[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yo

Hugh 0ne

Sorry I didn't get to a lot of questions last week, but this week should be better. Also, if you have any IDP related questions, search for Darin3's thread, he drops some serious IDP knowledge.

Fire away. :D

Keep 'em short and sweet. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh-  Need one.

Roy Williams @ GB

Horn @ ATL

R. Smith vs. BALT.

1198429[/snapback]

Man, I hate all options that have anything to do with Detroit. I bench Roy Williams on principal alone. The entire Detroit team is a mess, no pass protection, horrible play calling, the WR's drop tons of balls and just seem generally disinterested.

Horn has sucked. Plain and simple. I just think he's too big of a risk. Atlanta's pass defense is decent, not great, but until Horn starts producing again, or has a terrific matchup, I think you bench him.

I guess that leaves you with Smith. Probably your best option here, the safest for sure.

Hey Hugh,

Should I start Corey Dillon as my RB2 over Steven Jackson the rest of the way? I've seen Jackson get completely shut down by average run defenses in two of the last three weeks and I'm getting nervous. Dillon isn't spectacular, but at least he's steady. What do you think?

Thanks!

Morning Hugh One!

WDIS? Pick one!

Bennett v Hou

Glenn v KC

Will S Jackson bounce back some against the Vikes this week? Last Sunday he was brutal...

Thanks!  :D

1198450[/snapback]

I wouldn't hold my breath on SJax, the Vikes have been playing well against the run, and I'd expect to see that continue. Best case scenario: 60 yards, and a TD.

Love the Bennett matchup, I think he'll have a HUGH game, 90 yards and a TD. Start him.

Terry Glenn is Mr. Inconsistency. Nice matchup, but is a bigger risk than Bennett here. Bennett all the way.

Hey Hugh,

Should I start Corey Dillon as my RB2 over Steven Jackson the rest of the way?  I've seen Jackson get completely shut down by average run defenses in two of the last three weeks and I'm getting nervous.  Dillon isn't spectacular, but at least he's steady.  What do you think?

Thanks!

1198457[/snapback]

With those two guys, I'd play the matchup, I wouldn't make a decision to start one the rest of the way now.

This week: Pretty much a toss up. Buffalo's good against the run at home, and the Vikes have been very good against the run on their recent winning streak. I'd slightly favor Dillon here, just because he was more succesful last week and hope the trend continues.

Pick 1 at TE (we get 1 pt per TE reception)

Scaife vs Houston (had 6 for 53 with Kinney out last week and Kinney's out again)

Heap at Denver

Also # 3 WR behind Holt and CJ.

Evans vs NE

Porter at NYJ (Tui at QB)

Jurevicius vs SF (only if DJax misses again)

Leaning to Evans.

Playoffs so obviously must win. The rest of my team is below.

Thanks Hugh

Edited by giantsfan

Pick 1 at TE (we get 1 pt per TE reception)

Scaife vs Houston (had 6 for 53 with Kinney out last week and Kinney's out again)

Heap at Denver

Also # 3 WR behind Holt and CJ.

Evans vs NE

Porter at NYJ (Tui at QB)

Jurevicius vs SF (only if DJax misses again)

Leaning to Evans.

Playoffs so obviously must win. The rest of my team is below.

Thanks Hugh

1198500[/snapback]

Big Bo's got a nice matchup, but I think I'd lean towards Heap, he's probably a slightly safer play.

Losman likes Evans, so it's tempting to start him, especially against on of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

Like you mentioned, Porter is a question mark with the new QB, so I'd stay away for sure.

Even with DJax back, I'd bench JJ. They're going to "run" away with this game, and aside from Engram, I don't see the other WR's being worth a shot.

Evans is your best bet, just don't expect another 3 TD performance, be happy with 90 yards and 1 TD.

Brunell @ ARI or Bledsoe v KC

and

Jordan @ NYJ or Bennett v STL(see note)

I like QBs at home versus away but KC has now taken down NE and DEN and looks to be rolling. LJ will run enough to keep Bledsoe throwing though. Brunell goes to ARI and if ARI can move the ball as they have been Brunell will not be handing to Portis every down in the second half. They have also committed to Moss getting more action.

Lamont in NYJ with the second most pathetic team, yes I'm from Detroit and we're #1 or Bennett assuming Moores' injury sits him.

