[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bowl Selections coming.........

theeohiostate

:D

Bucks vs Notre Dame in the Fiesta

Penn St vs FSU in the Orange.........Joe Pa vs Bowden the 2 most winningest coaches in college football history :D

Penn St. won the tie-breaker for the Big 10 title .........but OSU made out in the BCS.

Edited by theeohiostate

While I like the idea of the two most winningest coaches playing each other, I thinks its a sham for PSU to have to play a team with 4 losses. Oregon woulda been better.

Plus it seems every year the Florida teams get bowls on their home turf. Thats ghey.

Penn St. won the tie-breaker for the Big 10 title .........but OSU made out in the BCS.

1192209[/snapback]

yeah, which means that Wisconsin is in the Capital One Bowl, like I've been telling you guys.

While I like the idea of the two most winningest coaches playing each other, I thinks its a sham for PSU to have to play a team with 4 losses. Oregon woulda been better.

Plus it seems every year the Florida teams get bowls on their home turf. Thats ghey.

1192457[/snapback]

I agree, weak on both counts.

The BCS needs alot of work even if they got the top 2 right.

How can a 2 loss Ohio St or Notre dame get BCS bids over Oregon. And don't get me started about Fla. St.

IF you are not in the top 10, you should not get in a BCS game, regardless if you win your conference. Give the BCS games to the teams that deserve to be there, not the winner of the weak conference, regardless of conference.

Conference Championship games should not determine conference champions unless the teams are tied for the lead. For instance Va Tech should be playing over Fla St.

Its BS some conference have conference championship games, and sme dont.

Drop the co-Champions BS, Penn St and Ohio St both had 1 loss in conference but Penn St won that game, so they should be the Champs, nto some queer Co-Champion.

Edited by Clark Griswold

Ohio State is in because they got in automatically due to there #4 ranking in the BCS, not because they are "co-champion". Notre Dame got in because if an indy gets in the Top 6 they are automaticall in [/b]+ Oregon sucks.

1192697[/snapback]

Not enough to lose to OU though :D

In other words... like htey pointed out on the selection show... there are no "at large" teams. Everyone got in automatically. Sorry Oregon fans.

And how can you say that Ohio State doesn't deserve to be there. Compare Ohio State, Notre dame, and Oregon, the last 3 teams being analyzed... the Buckeyes opponents winning percentage was almost. .600 while Oregons was just over .500 and Notre Dames was below .500.

Notre Dame has been ranked way to hgh for a team that lost to a bowl-less michigan state team, and the best team they beat was 7-4 Michigan. Oregon isn't much better. The Ducks got killed by USC when USC decided they wanted to play.

Virginia Tech proved there worth in the ACC Championship game. They ain't worth much. Florida State STILL sucks and Penn State will stomp them.

I think we can all agree that the Big East doesn't deserve to have a Automatic BCS spot.

Well I guess Michigan got what they deserved, a crappy bowl game,How Iowa aced

Michigan out for the Outback is beyond me, But it is what it is. Hopefully we can represent the big ten well. If I was Michigan, I wouldnt accept the offer, I would rather stay home, then to even bother going. Its a waste of money, time and effort.

My guess is, Michigan will lose this game, they wont show up, whats there to play for, nothing. Iowa and Northwestern both get ranked teams, 2 teams Michigan beat on there home field. Its hard to beleive, MIchigan doesnt travel well, but I guess, alot of fans and alum are disappointed, Im just sick about it.

Edited by GOB1

Drop the co-Champions BS,  Penn St and Ohio St both had 1 loss in conference but Penn St won that game, so they should be the Champs, nto some queer Co-Champion.

1192649[/snapback]

Agreed.

chiefjay... you do realize that Penn State, and Penn State ONLY got the automatic bid for the BCS don't you, and that Ohio State got an automatic bid because they finished in the TOP 4 of the BCS, and it has nothing to do with the fact that they are co-champions right? I'm sure you do.

