[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas V S.C.

Mojo20

Just wondered what people thought about this matchup?

All-Time classic or blow out stinker?

Think 2002 OSU vs. UM or Nebraska's dismatling of the Gators.

1193646[/snapback]

Or last year's dismantling of OU by USC? :D

I hope the fact that UT faced inferior competition all year doesn't set them up for hugh failure like OU last year.

Go 'horns.

USC 38 Texas 20

Vince Young will make some amazing plays, but the vaunted Texas D gets exposed by the unstoppable Trojan offense.

People talk about how bad USC's defense is. I say let them talk all they want, because when you give Pete Carroll a month to prepare, the result is not favorable for his opponent. Texas can't stop USC. USC CAN AND WILL stop Texas. BANK ON IT. I just hope all you Texas fans don't go into hibernation like the Jokelahoma fans did last year.

USC 38 Texas 20

Texas can't stop USC. USC CAN AND WILL stop Texas. BANK ON IT. I just hope all you Texas fans don't go into hibernation like the Jokelahoma fans did last year.

1193717[/snapback]

Now that it is official, and USC made it in, are you ready to make a wager, or are you just going to continue to run your mouth?

This'll be a classic: the Defending Rose Bowl Champions vs The Defending National Champions.

I don't see the defensive advantage the USC has, according to Brian. They haven't seen a qb like Young this year, and Texas' D is pretty stingy and won't look a thing like UCLA's, if you can even call that 'defense.'

This'll be a classic: the Defending Rose Bowl Champions vs The Defending National Champions.

I don't see the defensive advantage the USC has, according to Brian. They haven't seen a qb like Young this year, and Texas' D is pretty stingy and won't look a thing like UCLA's, if you can even call that 'defense.'

1193920[/snapback]

Agreed. With great ahtletes all over the place, coaching/prep/game adjustments will be key. We know how good Carroll's coaches are in big games; let's see how Mack's guys do...

Agreed.  With great ahtletes all over the place, coaching/prep/game adjustments will be key.  We know how good Carroll's coaches are in big games; let's see how Mack's guys do...

1194081[/snapback]

An interesting point was made at work today, up to last year, most all of Brown's staff have been clearly "Brown's Guys". Last year he brings in Greg Robinson (under pressure), and then when Robinson takes a head job, Brown replaces him with Chizick. I thank these two guys were very important to getting UT over the hump.

People tend to forget where Gene came from also, I think he will be the key to the game. Texas will score on USC, and if Chizik and work his magic and stop USC from putting up 30+, Texas will win the game. You have to realize this guy was with Auburn and has wanted USC since last year, and this Texas defense is better. He will be prepared, or at least ready to make some adjustments and I can't WAIT to see it.

Texas 31

USC 27

:shrugs: I would also like to add that I know Mack is a choke artist, but I think the team is actually carrying him this year on raw talent. In our Austin paper, Michael Griffin stated that he didn't even hear the play or know what was going on during that blocked punt so he just decided to block it....things like that kind of scare me. I think Vince will carry the team and Mack will get credit(which I believe he doesn't deserve so much as the pure talent on this team) if Texas wins.

People tend to forget where Gene came from also, I think he will be the key to the game. Texas will score on USC, and if Chizik and work his magic and stop USC from putting up 30+, Texas will win the game. You have to realize this guy was with Auburn and has wanted USC since last year, and this Texas defense is better. He will be prepared, or at least ready to make some adjustments and I can't WAIT to see it.

Texas  31

USC 27

:shrugs: I would also like to add that I know Mack is a choke artist, but I think the team is actually carrying him this year on raw talent. In our Austin paper, Michael Griffin stated that he didn't even hear the play or know what was going on during that blocked punt so he just decided to block it....things like that kind of scare me. I think Vince will carry the team and Mack will get credit(which I believe he doesn't deserve so much as the pure talent on this team) if Texas wins.

1196002[/snapback]

Was Chizik "the man" when USC went down there a couple years ago and spanked Auburn 31-0? :D

Was Chizik "the man" when USC went down there a couple years ago and spanked Auburn 31-0?  :D

1196514[/snapback]

Wait a sec - don't blame that on him. Auburn's O sucked so bad the D was on the field all night, and no one can beat USC if that happens. And I thought it ended up 23-0. I remember that one well: Leinart's first ever pass as the starter was for a TD. Nice start...now let's see how he finishes on 1/4...

Was Chizik "the man" when USC went down there a couple years ago and spanked Auburn 31-0?  :D

1196514[/snapback]

Yep that was the year Auburn was undefeated and wanted in the title game...and had 2 runningbacks go into the NFL.. :D

USC's defense has been good when it has needed to be. Keep in mind... it's not like the Pac 10's offenses are bad either. And USC can score on anyone... ANYONE. I said this before, you need a killer d like a 2002 Ohio State, or a 2000 Oklahoma, to have a shot at stopping this Trojan offense. Sorry, Texas hasn't done anything this year to suggest that they are anywhere near as good as those 2 previous national champions on defense. At least nothing to me. I know the Texas homers think beating a high school equivalent Colorado team 70-3 makes them a great defense, so maybe I'm just out to lunch. Then again... I was out to lunch last year when I suggested that Chokelahoma hadn't faced anyone in the chump Big 12 and look what happened to them.

Texas 45 USC 37.  Texas has been averaging over 40 points per game, and USC's defense isn't exactly good.  While I would give a slight edge to USC in offense, I give a considerable edge to Texas in Defense.

1198666[/snapback]

Texas & USC both averaged over 50/game. Your 'advantage' comments makes it sound like the 2 Ds play each other. Maybe what you're saying is that Texas' D is so good they can hold USC's O to X # of yards and 13 points below their average. How many yards do you suppose that USC will get - 300, 400, 500?

Your vaunted D has not seen an O-line like ours all year, nor WRs that block downfield like ours; and I'd say our D hasn't seen an O-line like yours either. The play of our FBs and TEs will be our wildcard, while your ace is obviously VY's scrambling.

I say 41-31 Trojans. VY gets 2 in the air and 1 on the ground, plus your RB gets 1, + 1 FG. Leinart gets 2 in the air, White gets 1, Bush gets 2, + 2 FGs - unless you block one...

And I look forward to seeing your contrite backpedaling after the game about USC's D. Who has the country's #1 takeaway margin? Not your guys, and with your schedule you should've averaged +3.0/game...

Agreed.  With great ahtletes all over the place, coaching/prep/game adjustments will be key.  We know how good Carroll's coaches are in big games; let's see how Mack's guys do...

1194081[/snapback]

Carroll's coaches good in big games????? Last time I really watched an SC game was verses ND, when one of the "Good" coaches was out of the coaches box down around the 4-5 yard line asking for a timeout they didn't have. Granted the requesting of a timeout with none left in Coll FB is no penalty, but the coach being out of the box was............. Lets hope if it comes to this again that the ref's get it right!!!!!!