[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey, I have a thought

wiegie

While I understand the "progression" theme, I think it is less important if we are not talking about tastings in a single evening.

Therefore, I would like to propose that we alternate between white wines and red wines for our weekly (Tuesday night, 9:00 CT chatroom) tastings.

I just think I will go nuts if I have to wait more than a month to taste reds. (I just like reds a lot more than whites).

We can still do the progression thing, just in two tracks--one red and one white.

Thoughts?

edit: changed time from 9 et to 9 ct.....

Edited by Bier Meister

i am actually pretty flexible about this thing....

Advantages of split progression (whites then reds):

- really see the difference in textures and flavors of the whites, then reds

Disadvantages of split:

- boredom

- dislike of whites (hard to wait)

Advantages of staggered progression (1st white, 1st red, etc):

- introducing new flavors

- variety

Disadvantages:

- may forget characteristics of previous track (white or red).

i'll go with the flow, just think we'll get more out of going one then the other.......

Edited by Bier Meister

FWIW, I don't think you have much to worry about in terms of a logical progression of wines. The tasting, afterall, are a week apart so it's not as if you're really going to be able to compare the wines all that closely to the last tasting. I'd think the advantages of keeping everyone interested far outweigh the notion of some overall progression of the tastings.

Think about all the things, wine, beer, booze, food, etc. that you're going to have tasted in the 6 days between each tasting.

FWIW, I don't think you have much to worry about in terms of a logical progression of wines.  The tasting, afterall, are a week apart so it's not as if you're really going to be able to compare the wines all that closely to the last tasting.  I'd think the advantages of keeping everyone interested far outweigh the notion of some overall progression of the tastings.

Think about all the things, wine, beer, booze, food, etc. that you're going to have tasted in the 6 days between each tasting.

1181847[/snapback]

i disagree. a wine a drank a week ago is going to be a lot fresher in my memory than one i drank two weeks ago.

either way is fine, but i think we need to decide......

1183368[/snapback]

we can stick with the original plan since Az has strong feelings about it.

But, could we please not keep adding whites to the list. :D (I think that Pinot Grigio idea was a drunken mistake :oldrazz: )

we can stick with the original plan since Az has strong feelings about it.

But, could we please not keep adding whites to the list. :D  (I think that Pinot Grigio idea was a drunken mistake :oldrazz: )

1183440[/snapback]

hehehehe.... i was thinking about adding a muscat at the end of whites, and a port at the end of reds.... maybe we do both at the very end.

hehehehe....  i was thinking about adding a muscat at the end of whites, and a port at the end of reds.... maybe we do both at the very end.

1183462[/snapback]

My wife was asking me the other night why we weren't doing Ports. I'm a HUGH port fan. One of the local wineries here (Mount Pleasant) makes an excellent port and I'm holding every year since '85. I also have quite a few other port as well. I'd be interested in spearheading that tasting.