[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush has 229 rushiung yards at halftime

DMD

Stats certainly are not the end all, be all of match ups.

How bout the fact (IOWA OPINION) that Jarrett will be open ALL GAME LONG against Texas

Or how about the fact (IOWA OPINION) that Texas WILL NOT have an answer for Reggie Bush. NONE.

And how bout the most important one... Pete Carroll vs Mack Brown. GAME OVER (IOWA OPINION)

1211561[/snapback]

No Stats are not the end all, be all. However, they are a mathematical representation of FACTUAL information. Not the opinion of an Iowa Fan / USC worshiper.

See the difference, is that I believe that Texas will win the game, but I KNOW that USC is a very good team. So if in fact USC wins, it will not alter my perception of reality. You on the other hand, appear to be a USC worshipper, so I am concerned that if USC does not win, you will have your whole perception of reality ruined. Or you might just claim that Texas cheated, was lucky or some other excuse.

I guess no matter what, we will learn something on this board after Jan 4. I will not have computer access until Jan 6/7, so I will have to wait until then, to see what I can learn.

Here is some more of those dreaded facts, which get in the way of your perception.

Winningest Coaches since 1998 Season (Sports Illustrated, 12-5-05 issue)

MACK BROWN, Texas 81-19

FRANK BEAMER, Va. Tech 77-22

BOBBY BOWDEN, Florida State 77-23

BOB STOOPS, Oklahoma 74-16

PHILLIP FULMER, Tennessee 74-26

LLOYD CARR, Michigan 73-25

BILL SNYDER, Kansas State 70-31

MIKE BELLOTTI, Oregon 68-28

BARRY ALVAREZ, Wisconsin 68-32

TOMMY TUBERVILLE, Auburn 66-31*

* Includes one season at Mississippi

Carroll Record in 5 Years 51-9

So if your argument is that there is only one great head coach in College football, and the other 116 are just dirt on his shoe, you can certainly make a case for Carroll. However, if you live in the real world with the rest of us, and believe that there are several current coaches at the top of the list, then clearly Brown and Carroll are both there.

Sorry but that doesn't make much sense.

I have no rooting interest as I don't particular care for TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... and I can't stand USC, however I respect both programs and coaches. BUT, I don't think winningest coaches since 1998 makes much of a difference UNTIL Mack Brown's team accomplishes a hint of what USC has accomplished the past several years, i.e. National Championships. Until someone knocks him from his perch, Carroll is THE preeminent college football coach. Man, typing that makes me physically ill. :D

Sorry but that doesn't make much sense.

I have no rooting interest as I don't particular care for TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... and I can't stand USC, however I respect both programs and coaches.  BUT, I don't think winningest coaches since 1998 makes much of a difference UNTIL Mack Brown's team accomplishes a hint of what USC has accomplished the past several years, i.e. National Championships.  Until someone knocks him from his perch, Carroll is THE preeminent college football coach.  Man, typing that makes me physically ill.    :D

1212704[/snapback]

It should be noted that the big12 championship won this year is the first championship at any level ever won by Dr. Snakeoil. I am pretty sure this is true.

And all those facts mean nothing compared to the FACT that no one has slown USC's offense down in 4 years, what makes you think Texas can? I do remember Oklahoma coming into last years game with a "Top 10" Defense. So stats, really don't mean a thing. They are just stats, and lets face it... both SC and Texas accumulated those stats against pretty weak competition. But USC has proven over and over with there 2 straight national championships (another fact) that they are able to overcome any statistical "shortcoming". They proved it last year against an equal (to Texas) Oklahoma team. Why won't they do it this year? They will do it again. And you can call me a USC worshipper all you want... but I call it respect. And besides... the most talked about bowl game is SC-Texas, particularly on this board. What else is there to talk about?

It should be noted that the big12 championship won this year is the first championship at any level ever won by Dr. Snakeoil. I am pretty sure this is true.

1213127[/snapback]

Ok so your point is that putting up the most wins by any Division 1A coaches over a period of 8 years does not qualify you for say being a top 5 coach, because you have the miss fortune that for seven of those years you have been not only in the same conference as another top 5 coach, but in the same division as another top 5 coach.

As for you snakeoil (sic) comment, as usual you have a witty way of degrading someone else, that has absolutely no basis in fact. You can make a reasonable argument that Mack is a poor game day coach or you can make a reasonable argument that Mack chokes in big games. I disagree with these statements, but I understand the basis for the argument. But Snakeoil (sic) Salesmen, no way. Mack is exactly what Mack portrays himself as.

