[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My take on queso

Big Country

So, I make a queso dip.... in fact, it became so popular with my wife's family that I was always being asked ot make it whenever there would be a get together that I actually retired it and said Iwould only bring anything but the queso dip.

Well, I unretired it for the Superbowl and then again this past Sunday.

It is very simple, but for some reason it is well liked.

Take a pack of cream cheese. Cut it up into smaller sections, maybe halt to three quarter inch cubes. Place into a pot that has been under medium to medium high heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until the cream cheese is soft. Then add two cans of your favorite chili per each package of cream cheese. I have found Hormel Low Sodium with beans is good.. I used the Turkey Chili yesterday as the store was sold out of reduced fat cream cheese (still trying to make it work within my Huddle Weight Loss plans). Then, add salsa to desired heat taste. I personally like to add Pace Thick and Chunky, medium heat.. I would use Hot, but alas the majority of my eaters don't like it very spicy.

Once you have stirred all the ingredients together, keep heating until it is hot throughout, stirring occassionally, then place into a dip bowl and enjoy with Fritos or Tortilla chips... heck, I've even wrapped some in a tortilla like a burrito.

Like I said, very simple but very tasty.

My wife's gringo queso:

Cook up some Jimmy Dean original ground sausage cook that, throw it in with like a pound of cubed Velveeta, a couple of cans of rotel and some 2% milk and melt it.

1167205[/snapback]

good stuff.......we use italian sausauge in this recipe to give it a little kick

I make a version with a package of cream cheese, 2 cans beanless Hormel chili and an 8 oz package of shredded mild cheddar. Hot sauce to taste and serve piping hot!

1166696[/snapback]

I've had something pretty close to this - good stuff. I prefer a stronger cheese.

My wife's gringo queso:

Cook up some Jimmy Dean original ground sausage cook that, throw it in with like a pound of cubed Velveeta, a couple of cans of rotel and some 2% milk and melt it.

1167205[/snapback]

that be the cornelious gringo recipe exept veni hamburger instead of the jimmy dean ... i also add some chopped jalapanos for some kick when its just for me :D