[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kyle Orton blows

Swiss Cheezhead

I'm sorry, but PLEASE get this guy off the field. I don't care if his play is giving the Packers a better chance to win -- he's just unwatchable. The Bears have obviously been winning DESPITE him, not because of him.

Plus, that thing on his face is either roadkill or the worst beard in the history of mankind -- and, yes, that includes the era of the Cro-Magnon Man. :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but PLEASE get this guy off the field. I don't care if his play is giving the Packers a better chance to win -- he's just unwatchable. The Bears have obviously been winning DESPITE him, not because of him.

Plus, that thing on his face is either roadkill or the worst beard in the history of mankind -- and, yes, that includes the era of the Cro-Magnon Man. :D

1191853[/snapback]

I guess he won't get your Rookie of the Year vote then? :D

I don't see how the Bears win if they don't get turnovers. Orton isn't even in the top 30 in passer rating.

Gotta disagree with you guys here (except the part about the beard!).

Orton's poise for a rookie really impresses me. He doesn't panic under pressure and takes care of the ball. Doesn't fumble or throw balls up for grabs (see Kerry Collins & Brett Favre).

Also, there's been a couple drops today and the INT wasn't his fault.

He's not catching the league on fire but he's not being dumb back there and taking chances that he can't deliver on.  With that D that's all da Bears are looking for.

1191901[/snapback]

This is the opinion I hear a lot, but I just don't understand it. What's the point of playing a quarterback if he doesn't do anything positive? I mean, he made one nice one nice throw today (the other one to Berrian was decent, but should have been batted away easily). Other than that, he was just handing the ball off missing his receivers.

Why don't they just play Justin Gage at QB? And, no, I'm not kidding. He was a quarterback in college and it's not like he could do WORSE than Orton. I mean, they're already starting the worst-rated QB in the league. If anything, Gage would give them a scrambling dimension that Orton doesn't have. I think Gage could complete more than six passes. :D

This is the opinion I hear a lot, but I just don't understand it. What's the point of playing a quarterback if he doesn't do anything positive? I mean, he made one nice one nice throw today (the other one to Berrian was decent, but should have been batted away easily). Other than that, he was just handing the ball off missing his receivers.

Why don't they just play Justin Gage at QB? And, no, I'm not kidding. He was a quarterback in college and it's not like he could do WORSE than Orton. I mean, they're already starting the worst-rated QB in the league. If anything, Gage would give them a scrambling dimension that Orton doesn't have. I think Gage could complete more than six passes. :D

1192006[/snapback]

Is Brett doing anything positive with 21 INT's for the year?

Nope. Not a thing. And I don't understand why he keeps throwing INTs! His receivers are among the best in the league, we have a dominant running back, and a defense that always keeps us in the game.

1192061[/snapback]

Yeahhhh, that's it.

Of course Orton is a poor throwing QB.

Thinnest books="Great Bear QB's".

Picking on his beard??? :D

For a rook being thrown into the fray, Id say he's doing as expected....maybe better.

Of course Orton is a poor throwing QB.

Thinnest books="Great Bear QB's". 

Picking on his beard???  :D

For a rook being thrown into the fray, Id say he's doing as expected....maybe better.

1192098[/snapback]

All of that is true, rockn. I'll admit that the beard is the primary reason I want him on the sideline.

However, he IS doing as expected, but you guys have a better QB sitting on the bench right now. I think Grossman should get his job back now that he's healthy.

All of that is true, rockn. I'll admit that the beard is the primary reason I want him on the sideline.

However, he IS doing as expected, but you guys have a better QB sitting on the bench right now. I think Grossman should get his job back now that he's healthy.

1192121[/snapback]

If it was the third or fourth game of the season, YES, but not now. I'm betting as sub-par as he is, he has a lot of respect from the 'O' side of the ball. Grossman would have to develop that. Don't forget Orton has twice as many starts and about the same rating as Rex.

impressive won/lost record for orton, but he hardly is an all pro. doesn't have to be. you are saying grossman is better than orton. based on what? i saw him (grossman) in college. hardly impressive. i was bummed when the bears picked him. at least orton isn't single handedly losing games. he'll develop.

Orton isn't losing games for us, but there is no way we can progress like this. The Bears seem to be happy just having him stand there. Even Dilfer used to make something happen occasionally. The staff need to get more out of him.

Our D is NOT going to win us every game.

9-3 record, 8 game winning streak.................if it ain't broke dont try and fix it!

1192140[/snapback]

Isn't there a saying about preventative maintenance, too? If not, there should be. As Ursa said, if they continue on like this, their lack of offense WILL bite them in the ass. It's not a matter of "if", but "when".

I agree that Grossman would have to win the respect of his teammates again, but it wouldn't take much. One 2-TD game and both the offensive and defensive players would be putting the guy up on their shoulders. If I were Lovie, I'd make the switch now, while there's still time to get camaraderie developed before the playoffs. What's he going to do when the Bears are down 10 points at halftime of a playoff game? At that point, a QB switch would be VERY risky.

And, btw, Grossman's rating is a full 10 points higher than Orton's. Plus, Orton has TEN fumbles (I believe that leads the league), five of them lost, to go along with his 12 INTs. That's 17 turnovers in 12 games -- not exactly "game management".

And, btw, Grossman's rating is a full 10 points higher than Orton's.

1192164[/snapback]

Actually, more like 9 as of last week and your probably right, 10 this week. But Grossman has not proved a thing to take his spot back. 6 games in 3 seasons. Add to that, if he got hurt again, whatever confidence Orton had would be shattered. I agree w/ Lovie, leave Orton play! Play until he starts losing games.

I guess we agree to disagree.

Edited by rocknrobn26

Actually, more like 9 as of last week and your probably right, 10 this week.  But Grossman has not proved a thing to take his spot back. 6 games in 3 seasons.  Add to that, if he got hurt again, whatever confidence Orton had would be shattered.  I agree w/ Lovie, leave Orton play!  Play until he starts losing games.

I guess we agree to disagree.

1192187[/snapback]

I don't know if pulling him shatter his confidence, but they are winning with him so keeping him may be more a team winning decision than anything.

I do think they are like the team that made the playoffs with Jauron, if they don't get some O they won't win there. They still have time, but the better teams won't keep giving them the ball.

I don't know if pulling him shatter his confidence, but they are winning with him so keeping him may be more a team winning decision than anything.

I do think they are like the team that made the playoffs with Jauron, if they don't get some O they won't win there. They still have time, but the better teams won't keep giving them the ball.

1192194[/snapback]

I could agree w/ most of what you said, but teams ARE NOT giving them the ball.

:D

Hey Swiss, what's your definition of "blows?" How about throwing a pick at the end of the first half? How about turning the ball over a total of 4 times?

My guy ain't fun to watch, but your guy is a nightmare. Or, if you're a Bears fan, a dream.

Thanks for the W, Brett.

I agree w/ Lovie, leave Orton play!  Play until he starts losing games.

1192187[/snapback]

I agree with this, but for God's sake, they need to do more with him. He isn't losing games but we have to sustain drives better than we are. Defenses can load up against our two good runners and know there is no threat anywhere else.

Our D is by far the best in the league, but let's give them a little help.

Hey Swiss, what's your definition of "blows?"  How about throwing a pick at the end of the first half?  How about turning the ball over a total of 4 times?

My guy ain't fun to watch, but your guy is a nightmare.  Or, if you're a Bears fan, a dream.

Thanks for the W, Brett.

1192203[/snapback]

i'd like to hear bitter bear hater swisscheeseheads response to this. people say they can't win every game with there defense.........shhhhhhhhh. don't tell the players that. they think they can.