Snake Oil Salesmen is a better term for say a coach that spends a couple of years making an underachieving program and average achieving program, then moving on to higher pay. Snake Oil Salesmen might also apply to a coach that takes a proud program, that no matter what, could always count on playing hardnosed defense, and turning them into a defense that ranks 107 out of 117 in total defense. There are some coaches out there that Snake Oil Salesmen might apply to, but Mack is not one of them.

Ok so your point is that putting up the most wins by any Division 1A coaches over a period of 8 years does not qualify you for say being a top 5 coach, because you have the miss fortune that for seven of those years you have been not only in the same conference as another top 5 coach, but in the same division as another top 5 coach.

As for you snakeoil (sic) comment, as usual you have a witty way of degrading someone else, that has absolutely no basis in fact.  You can make a reasonable argument that Mack is a poor game day coach or you can make a reasonable argument that Mack chokes in big games.  I disagree with these statements, but I understand the basis for the argument.  But Snakeoil (sic) Salesmen, no way.  Mack is exactly what Mack portrays himself as.

Snake Oil Salesmen is a better term for say a coach that spends a couple of years making an underachieving program and average achieving program, then moving on to higher pay.  Snake Oil Salesmen might also apply to a coach that takes a proud program, that no matter what, could always count on playing hardnosed defense, and turning them into a defense that ranks 107 out of 117 in total defense.  There are some coaches out there that Snake Oil Salesmen might apply to, but Mack is not one of them.

1213375[/snapback]

Chance Mock says you are a liar.

Chance Mock says you are a liar.

1213460[/snapback]

I believe that the correct statement would be “Chance Mock says that you are mistaken”. To be considered a liar I would have had to intentionally present false information, with the intent to deceive. The vast majority of what I communicated was clearly an opinion and not a statement of fact. Now clearly, I good have been lying about the fact that the vaunted wrecking crew defense finished ranked 107 of 117 Division 1A teams in total defense. I will be happy to supply you with the link to the NCAA website that shows this stat, if you truly think I was lying about that.

I relies that such subtleties in the written word might be lost on someone whose idea of witty comment is “I also said nothing about you and your NAMBLA brethren other than implying that being as Austin is turd burglar central it is more than likely most colon bashers are likely sips” However, I try not to stoop to the intellectual level of my opposition.

I believe that the fact that virtually none of Mack’s player leave early for the NFL, is testament to Mack treatment of his players. However, I have no doubt that Chance Mock decided to go to Texarkana and reveal some dip dark secret about Mack to a redneck aggie surveyor. I can’t wait until the full story comes out in the National Inquirer.

blah, blah, blah - you Texas Big12 boys should just get together at BrokeBack Mountain already and get it over with...

1213747[/snapback]

Coffeeman, I am disappointed. I usually see better post than that from you. Gay bashing innuendoes is more in keeping with Polksalet’s style (a battle of words with that man is like fencing against a baseball bat). First, you have no idea if I am gay or not (married, with 2 ½ children). Second, if I was gay, what possible difference could it make on a sports bulletin board. The point in my previous post was that there are several criticism you can make of Mack Brown, and have a reasonable basis for you argument. However, to imply that Mack is significantly less genuine than your average Div 1A football coach (which Polk did), or to imply that he is any less honest with his players, than your average Div 1A football coach (which Polk did), is ridicules. There is absolutely no reasonable basis for that argument if you look at the facts.

Look, Pete Carroll is a great coach, and has done amazing things at USC. Truth is, probably deep down, well more than half of the Texas fans out there would secretly trade Mack for Pete. But there are probably 112 Div 1A schools that would trade their current coach for Mack (most would not even make a secret of it).

You know I was actually thinking that if an extra Rose Bowl ticket fell into my lap at the last minute, you were actually a USC fan I could sit at the game with. (Mostly because you are holding $60.75 of mine :D )

Second, if I was gay, what possible difference could it make on a sports bulletin board. 

You know I was actually thinking that if an extra Rose Bowl ticket fell into my lap at the last minute, you were actually a USC fan I could sit at the game with.  (Mostly because you are holding $60.75 of mine  :D )

1213935[/snapback]

That is a good point above. And if you do receive manna from heaven (tix!) don't forget your buddy Coffee. I'll bring the $60.75 with me for our beer money....