[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ground Beef Recipes

alexgaddis

There are quite a few.

One thing ido that is packed with nutritous foods is to brown the ground beef in a pan.

Then, in a pot, with a little olive oil, put in some onion and bell peppers and cook till they start to get a little soft. I also add a bunch of garlic in as well. Then, add some root vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes and get those going. Add in your ground beef and I add in a couple cans (drained) of kidney and garbanzo beans. Add a can of tomatoes (I preer to get the whole tomatoes and crush them myself with my hand for a more rustic look). Let this cook for a little bit.

While this is going, cook up a couple cups of brown rice in a rice cooker (or use the microwave if you prefer microwaveable rice).

Once the rice is done, I mix it into the concoction above rather than serving the above on a bed of rice.

Sometimes I add in some frozen corn, peas or mixed veggies as well when I am adding in the carrots, etc. above.. feel free to add any veggie you like.. zucchini, celery, etc.

A bowl full of that will fill you up, and it is loaded with protein, fiber and veggies, and, if you use a lower fat ground beef, is fairly low in saturated fats.

I will definately try this out sometime....as for tonite, I need something quick...

but thanks!

1187047[/snapback]

as i am on work day #9 in a row, i was going to reserve comment until sunday. seeing how you need it tonight..... do you like chili? would you like an alternative recipe for hamburgers (i make a great burger with mushrooms in em)? was going to give you one for potstickers (but not great if you are looking for quick)...

asian burgers

2 lbs of ground meat

8 shucksake mushrooms (finely chopped)

1 green onion (finely sliced)

2 tsp toasted sesame oil

1/4 cup hoisin sauce (or teriyaki, or soy)

1 tsp granulated ginger

some people like using an egg to bind... i don't need it, but your call.

saute mushrooms until soft. mix everything...form patties.

italian burgers

2 lbs ground meat

8-10 crimini mushrooms

1 tsp dry oregano

1 tsp dry basil

1/2 onion (diced)

saute onions and mushrooms. mix everything.... form patties

asian burgers

2 lbs of ground meat

8 shucksake mushrooms (finely chopped)

1 green onion (finely sliced)

2 tsp toasted sesame oil

1/4 cup hoisin sauce (or teriyaki, or soy)

1 tsp granulated ginger

some people like using an egg to bind... i don't need it, but your call.

saute mushrooms until soft.  mix everything...form patties.

italian burgers

2 lbs ground meat

8-10 crimini mushrooms

1 tsp dry oregano

1 tsp dry basil

1/2 onion  (diced)

saute onions and mushrooms.  mix everything.... form patties

1187273[/snapback]

Asian ones sound awesome!

restuffed italian eggplant:

scoop out the insides of halved italian eggplants, dice. Bake the shells and leave them for later.

sautee the diced eggplant for a long time in a little olive oil with fresh garlic, diced red onion, and ground beef. season with oregano, basil, and a little curry powder.

add mozzerella to the mixture when done, let melt and mix up. Scoop into the baked shells. Bake for a few minutes together.

Can also add some diced sundried tomatoes or tomato sauce to the stuffing mixture, but I like it this way.

Take several large jalapenos and cut them in half long ways...and make sort of a "frito" chip scoop with the jalapeno. Fill it with ground beef seasoned to yer tasle. Wrap with bacon and grill till hamburger meat is cooked through...top with a slice of pepper jack cheese...let melt and get ready...

Take several large jalapenos and cut them in half long ways...and make sort of a "frito" chip scoop with the jalapeno. Fill it with ground beef seasoned to yer tasle. Wrap with bacon and grill till hamburger meat is cooked through...top with a slice of pepper jack cheese...let melt and get ready...

1189504[/snapback]

:D I like your style, Balla. I think a turd might taste OK in a jalepeno with cheese wrapped in bacon. :D This is my favorite way to cook duck.

I second the shephards pie.

Here's the easist thing to do.

Preheat your oven to around 400. Boil some water for instant mashed potatoes - it's great with the sourcream & onion flavor potatoes. While the water is boiling, put some evoo in a pan, saute some garlic and other spices you like and add your hamburger. Microwave some canned corn. Finish the potatoes, drain the hamburger and add the burger to a casserole pan. Cover with Corn, then the potatoes. Top with paparika and bake until the top is crispy... classic.

Here's one that's pretty simple and really good:

Salsa Chili

Brown a pound of ground beef in the bottom of a large pot and then drain it. Pour in two cans of tomato juice, one can of Campbell's tomato soup, a can of diced tomatoes, a medium-sized jar of salsa, a can of kidney beans, and a packet of chili seasoning. Bring it to a boil and then simmer it, covered, for thirty minutes, stirring every so often. That's it!