[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Advice

rew70

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay Rew , here is my problem this week ..need help and let me know what you think based on below ----

first week of playoffs ...my team is set except for my # 3 WR

choices not deep ..so here we go :

1. Koren Robinson - nice game vs Lions and review is they expect him to be involved in the offense more however playing the Rams should mean alot of running the ball as Rams even more miserable at stopping run than the pass

2. Eric Parker - Problem is SD has alot of weapons before him with LDT , Gates , etc ..Parker has scored in 2 of 3 last games but my fear is if he does not score his numbers are below average at best

3. Nortcutt - not an attractive play but wondering if Frye will throw to him this week now that Braylon edwards done for year and Cleveland very likely playing from behind vs Bengals this weekend ( Big Ben lit up the Bengal defense last week )

of these 3 above i need to start 1 ...WDIS and why ?

1197705[/snapback]

Ok, let's see.

I'm going to say KRob. Frye is a rookie and once Edwards went down, so did his numbers. Cincy has something to prove and their defense is getting better each week. Personally I don' think Cleveland has much of a chance in this game. Don't like his prospects at all.

Parker is hit or miss and could be involved more depending on how LT handles the rib injury. Something tells me he'll be fine but monitor injury reports. If he's less than average then SD will have to throw more and Parker will benefit.

However I said KRob and sticking to it. They normally have high scoring games with STL. Game will be inside and Johnson seems to have built some confidence in him. His talent as always been there, it's just getting his head screwed on right. he may have found his niche in MIN with BJ at the helm. look for him to do some damage to the STL secondary. He poses a big matchup problem with his size and he should be able to benefit from that.

Good Luck!!

Edited by rew70

where do you see me and whoop being the same person..

when you come up with a logical un-proven reason that we are not different people...come talk to me..until then take your little headset using a$$ and go make some more useless IDP threads

1197732[/snapback]

:D For starters, because you talk similarily, you use the same avatar and sigline patterns. :D

Rew,

First round of playoffs for myself as well.  My lineup is set with the exception of my RB2.  Here are my choices:

J.Jones vs. KC

C.Brown vs. Hou

S.Gado vs. Det

Which do you run & why?  Thank you very much!!

1197739[/snapback]

Hey Splotch,

All of these are pretty tasty matchups and any of them should suit you well, but let's dig in and find the best one.

I'm going to focus on Gado and C. Brown and eliminate Jones. Not sold on the DAL running game and JJ and Barber are battling each other for carries and that's to no one's benefit.

Brown and Gado should do fairly the same thing with the edge going to Brown due to matchup. I think that Houston gives up0 more yards and is more likely to continue that trend this week. I think both will gain around 80-90 yds on the ground and 20-30 through the air and each should find the endzone. The kicker for me is that I think Gado is fumble prone and favre is Favre and likes to throw, taking away from gado. I think Brown gives you the better chance at points for this week. Houston just cannot stop anyone running or passing.

Good luck!

:D For starters, because you talk similarily, you use the same avatar and sigline patterns. :D

1197785[/snapback]

I was waiting to hear your opinion on this matter. Any chance that this jimmy is OiA? I just looked over some of your posts Rew, looks like you know your stuff.

I was waiting to hear your opinion on this matter.  Any chance that this jimmy is OiA?  I just looked over some of your posts Rew, looks like you know your stuff.

1197803[/snapback]

I'm playing Switerland and staying out of this. Just want to talk football. I'm a big junkie for the game and all it involves so just trying to pass on some knowledge and help a few folks out best I can. Thanks for the props.

Edited by rew70

I'm playing Switerland and staying out of this.  Just want to talk football.  I'm a big junkie for the game and all it involves so just trying to pass on some knowledge and help a few folks out best I can. Thanks for the props.

1197820[/snapback]

:D

We won't hold against you the fact that you're a Raider fan... :D

You think Collins is coming back next season? Think they'd give Tui a shot at the starter job from day 1? He seems better fit for the offense (more like Culpepper... that is, more mobile and able to huck it down to Moss). Thoughts?

We won't hold against you the fact that you're a Raider fan... :D

You think Collins is coming back next season?  Think they'd give Tui a shot at the starter job from day 1?  He seems better fit for the offense (more like Culpepper... that is, more mobile and able to huck it down to Moss).  Thoughts?

1197830[/snapback]

A Raider fan from birth, thanks Dad! been watching since the 70's through the ups and downs. But I gigress. From what I gather Collins most likely will not be back next year. And frankly Norv may not be either. His fumble problems and lack of production are a big part, but mainly it's his contract and what he'll cost against the cap that will give him the bus ticket we fans so want.

He has a good arm but zero mobility and just can't hold onto the ball and get the offense going. Seems like everytime they begin to get a drive going, he somehow screws it up. bad play calling and bad execution=bye bye coach and QB.

Edited by rew70

wow..talk alike..hm..herm?

avatar? when have i ever had the same avy as whoop for 1..for 2 sigline patterns? GET REAL!!!! for 3..whot he Fu4y984-&$( shieeet is your dumba$$ ?

1197828[/snapback]

You're a (the really bad word)ing idiot. :D

Wow, what a bizarre thread...

Anyway REW so far looking good with the advice, keep up the good work!

