[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's a good thing ...

KevinL

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see the debate if we had that many 1 loss teams. Each team would have had a legit argument.

USC is still the 2 time defending national champion

Texas would have lost very early in the year

Penn State lost on sketchy terms

Ohio State lost a close one to Penn State but would have beaten Texas

Notre Dame would have beaten the 2 time defending champs

and lets not forget about Oregon whose only loss would still be to the 2 time defending champs.

Of course if Auburns kicker coulda just made ONE of those 5 fg's against LSU, you could add another one to that list. Who would go? Man that woulda been great actually. So probably 3 plays coulda completely changed the landscape of college football this year, so the BCS DID get VERY lucky.

I would love to see the debate if we had that many 1 loss teams. Each team would have had a legit argument.

1220057[/snapback]

And if we had an 8 team playoff, from December 3 to January 3 this board would be full of fans from the 9th place team posting over and over again why thier team got screwed, while the rest of us spent the time watchinhg 4 weeks and 7 games of the best college football ever.

And if we had an 8 team playoff, from December 3 to January 3 this board would be full of fans from the 9th place team posting over and over again why thier team got screwed, while the rest of us spent the time watchinhg 4 weeks and 7 games of the best college football ever.

1220539[/snapback]

+1

I still like the D2 playoff format the best. Top 24 teams make it, with the Top 8 receiving first round byes. For D2, it's regionalized which might not work as well for D1, but I think it could be incorporated into the current bowl format. It would be much like college b-ball at at March Madness where the elite teams are rewarded with games closer to home.

I ramble... probably good for another topic-starter.

Junkyard

I still like the D2 playoff format the best. Top 24 teams make it, with the Top 8 receiving first round byes. For D2, it's regionalized which might not work as well for D1, but I think it could be incorporated into the current bowl format. It would be much like college b-ball at at March Madness where the elite teams are rewarded with games closer to home.

I ramble... probably good for another topic-starter.

Junkyard

1230796[/snapback]

This would not work in D-I, because unlike D-II these kids are STUDENT athletes and unable to miss that much time from class. They are also football players and not BB players and need to put their studies first.