[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Egg nog / alcohol

whomper

Easy, drunk eggnog

1 1/2 cups eggnog

2 shots Goldschlager

2 shots peppermint schnapps

Add them together and drink.

I just saw your sigline. :D

Sorry about Emmitt.

1164130[/snapback]

Thanks Twiley..For the drink and thoughts.

Ingredients:

12 eggs

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 qt half and half (or whole milk)

1 qt liquor (I use less--usually dark rum. use what you like)

1 qt whipping cream

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (more or less to taste, but a little nutmeg goes a long way)

Separate egg yolks from whites. In a large bowl, mix yolks with sugar until pale and thick ribbons form when dropped from beaters. Add 1/2 and 1/2, liquor, nutmeg and combine well. Chill overnight.

Place beaters and large mixing bowl in refrigerator or freezer. When chilled, add whipping cream and whip until soft peaks form. Set aside. Using a clean bowl and beaters, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add whipped cream and egg whites to egg mixture and fold until well incorporated. Sprinkle individual servings wit nutmeg.

NOTES: Egg nog can be stored in pictures and refrigerated until use. Since the cream will rise to the top, be sure to stir gently but thoroughly before serving.

My mom used to make a very simple but delicious eggnog. This is for a serving of two, so increase as needed. 2 eggs, 1.5 cup whole milk, 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste) and an eigth to a quarter teaspoon of vanilla extract (also to taste) well beaten, a blender is best. When spiking, I also go dark rum. Some nutmeg sprinkled on top is good. BTW, it's also a good idea to wash eggs, especially when they will be consumed raw, before using in a recipe. Just wash them with a little dish soap and cold water first. Most poultry related illnesses are from manure contamination when yer talking about eggs.