[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best College Game You've Ever Seen

Chavez

Live - I was IN the "Madison Stampede" when UW beat Michigan for arguably the biggest win in about 40 years for the program in '93.

On TV - had to be the '91 BYU/San Diego St matchup - not an NFL game, but a 52-52 tie featuring a team coming back from a 28-7 deficit, Ty Detmer tossing for 500+ yds, SDSU QB Todd Santos chucking it for well over 400 and Marshall Faulk going off for 100 yds rushing AND receiving is so d*mn fun to watch it should be illegal.

On TV, the best game for me was Ohio State's victory against Miami for the National Championship. Although the USC vs ND game has gotta' be up there; except ND lost. About 15 or so years ago my wife and I went to the "shoe" in Columbus. The Buckeyes were playing Indiana (I believe), and were down 28 - 3 at half time. The Buckeyes came back and won it, sparked by a 70 yard scamper by Keith Byars, who lost one of his shoes in the backfield. He still outran everyone.

What about the PSU/Miami Orange Bowl in '82, when Vinney and the highly-touted Canes lost the National Championship to the Lions.  Vinney threw five picks, the last one to Pete Giftopolis in the end zone to seal it for PSU.  I still remember that game vividly.

1161945[/snapback]

That was actually the 86' season and 87' Fiesta Bowl, and yes, it wsa nice to see JoePa and the Nittany Lions, own those thugs from Miami.

That was actually the 86' season and 87' Fiesta Bowl, and yes, it wsa nice to see JoePa and the Nittany Lions, own those thugs from Miami.

1163418[/snapback]

Thanks for the correction.

Yes, that was a great game.

The 82 game against Hershel Walker and the Bulldogs wasn't bad, either.

My personal favorite as a homer is Iowa-Michigan in 1990. For a fulfilling woodshed beating, Iowa-Texas in the 84' Freedom Bowl, and Iowa-Texas Tech in the 96' Alamo Bowl shutting down mister 2000 yard Byron Hansbard, and more importantly shutting up the worst group of fans I've ever encountered. 87' West Regional NCAA tournament when Iowa faced Oklahoma, Oklahoma had some pretty obnoxious fans too, but Texas Tech fans take the cake, I dunno how Texas or Texas A & M fans feel about that, but my two experiences with them in 2 Alamo Bowl games was terrible.

On TV, the best game for me was Ohio State's victory against Miami for the National Championship. Although the USC vs ND game has gotta' be up there; except ND lost. About 15 or so years ago my wife and I went to the "shoe" in Columbus. The Buckeyes were playing Indiana (I believe), and were down 28 - 3 at half time. The Buckeyes came back and won it, sparked by a 70 yard scamper by Keith Byars, who lost one of his shoes in the backfield. He still outran everyone.

1161603[/snapback]

That was against Illinois.

Best game I ever went to in person, was Iowa-Michigan in 2003, getting down 14-0, and then coming back, and dominating Navarre and the boys in the 2nd half, and ultimately winning the game, despite many injuries. I just remember looking through teh program trying to figure out who half of the Iowa players were, making plays. Our top two receivers were out (Maurice Brown, and Ed Hinkel, our 2nd string rb (Jermelle Lewis) was still out. Our All American Safety (Bob Sanders) was just recovering from a foot injury that almost kept him out the entire year, and yet still somehow managed to win a game we probably should have lost (although in the 2nd half, Michigan had 2 first downs total). Just a great solid college football game.