[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kyle Orton blows

Swiss Cheezhead

Agreed.  Even system QBs need to make plays every once in a while.  I'm giving Grossman somewhat of a pass because he is a rookie, after all.  Unfortunately, even for a rookie, he doesn't look like starting NFL material at this point.

It's almost unfortunate that the Bears are going to make the playoffs because they could really use a high draft pick on a QB in April.  Hopefully someone like Warner will be a FA next year.

1193371[/snapback]

I've got news for you - that wasn't Rex Grossman.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the bangles game when Orton threw 5 INTs, he looked like a diff QB. All of his deep passes since then are over thrown. He is not playing comfortably. He is handcuffed because of this great Defense. Also I don’t understand why is ron turner calling all those fade routes, we all know he cant do that pass. Also Orton in college played a lot out of the shotgun, this Sunday not one shotgun pass was attempted. I placing 40% of the blame on R. turner.

I’m a rex fan over Orton, but you can’t pull the switch when the bears keep on winning.

Actually, more like 9 as of last week and your probably right, 10 this week.  But Grossman has not proved a thing to take his spot back. 6 games in 3 seasons.  Add to that, if he got hurt again, whatever confidence Orton had would be shattered.  I agree w/ Lovie, leave Orton play!  Play until he starts losing games.

I guess we agree to disagree.

1192187[/snapback]

Love the Monsters, but I think that moment will shortly be upon them. Steelers, Falcons, @ Packers, @ Vikings, the time for "losing games" may be nearer than Bears fan think, or Lovie thinks.

As a STARTING QB, Orton will prove to be a heck of a BACK UP Quarterback. I think he might actually make a play or two if he didn't feel like he had so much pressure on him not to turn the ball over.

THis should get really interesting if they drop a game or two here due to offensive ineffectiveness. Then Lovie will have to make a decision as to whether to re-insert Grossman. I think he will, and I think the pretense they will use is that "you shouldn't lose your job to an injury". IMO.

This is what I got out of reading this thread; if the defense has an off game, the bears lose.

1192339[/snapback]

See Bengals Bears results from earlier this year.

Love the Monsters, but I think that moment will shortly be upon them.  Steelers, Falcons, @ Packers, @ Vikings, the time for "losing games" may be nearer than Bears fan think, or Lovie thinks. 

As a STARTING QB, Orton will prove to be a heck of a BACK UP Quarterback.  I think he might actually make a play or two if he didn't feel like he had so much pressure on him not to turn the ball over.

THis should get really interesting if they drop a game or two here due to offensive ineffectiveness.  Then Lovie will have to make a decision as to whether to re-insert Grossman.  I think he will, and I think the pretense they will use is that "you shouldn't lose your job to an injury".  IMO.

1193967[/snapback]

Depth charts may lie, but Blake is #2. Thayer made a point to consider last nite. He said what Lovie should do is insinuate there is a QB debate, to mess w/ the Vike's DC. 3 different QB's with 3 diff. levels of effectiveness, and 3 diff. ways to defend and not saying who will start till gameday. He went on to say, 'At least that will mess w/ the DC's mind and keep him up late every nite worrying about it!' :D

Depth charts may lie, but Blake is #2.  Thayer made a point to consider last nite.  He said what Lovie should do is insinuate there is a QB debate, to mess w/ the Vike's DC.  3 different QB's with 3 diff. levels of ineffectiveness, and 3 diff. ways to defend and not saying who will start till gameday.  He went on to say, 'At least that will mess w/ the DC's mind and keep him up late every nite worrying about it!'  :D

1193998[/snapback]

FIXED

Then Lovie will have to make a decision as to whether to re-insert Grossman.  I think he will, and I think the pretense they will use is that "you shouldn't lose your job to an injury".  IMO.

1193967[/snapback]

I don't think that he will. As bad as Orton is right now, he's already tripled Grossman's career TD total. Not is Grossman made of glass and not a long-term option, he's probably not going to do a better job than Orton anyway.

Looking at their schedule, considering their fantastic defense and non-existent ability to pass the football, realistically I can see them losing to Pittsburgh and Atlanta back to back. Not saying they WILL, just that they surely could as both teams who will be angry and desperate and can run the football. With Big Ben back, they can also pass the ball effectively, and Vick certainly presents some problems for any defense along with the Falcons rushing attack. If the Bears could pass the ball at all, these games would be more of a sure thing, but I'll be surprised if they beat Pittsburgh.

Then, you are looking at a messy situation at Green Bay and finishing up in the Metrodome with a team that actually may still believe in themselves with a shot for the playoffs.

You will need better play from Orton, Grossman, or somebody to win 2 of those games, I think. And if you don't, then the Bears don't make the playoffs, most likely. A great season for that team, regardless, but you cannot dismiss the need to pass the ball occasionally.

My quote of the week is from Dan Hampton - "Kyle Orton is a cabdriver piloting the space shuttle right now."

1195042[/snapback]

:D Dam.........I watch all the shows and read all the print. Where did you pick that up from? C-L-A-S-S-I-C!!!

• 2 years later...