[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pork Loin recipes

untateve

I'm looking for something different to do with pork loin. Yes, I can cook it on the Egg and it's delicious, but I want something new.

Any interesting stuffing, prep (i.e., marinade, rub, etc). Easy is good, but I'm not afraid of complicated recipes.

are there any influences/flavors you don't like?  i gravitate toward asian/pacific rim, but know quite a few different ways to go.

1192404[/snapback]

I'm relatively wide open. I plan on doing 2-3 for Christmas and I want to do something different than my typical smoking of the pork loin.

Feel free to offer up any and all ideas.

I'm relatively wide open.  I plan on doing 2-3 for Christmas and I want to do something different than my typical smoking of the pork loin.

Feel free to offer up any and all ideas.

1192436[/snapback]

ok.... i'll dig up a couple of my favorites.... i have some decent glazes and marinades. i usually grill and finish in the oven. give me a little bit (tomorrow at the latest).

#1. caribbean influenced.

pre-heat oven to 375. rub loin with an infused oil if you have one (if not, evo is fine). season loin lightly with S&P. sear each side. roast in over until the loin reaches 155-160 (in roasting pan).

1 C packed brown sugar

2 tbs dark rum

1 tsp minced garlic

2 tsp ground ginger

2 bay leaves

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper

1/2 tsp ground cloves

1/2 C chicken broth

1/4 C light rum

1 tbs flour

1/4 C fresh lime juice

mix sugar, d. rum, garlic, bay leaves, S&P, and cloves. stir to form a paste. spread evenly on cooked loin. return to oven for about 6 min.... until it is nicely glazed. remove from oven and cover w/ foil.

transfer liquid from roasting pan to a saute pan or pot. heat over medium heat. add broth and l. rum. bring that to a boil. sprinkle w/ flour...whisk to thinken. hea tto boil agan whisking the whole time. add lime juice...bring back to boil.... until it reaches thickness you want.

#2. Asian influenced

brine:

4 C water

1/3 C kosher salt

1/3 C brown sugar

1 tbs dark soy

2 tbs roasted peppercorns (two different kinds would be ideal)

4 1/4 inch slices of fresh ginger

2 tbs sambal oelek (or chili garlic sauce)

juice of a lime

this should just cover the loin. if not add some more water. cover and refrigerate overnight.

preheat over to 375. rinse loin thoroughly in cold water. pat dry.

rub with some oil.. season w/ S&P. sear all sides. in roasting pan, cook until it's about 145-150.

1 1/2 unseasoned bread crumbs

1/4 C finely chopped macadamia nuts

1/2 C lingonberry or huckleberry jelly

8 tbs softened butter (1 stick)

1 tbs minced parsley

2 tsp paprika

mix well..... coat the loin with this mixture... return to oven and cook until 155-160.

serve with:

2 C diced pineapple

3 C diced papaya

1/2 C ground cherries (or chopped dry cherries)

6 tbs sugar

fresh mint, chopped

1/8 tsp wasabi powder (or to taste)

in saucepan mix everything except mint. bring to boil... then turn heat down and simmer for about an hour (until "jammie")...stir every 5 min. Cool. stir in mint........

I'll rub a tenderloin with coarse salt, cracked black pepper, cumin, fresh rosemary and thyme and chopped garlic. Marinate in Worcestershire sauce overnight and cook it just past medium rare on the grill. The cumin with the rosemary and thyme go great together. :D