[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kyle Orton blows

Swiss Cheezhead

I agree that Grossman would have to win the respect of his teammates again, but it wouldn't take much. One 2-TD game and both the offensive and defensive players would be putting the guy up on their shoulders. If I were Lovie, I'd make the switch now, while there's still time to get camaraderie developed before the playoffs. What's he going to do when the Bears are down 10 points at halftime of a playoff game? At that point, a QB switch would be VERY risky.

1192164[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Swiss, what's your definition of "blows?"  How about throwing a pick at the end of the first half?  How about turning the ball over a total of 4 times?

My guy ain't fun to watch, but your guy is a nightmare.  Or, if you're a Bears fan, a dream.

Thanks for the W, Brett.

1192203[/snapback]

"Your guy is worse than my guy" isn't really contributing to the argument.

Orton may end up being on a Kitna/Dilfer level someday - guy who can lead a team but will never be able to carry one; as of right now, he's not even at their level of play.

I don't know that Grossman is the answer, and you certainly don't muck around with the QB position after 8 straight wins, but I can't see them winning anything more than one playoff game with that sort of liability at QB.

kind of off topic...but I don't get the whole smilie response to posts. How odd is that? You mean that you can't formulate words to express your feelings...so you have to click on the stupid smilies to the left?

Oh, back to the post...Orton does blow. But, Brett blowers...if you know what I mean.

kind of off topic...but I don't get the whole smilie response to posts.  How odd is that?  You mean that you can't formulate words to express your feelings...so you have to click on the stupid smilies to the left?

Oh, back to the post...Orton does blow.  But, Brett blowers...if you know what I mean.

1192306[/snapback]

:D

Of course Orton is a poor throwing QB.

Thinnest books="Great Bear QB's". 

Picking on his beard???  :D

For a rook being thrown into the fray, Id say he's doing as expected....maybe better.

1192098[/snapback]

He's doing better and winning games, enough said.

kind of off topic...but I don't get the whole smilie response to posts.  How odd is that?  You mean that you can't formulate words to express your feelings...so you have to click on the stupid smilies to the left?

Oh, back to the post...Orton does blow.  But, Brett blowers...if you know what I mean.

1192306[/snapback]

......but I can't see them winning anything more than one playoff game with that sort of liability at QB.

1192296[/snapback]

I don't think he IS a liability. As many have said, he isn't losing games. The problem is that he isn't contributing anything at all.

" but I can't see them winning anything more than one playoff game with that sort of liability at QB.

1192296[/snapback]

think of what you are saying. our season is a complete success if we win the division. its all gravy after that as far as i'm concerned. we know were not powerhouses, but 60 minutes of football can lead to anything. i agree with you to some extent, but the teams of the nfc just aren't that strong. against the colts they would get crushed, but the rest of the teams of the nfc might get the snot knocked out of em if there not looking. ask carolina and tampa.

I don't think he IS a liability.  As many have said, he isn't losing games.  The problem is that he isn't contributing anything at all.

1192331[/snapback]

If you can't count on your QB to make a play, that's a liability

This is what I got out of reading this thread; if the defense has an off game, the bears lose.

1192339[/snapback]

True, but I don't see it happening! The 'D' is their game. If you're gonna beat us you gotta beat our 'D'! If you do we're done!

It's still the best season Da Bears have put together in years! I'm happy! :D

:DGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1192306[/snapback]

True, but I don't see it happening!  The 'D' is their game.  If you're gonna beat us you gotta beat our 'D'!  If you do we're done! 

It's still the best season Da Bears have put together in years!  I'm happy!  :D

:DGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1192356[/snapback]

Is this defense better than 85 Bears or The year the Ravens won the superbowl? I don't know where to get those comparisons.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-...NG/2005/regular

They are leading everybody by almost 4 points a game. They are for real.

If you can't count on your QB to make a play, that's a liability

1192349[/snapback]

True.

Unfortunately, during this streak, they haven't had to come from behind and win any games with the O.

Let's look at a scenario where their opponent gets an early turnover and takes a lead, and maybe gets up by 10 or so points. You can pretty much stick a fork in them come playoff time if and when that happens.

However, I like the fact that 3 of their last 4 games are on the road, and next week should really be an acid test for Orton. I'm sure there's a great chance that they'll be playing the Steelers from behind and we'll see what happens.

I'm sure there's a great chance that they'll be playing the Steelers from behind and we'll see what happens.

1192406[/snapback]

The Steelers offer an excellent opportunity for multiple turnovers. However, I don't see Big Ben being asked to throw against us like he did today against the Bengals.

Is this defense better than 85 Bears or The year the Ravens won the superbowl? I don't know where to get those comparisons.

They are leading everybody by almost 4 points a game. They are for real.

1192373[/snapback]

The '85 Bears held opponents to just under 300 ypg total offense, but managed to grab 34 ints, allowed a mere 22 tds total, and was ranked 1st overall in int, rush att, rush yds allowed, rush tds allowed, and yds overall.

The '00 Ravens really put the screws to people - they allowed 970 :D rush yds for the season, allowing 2.69 per carry, 5 rushing tds, and 165 points total. All of which smoke the '85 Bears numbers; they were less effective than the 85 Bears vs the pass.

The '05 Bears are going to go down as one of the better units for quite awhile, but it's tough to put those guys in the class of those two teams right now; watching today's game, it appears that they can be exploited at the point of attack and have some coverage issues that can be taken advantage of.

1192306[/snapback]

The Steelers offer an excellent opportunity for multiple turnovers.  However, I don't see Big Ben being asked to throw against us like he did today against the Bengals.

1192416[/snapback]

If Green Bay can run on you, the Steelers certainly can.

1192306[/snapback]

impressive won/lost record for orton, but he hardly is an all pro.  doesn't have to be.  you are saying grossman is better than orton.  based on what?  i saw him (grossman) in college. hardly impressive.  i was bummed when the bears picked him.  at least orton isn't single handedly losing games.  he'll develop.

1192138[/snapback]

I'll have to agree with this one. I hated to watch Grossman when he was playing in college and I was less than impressed when the Bears picked him up. At this point in the season, I don't see how a change could be made anyway. I agree that we have to get something going on offense. We've been lucky so far in that we haven't needed to have an offense but the time will come where we have to put a couple of TDs on the board.

"Your guy is worse than my guy" isn't really contributing to the argument.

Orton may end up being on a Kitna/Dilfer level someday - guy who can lead a team but will never be able to carry one; as of right now, he's not even at their level of play.

I don't know that Grossman is the answer, and you certainly don't muck around with the QB position after 8 straight wins, but I can't see them winning anything more than one playoff game with that sort of liability at QB.

1192296[/snapback]

Agreed. Even system QBs need to make plays every once in a while. I'm giving Grossman somewhat of a pass because he is a rookie, after all. Unfortunately, even for a rookie, he doesn't look like starting NFL material at this point.

It's almost unfortunate that the Bears are going to make the playoffs because they could really use a high draft pick on a QB in April. Hopefully someone like Warner will be a FA next year.