[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dogfish Head IPA's

joeyb7

If anyone here hasn't had the Dogfish Head 60 & 90 minute IPA's, you have to give them a shot.  The pumpkin ale is great too.  I'm not sure of the availability all over the country, but you can certainly get it in the northeast from Delaware up to Maine.  :D

1175383[/snapback]

Dogfish Head puts out some nice ales. I don't like the pumpkin ale but my wife does. I would kill to get some more Immort Ale from Dogfish but I haven't been able to find it in CT, MA, or FL. I've been told it won't be available again until the spring. If it is, I'm buying a case.

Good stuff.... if you can find it, one of their 60 minute IPA's served through a Randall is really kick hiney good. A Randall is something like a hop back, but used in the dispensing line. It's actually a modified water filter, filled with hops. It is in the dispensing line between the keg and the tap. It delivers a superb hop aroma. The Blind Tiger in Manhattan uses one on occassion. I actually purchased one from the brewery for use with my homebrewed IPA's. It works best with IPA's that are large and malty, like the 60 or 90 minute IPA's, and is best with the cascade family of hops, which the Dogfish head IPA's use. The English hops tend to add a somewhat grassy aroma. The Cascades (and amarillos and the like) work best. Most run of the mill IPA's can't stand up to the over the top hoppiness of a Randall, but these are awsome with one.

i tried the 120 minute once and it was just too over-the-top to really enjoy, IMO.

1177490[/snapback]

That is the truth...I thought you could never out hop and out body a beer...you can.

One of the few heavy hoppy beers I drank down with a grimace.