What do you think of Lee Evans v NE this week? I am trying to pick him up, he's still floating around in one of my leagues. If I cant get him, would you recommend KRobinson or should I Just Say No to that whole Vikes mess?

Thanks! :D

No problem, good to see another Virginia guy in this joint.

1197909[/snapback]

Ditto...this has been an interesting thread...sorry the guys have tried to hijack it...would love to ask a question about my playoff lineup, but it wont matter...UNLESS JAMAL LEWIS GROWS A PAIR OF STONES.

Okay Mr. Free Advice Guy; here's what we got. Must win this week to make post season:

QB: Hasselbeck or Warner

RB: LT Starting. Who to start with him:

Ronnie Brown

Moats

Mike Anderson

WR: Pick 2

Galloway

R Moss

D Bennett

Joe J

M Robinson

L Evans

TE: Cooley or Hilton

PK: Peterson, Akers, Edinger or that new guy in AZ.

DT: GB, Buffalo, Jets or Detroit

Wow, what a bizarre thread...

Anyway REW so far looking good with the advice, keep up the good work!

What do you think of Lee Evans v NE this week? I am trying to pick him up, he's still floating around in one of my leagues. If I cant get him, would you recommend KRobinson or should I Just Say No to that whole Vikes mess?

Thanks! :D

1197913[/snapback]

Yes, it has turned into a very bizarre thread. Oh well....

Maybe I'm one of the few, but I actually drafted KRob for just this situation. I dropped him when I needed immediate help at other positions, but will pick him back up this week. Like I said earlier, he has all the talent if he could get his head screwed on right. I think BJ has confidence in him and will continue to get him the ball. Burleson has been a major disappointment and KRob is stepping up at just the right time. I think he has a real good week against the STL secondary.

As for Evans, he's another very good WR that just needs an opportunity. He may have found something with Losman, but I'm not sold on JP just yet. NE and BUF typically play a low scoring game and depending on the weather, I don't see why history won't repeat itself. I mean maybe he has another good game but how many good games has JP strung together? Not many, if any. meanwhile BJ is undefeated as the starter and they are on a 5 game winning streak and playing struggling STL inside. I smell a shootout brewing there and KRob should see significant action.

Good Luck!

Ditto...this has been an interesting  thread...sorry the guys have tried to hijack it...would love to ask a question about my playoff lineup, but it wont matter...UNLESS JAMAL LEWIS GROWS A PAIR OF STONES.

1197919[/snapback]

How disappointing has jamal been. I sure thought he was going to have a breakout year as did many others. I feel your pain there.

Went to school in Virginia, loved it there. A lot of good times  :D

1197917[/snapback]

The University of Richmond is an excellent school. My little brother is looking at their law school. My fraternity was founded there (Sig Ep) as well. I have a lot of ties to William & Mary so I hope he ends up there.

Okay Mr. Free Advice Guy; here's what we got. Must win this week to make post season:

QB: Hasselbeck or Warner

RB: LT Starting. Who to start with him:

Ronnie Brown

Moats

Mike Anderson

WR: Pick 2

Galloway

R Moss

D Bennett

Joe J

M Robinson

L Evans

TE: Cooley or Hilton

PK: Peterson, Akers, Edinger or that new guy in AZ.

DT: GB, Buffalo, Jets or Detroit

1197921[/snapback]

I don't think you can pass up the chance for your QB to play SF. SF is terrible on the road and will be ripe for the picking. Go with Hass at QB. ARZ is still ARZ and Washington poses a tough matchup for them.

Anderson at RB. You don't want any Eagle offensive player and the G-men will pose problems for Moats. RB shares with Bong Williams and you never know from week to week who has the better game and besides SD is pretty tough against the run but not so much against the pass.

You have some decent matchups at Wr, but I'm going to say Galloway and Bennett. Jurevicius will be a nice play if DJax is out. You'll have to monitor that. But Galloway is the main man there and is always dangerous for a long TD and he should get about 90 yds and a score this week. Houston cannot stop anyone so Bennett should have no trouble with his size to get good yards and a score there. I look for around 70-80 yards and a score out of him, maybe more. Moss is mired in QB hell and MRob is giving way to KRob and Evans will be playing in a typically low scoring game.

Cooley at TE. He's a safety blanket for Brunell and MB looks his way often. As TEs go, he's a good one to have.

I like Edinger in the dome for your Kicker. Peterson is solid, Akers won't get the chances. PE in a high scoring game.

And finally I actually like GB this week against a woeful Detroit team.

Good luck!

The University of Richmond is an excellent school.  My little brother is looking at their law school.  My fraternity was founded there (Sig Ep) as well.  I have a lot of ties to William & Mary so I hope he ends up there.

1197939[/snapback]

You must be some kind of mind reader :D

U of R has a very good law school, of course so does Williams and Mary...another excellent school; he cant go wrong with either one :D

You must be some kind of mind reader  :D

U of R has a very good law school, of course so does Williams and Mary...another excellent school; he cant go wrong with either one  :D

1197956[/snapback]

I'll second that and I'll let rew get back to spilling his knowledge.

You must be some kind of mind reader  :D

U of R has a very good law school, of course so does Williams and Mary...another excellent school; he cant go wrong with either one  :D

1197956[/snapback]

Have family that went to UofR law school so I'm partial plus they had a great year in football!!