doubt the kid is fast and has great vision, but it is really hard to judge him based on the compitetion he has faced, add that into the fact that he has never really carried the load, I can't see someone taking a chance on him at #1.

How many REAL defenses did say... Marshall Faulk play out there in the WAC, or how many did LT have to face down at TCU?

I stand by my previous statement... unless he botches his combine... the kid is going top 5.

The only knock on him, is that he isn't a workhorse. Well in the NFL, #1, you don't need to be a workhorse to be great, and #2 he doesnt need to be a workhorse now.

This is all going to benefit him. Unless he gets seriously hurt int he Rose Bowl, he will be coming into the NFL with no major injury to speak of, and unbelievable GAME CHANGING talent. He's a bonafied Top 5 pick. BET ON IT.