[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One Man, 513 yards

Coffeeman

USC looks vulnerable again; their D may end up costing them the national title.

But I think this game may have sewn up the Heisman for Bush; of course, Young could go off in the Big 12 title game and make a statement for himself as well; looks to be down to a 2-horse race, IMO.

Bush is incredible. He single-handedly won the game for USC last night. Not only is he the heisman winner, he should be #1 in the NFL draft next year.

I agree that USC's defense will cost them the National Championship this year. No way will they beat Texas, IMO.

And what offense has Texas even faced this year. It could be a shootout, in which USC would win, or it could be USC just playing a bad game. Once again, Carroll with almost 2 months to prepare vs Mack Brown... see 2005 Orange Bowl.

1161896[/snapback]

USC better be worried about UCLA next week before looking ahead.

I just think the Texas is the better overall team. That's all. I also think that Penn State and Ohio State would beat USC as well. They have great defenses, and PSU has a good offense. We'll never see it this year, but USC would have their work cut out for them. Heck OSU should have beaten Texas in week 2 or 3. The Big Ten is brutal, and IMO, if PSU made the title game, they would win. Since we'll probably never see it, I'd say:

Texas 42

USC 27

or it could be USC just playing a bad game.

1161896[/snapback]

UT's defense has played whatever offense was on the schedule. The issue is that they have dominated every offense that they have played except for Ok State for one half, and OSU. You can argue that they did a pretty good job against OSU, considering that OSU scored on only one drive that began on their side of the field. OSU had FOUR drives that started on UT's side of the field (18,36,30,36) and all four of these drives resulted in FG. That is a defense pulling an offense's nuts out of the fire.

I will say it right now, and I will not change my story. If USE beats Texas, it is because they are a better team.

But it is not going to happen. UT is the most complete team in Football, period. UT beats USC

UT's defense has played whatever offense was on the schedule.  The issue is that they have dominated every offense that they have played except for Ok State for one half, and OSU.  You can argue that they did a pretty good job against OSU, considering that OSU scored on only one drive that began on their side of the field.  OSU had FOUR drives that started on UT's side of the field (18,36,30,36) and all four of these drives resulted in FG.  That is a defense pulling an offense's nuts out of the fire.

I will say it right now, and I will not change my story.  If USE beats Texas, it is because they are a better team.

But it is not going to happen.  UT is the most complete team in Football, period.  UT beats USC

1161989[/snapback]

Seems your comparing the OSU offense to USC's....?? :D

OSU stubbed it toes against Texas, but it wasn't due to Texas D, it was an OSU offense that was struggling to say the least. They are improved but still only the 4th or 5th best offense in the Big 10.

USC has an unstoppable offense, the best in the country. Texas D has looked good against very average offenses but to think they could hold the fort against USC is a dream. USC will put up minimum of 37 against them.

Wow what an athlete...and USC again comes from behind to win, thanks to Bush. MVP honors and the best player in college football. Taking away nothing from VY, but Reggie is just an all around player, he can return punts, kickoffs, run, receive and could probably play QB if needed.

I just hope that when he is drafted he is drafted as a RB and that the organization which drafts him keeps him at a RB and let him redefine the RB position in the NFL. He will be like a LT but quicker and faster. Looking forward to watching him the rest of the year and the big bowl game. Go Reggie, Go USC and Go Pack-10!!!

Go Ducks. Dang what a year they have had as well!! Hope they get a good Bowl game with a tough opponent. :D

Seems your comparing the OSU offense to USC's....?? :D

OSU stubbed it toes against Texas, but it wasn't due to Texas D, it was an OSU offense that was struggling to say the least. They are improved but still only the 4th or 5th best offense in the Big 10.

USC has an unstoppable offense, the best in the country. Texas D has looked good against very average offenses but to think they could hold the fort against USC is a dream. USC will put up minimum of 37 against them.

1162178[/snapback]

One quote for you my friend, TECH. You don't appear to have any affiliation with USC but by every post is seems that someone is hiding a diploma, a child at usc, or works for in some form or fashion. Texas is the best team in the country and I do agree that PSU and OSU could take USC also. Leinart has had some Pathetic numbers in these games where bush carries carries them on his back. You guys are probably right, because I now realize USC would have at least 2 losses without Reggie.

vs Fresno State 22/33 200 yards 1td

vs Cal 20/32 246 0td 1int

Reggie Bush will win the heisman (mostly to do with the fact that it comes before the national championship).

Texas will beat USC in the national championship (assuming USC gets past UCLA).

I can promise you that USC is scared of Texas, I would be more scared of the defense that Chizik is bringing. This is the man who was drooling at the chance to play USC last year with Auburn's D, and now he's most likely going to get his chance. He's going to be prepared for USC.