As for Michigan heading to Alamo. I feel sorry for Michigan. I really do. A couple things happened from what I read. #1 the Alamo Bowl was REALLY wanting Michigan so they can have the Michigan-Nebraska match up. #2 Outback Bowl felt that with Michigans disappointing season, that Iowa fans would travel better. No reason to go against that since the state of Iowa has taken over the STate of Florida the last 3 years in bowl games. #3 and perhaps most importantly... the 2004 Outback Bowl with Iowa-Florida had much better ratings than the 2003 Outback Bowl with Michigan-Florida. There is just a lack of interest in a Michigan-Florida game. Personally... beating Florida again doesn't do anything for me. I honestly was getting kind of excited at the possibility of playing Nebraska in the Alamo Bowl, but what in the world can ya do? I'm not gonna complain about the way it turned out, because clearly, playing on January 2nd is much better than playing on December 28th, but the Alamo Bowl isn't the worst place to be. You get to go to San Antonio which I here is great for the fans. You get to showcase your team in Texas, which is a recruiting hotbed, and the game itself, is probably the 2nd or 3rd best Non January Bowl game. Peach Bowl, and Holiday Bowl might be the only 2 games that are better.

So I feel your pain G0B1, but winners of the Alamo Bowl have done pretty well in recent years the following year. Iowa went 8-0 in the Big Ten in 2002 after beating Texas Tech in the Alamo Bowl, and Ohio State is in a BCS Bowl game after humiliating Oklahoma State in last years game. So although 2005 might have been a major disappointment for Michigan fans, the future is looking pretty good.

You may be right, who knows. Its more of the day were playing, then anything to me. My family for years, have had New years day partys, and MIchigan football is a big part of that. Its kinda a joke, how there trying to spin, the 97 matchup that never was. What the duck!!! I cant imagine, MIchigan getting up for this game. Theyll probably lay an egg. Oh well, I still have my lions. NOT

Ohio State is in because they got in automatically due to there #4 ranking in the BCS, not because they are "co-champion". Notre Dame got in because if an indy gets in the Top 6 they are automaticall in + Oregon sucks.

1192697[/snapback]

Oregon would absolutely DESTROY the Iowa Hawkeyes. Way TOO much team speed :D for the big farmer boys to handle! :D

I must say that I a bit disappointed that we have had such a great season and were within a shade of being undeafeted losing on the last play of the Michigan game and our reward is a date with the worst team in the BCS with a 8-4 FSU team. :D

The coach matchup is the only thing appealing about this pairing and I would have much preferred a PSU vs. ND matchup in the Fiesta Bowl that would have been a very good game. So OSU gets that better game and we get the #22 ranked Seminoles. :D

I am glad that we are going to a top bowl, but I was hoping for a top game against ND, VT or Miami, etc. and we get a team that has lost 4 games and really didn't deserve to be there.

Good points, PSUL.  Not sure why Fiesta wanted ND v. Ohio St instead of you guys; but don't overlook FSU like VaTech did...

1194101[/snapback]

If the Fiesta chose PSU, they would have been stuck with PSU vs W Va. Couldn't have PSU vs OSU again.

These bowls are getting as bad as March Madness. Trying to match up good storeys etcc... Joepa BobbyB It should be called Old fart bowl.com. Look at MIchigan/Neb, there talking about 97. Thats like 8-9 years guys, get with the program.

Well, in the "compelling matchup" category, Northwestern vs UCLA should be fun to watch. My advice would be to bet the over unless they set it at 80 or so - and they might have to.

Good points, PSUL.  Not sure why Fiesta wanted ND v. Ohio St instead of you guys; but don't overlook FSU like VaTech did...

1194101[/snapback]

No, I don't think that the Lions will overlook FSU since they will be preparing for them. I am also very happy to be playing in early January since be have been wandering in the desert for the past 5 - 10 years. Just a little disappointed that we get back a better opponent since FSU wasn't even ranked until their upset of VT.