[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mushroom Alternatives

Big Country

So you like mushrooms all by themself with no accents? Earthiness aside you want them to take on and blend with he rest don't you? You take a mushroom piece out of your risotto and you won't taste the leeks and garlic? And don't most mushroom based sauces, soups etc. include the button type just for that reason along with other types?. Not to mention availability and price restrictions aside. True the shroom adds so much to any dish, but it is nothing I would eat standing by itself like say carrots, peppers, onions, celery, cabbage etc. I myself don't like any one taste to overcome the palate unless it's ........................................................................GARLIC :D  :D  :D

1185413[/snapback]

If you've ever had Chanterelles, Porcini, Black Trumpets, or any other wild mushroom simply sauteed with olive oil, salt, and pepper, I'm sure you'd agree. Mushrooms by themselves? Absolutely. Ultimately, my point is simply this, mushrooms, unlike tofu are not there to absorb flavor, but to add it.

As for Lobster Mushrooms, BTW, I believe it's a Chanterelle that's been attacked by another fungus.

Edited by detlef