Texas 45

USC 27

sorry to get sidetracked here but everyone else was jumping in. :D

Leinart has had some Pathetic numbers in these games where bush carries carries them on his back. You guys are probably right, because I now realize USC would have at least 2 losses without Reggie.

vs Fresno State 22/33 200 yards 1td

vs Cal 20/32  246  0td 1int

I can promise you that USC is scared of Texas

1162639[/snapback]

How convenient to forget the 2 rushing TDs Matt had at Cal. As I recall, he had an important one vs. ND also that would not show up in the passing stats, besides the 69 yard pass to Jarrett on a critical 4th and 9. Would you also remove the rushing from VY's numbers? All Leinart and Bush (& LenDale White) do is win - they don't really care who is carrying the load, as long as it gets done. Although I will admit it appeared they were determined to get Bush back in the Heisman race last night. And he delivered.

And since we're making promises, I can promise you are dead wrong about USC being scared of TX - they aren't scared of anybody. Determined to prepare extremely well for a tough opponent maybe, scared - no. I would never say that TX is 'scared' of USC either. What are you smokin over there, chief?

I can promise the Rose will be a great game, assuming USC gets past UCLA. I'm just trying to get tickets...

500 yards from scrimage sounds alot like a VY game.

1162935[/snapback]

Any QB worth his salt should have 200 yds passing per game, and touches the ball on EVERY play, so Young has a bit of an ingrained advantage over Bush.

Oh, and Bush had 500 combined yds - includes KR and PR, not just yds from scrimmage.

How convenient to forget the 2 rushing TDs Matt had at Cal.  As I recall, he had an important one vs. ND also that would not show up in the passing stats, besides the 69 yard pass to Jarrett on a critical 4th and 9.  Would you also remove the rushing from VY's numbers?  All Leinart and Bush (& LenDale White) do is win - they don't really care who is carrying the load, as long as it gets done.  Although I will admit it appeared they were determined to get Bush back in the Heisman race last night.  And he delivered.

And since we're making promises, I can promise you are dead wrong about USC being scared of TX - they aren't scared of anybody.  Determined to prepare extremely well for a tough opponent maybe, scared - no.  I would never say that TX is 'scared' of USC either.  What are you smokin over there, chief?

I can promise the Rose will be a great game, assuming USC gets past UCLA.  I'm just trying to get tickets...

1163008[/snapback]

Yes I know I do have biased over here, but mainly I just think Bush will win the heisman no matter what vince does...if they picked after the rose bowl then VY would take it. I also think the game will be very close and if anyone is spanking anyone it will be UT. Good Luck on getting tickets man, i'm going to be trying myself...(I'm a senior at UT, so I shouldn't have a problem, but all the ####ing rich alumni and boosters eat up the tickets like no other when we do good)

Any QB worth his salt should have 200 yds passing per game, and touches the ball on EVERY play, so Young has a bit of an ingrained advantage over Bush.

Oh, and Bush had 500 combined yds - includes KR and PR, not just yds from scrimmage.

1163039[/snapback]

To me combined yard ie. KR and PR are much easier to come by that yards from scrimage. Hell on a KR you are almost guaranteed 20yds. ESPN still shows VY as the front runner by a good margin, which is as it should be.

To me combined yard ie. KR and PR are much easier to come by that yards from scrimage.  Hell on a KR you are almost guaranteed 20yds.  ESPN still shows VY as the front runner by a good margin, which is as it should be.

1164543[/snapback]

Too bad they can't both get one - they both deserve it as MVP on their respective nation-leading teams and are surely repsonsible for at least a couple wins themselves. And both would also surely say they'd rather get the team NC in Pasadena. We'll see who gets what in a few weeks. Can't wait...

Too bad they can't both get one - they both deserve it as MVP on their respective nation-leading teams and are surely repsonsible for at least a couple wins themselves.  And both would also surely say they'd rather get the team NC in Pasadena.  We'll see who gets what in a few weeks.  Can't wait...

1165626[/snapback]

Too true, I couldn't agree more, thought the petty little boy in me still wants to see my guy get both.

Texas 45

USC 27

sorry to get sidetracked here but everyone else was jumping in. :D

1162639[/snapback]

:D

If my Bucks can put up 22 on your D , what is gods name makes you think that USC won't at least double it, man?

I think you got the score right, but you incorrectly entered the team that will be getting the said score. :D

:D

If my Bucks can put up 22 on your D , what is gods name makes you think that USC won't at least double it, man?

I think you got the score right, but you incorrectly entered the team that will be getting the said score. :D

1165947[/snapback]

In all fairness, your Bucks didn't put up 22 on the Texas D, they put it up on an early season mis-firing offense that turned the ball over and gave you some easy field goals. How many points did your Bucks actually score when the ball wasn't turned over on the Texas side of the 50? The Texas O is doing a much better job of protecting the ball, and both of the Texas RB's are healthy now, so the Texas O is moving the ball much better.