[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ground Beef Recipes

alexgaddis

I absolutely love ground beef - seasoned with a little garlic salt - and cooked up in a pan on the stove... with macaroni and cheese.  My Mom used to make that... with some stewed tomatoes in there too.  I can do without the tomatoes... :D

1192910[/snapback]

Ah yes.. cheeseburgerroni.... used to be a favorite in college and just out of college.... of course, in my "larger" days, I'd make a bout a pound of ground beef and 2 boxes of mac n cheese for my self.... eat about 2/3rds of it for dinner and the left overs either late night or for the next day's lunch....

I absolutely love ground beef - seasoned with a little garlic salt - and cooked up in a pan on the stove... with macaroni and cheese.  My Mom used to make that... with some stewed tomatoes in there too.  I can do without the tomatoes... :D

1192910[/snapback]

:D interesting...

:D interesting...

1193738[/snapback]

It's seriously good. And seriously easy. I jones for it all the time and will make it day or night.

Ah yes.. cheeseburgerroni....  used to be a favorite in college and just out of college....  of course, in my "larger" days, I'd make a bout a pound of ground beef and 2 boxes of mac n cheese for my self.... eat about 2/3rds of it for dinner and the left overs either late night or for the next day's lunch....

1193546[/snapback]

And it's even BETTER re-heated the next day...

:D

I just told the wife about it and she said we'd try it with one condition...

it has to be Velvetta Shells and Cheese...

I prefer the Kraft Mac and Cheese but hey, marriage is about compromising right?

1193778[/snapback]

I've had it with both. The good old Kraft Mac & Cheese works best, but the shells & cheese will be fine.

Oh, and make sure to drain out all the grease/fat/crap from the ground beef before adding it to the mac & cheese..... also, never ever add the meat before making the mac & cheese in its entirety... I made the mistake of adding the ground beef to the noodles, then adding the milk, butter & "cheese"... bad move, the ground beef soaked up the "cheese" and it was ruined....

if you want to go the mac & cheese route, seriously, hamburger helper's cheeseburger macaroni.  i guarantee it's better than dumpin a pound of ground into some f'n velveeta chit.

1194214[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree. Hamburger Helper's "cheese sauce mix" tastes like ass. And their noodles are garbage.

Go with the old standby Kraft mac & cheese, or if you must, shells & cheese.

This is easy and suprisingly good. Brown ground beef in a pan, season to taste with taco seasoning or your own blend. I use salt, garlic powder, onion powder and chipotle powder to taste. Drain Beef. Place beef in bowl and add one can of kidney beans and a can of diced tomatoes. Mix together and place in baking dish. Top with cheese and bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and a dollup of sour cream.

Nothing fancy, but good. I'll usually dice some onions and other veggies to add flavor, but it is not necessary.

I respectfully disagree.  Hamburger Helper's "cheese sauce mix" tastes like ass.  And their noodles are garbage. 

1195823[/snapback]

Yes, thank you...Hamburger Helper is straight ass

I respectfully disagree.  Hamburger Helper's "cheese sauce mix" tastes like ass.  And their noodles are garbage. 

1195823[/snapback]

you're telling me a pound of hamburger in a box of kraft mac & cheese is better than the HH cheesburger mac? yer on crack.

we should have a huddle bake-off to settle this :D

you're telling me a pound of hamburger in a box of kraft mac & cheese is better than the HH cheesburger mac? yer on crack.

we should have a huddle bake-off to settle this :D

1196630[/snapback]

quick! before the huddle weight loss challenge kicks off

simple... straight from your elementary school lunch menu...

Pizzaburgers

brown the beef, add some pizza sauce (or spaghetti sauce in a pinch), spoon onto half a hamburger bun, sprinkle on some shredded motz. cheese, toast on a cookie sheet for a couple of minutes.

Brown I lb ground chuck seasoned with salt, pepper, oregeno.

Set aside and drain if you want.

Saute, in olive oil, 1 chopped onion,

lot's of diced garlic,

chopped muchrooms,

(Green pepper and jalapeno optional),

all seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano

Add beef back in.

Add 1 can cream of chicken soup.

Stir in some flour to bind it all together.

Taste and reseason with salt, pepper, oregeno, and something hot.

(I prefer cayenne, girlfriend prefers chipotle).

Simmer for a while to let the flavors mix in.

Serve over egg noodles.

This serves about 2 people. Double everything for 4, etc.

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is better than velveeta (any parent should have had plenty of chances to try both) and adding the ground beef is excellent but it becomes even better once you also put Heinz 57 on it. Works better with the Kraft than the Velveeta though.

It is one of many things I like to eat here at home that no one else in the house will even try.

Then how did you get through college?

I remember the days when dinner was a can of tuna and a glass of milk.  Hamburger helper was a staple in my college diet.

1198275[/snapback]

We had it so bad that dinner sometimes was a tortilla with butter on it. And a glass of water. If we had money we had hamburger helper.

Another simple thing I do with hamburger is buy that Velveeta cheese log they sell and put it in a crockpot. Cook a pound of hamburger on the stove and drop it in the cheese. Add some of your favorite salsa (instead of rotel), and let it all melt together. Pour over your favorite tortilla chips.

Makes a very filling mess of nachos. Great on gameday.

Guess I'll be making these today. :D