Hey Hugh,

Made playoffs in 12 team local (11-2), have bye this week, standard scoring with bonus for +300/100 yds. (*starter)

QB: *Brunell, Favre

RB: *Alexander, *S.Jackson, Caddy, D.Rhodes

WR:*C.Johnson, *Driver, *TJ Housh, Glenn, Curtis

TE: *Crumpler

D: Giants

K: Akers (dropping for Keading)

With the chance Alexander sits do I grab Morris? If so do I drop Rhodes or Curtis? Rhodes although he may never play for me keeps him off anothers roster, but there's a chance Mungro sees action as well. Curtis is my 5th WR but he's ranked hight than some other teams starters, although the QB situation in STL hurts his value.

Another issue is that I heard Driver was banged up and will be kept out of practice.

Available WR are: Chatman, Givens, TTaylor, Gaffney, Hall, Northcutt, Hackett, KRob

So do I get Morris and for whom (Rhodes, Curtis) and do I drop the other one for Hall.

Thanks again!!!

Alright Hugh...here are a few questions...

I've slipped from 1st to 4th over a 4 week span, but the difference in points is really close, I'm looking for a come back.

we get \\

1pt/carry

1pt/completion

2pts/reception

1pt/2yards rushing/recieving

1pt/7yards passing

6pts/td

I'm looking for the biggest value for my line up

currently I'm starting

QB: Palmer

WR: Andre Johnson; S. Smith

RB: Deshaun Foster;Lamont Jordan

TE: R. McMichael (Both Tennesee TE's are on WW as well as Hilton)

WR/RB: Julius Jones

What would you change? Would you pick up any of those tight ends?

Once again I have lost another player to injury for the rest of the season!

I need to pick up a RB- There is not much to pick from. Any suggestions of who you would suggest to pick up of this group is greatly appreciated.

Performance League scoring

A. Smith

Barlow

C. Taylor

Arrington

Pittman

Bennett

back-up for Philly

Any sleepers??

Help! I am in the playoffs- I currently have McGahee and Gado on my team but need to pick up another RB for obvious reasons.

Brunell @ ARI or Bledsoe v KC

and

Jordan @ NYJ or Bennett v STL(see note)

I like QBs at home versus away but KC has now taken down NE and DEN and looks to be rolling. LJ will run enough to keep Bledsoe throwing though. Brunell goes to ARI and if ARI can move the ball as they have been Brunell will not be handing to Portis every down in the second half.  They have also committed to Moss getting more action.

Lamont in NYJ with the second most pathetic team, yes I'm from Detroit and we're #1 or Bennett assuming Moores' injury sits him.

1198554[/snapback]

I think Bledsoe's the pretty obvious choice here. Brunell needs a fork, because he's done. 150-something yards against the Rams? Pretty terrible. Probably more of the same this week. Bledsoe hasn't exactly been ripping it up, but he's a much better option.

Bennett might be a slightly better option, if he plays, if he stays healthy, and if Tice doesn't f*ck something up. Start Jordan. Looks like Moore may go anyway.

Alright Hugh...here are a few questions...

I've slipped from 1st to 4th over a 4 week span, but the difference in points is really close, I'm looking for a come back.

we get \\

1pt/carry

1pt/completion

2pts/reception

1pt/2yards rushing/recieving

1pt/7yards passing

6pts/td

I'm looking for the biggest value for my line up

currently I'm starting

QB: Palmer

WR: Andre Johnson; S. Smith

RB: Deshaun Foster;Lamont Jordan

TE: R. McMichael (Both Tennesee TE's are on WW as well as Hilton)

WR/RB: Julius Jones

What would you change?  Would you pick up any of those tight ends?

1198581[/snapback]

Wouldn't change a thing. Even if you pick up Evans, I'd keep it as is.

Once again I have lost another player to injury for the rest of the season! 

I need to pick up a RB- There is not much to pick from. Any suggestions of who you would suggest to pick up of this group is greatly appreciated.

Performance League scoring

A. Smith

Barlow

C. Taylor

Arrington

Pittman

Bennett

back-up for Philly

Any sleepers??

Help! I am in the playoffs- I currently have McGahee and Gado on my team but need to pick up another RB for obvious reasons.

1198591[/snapback]

That all sucks. From top to bottom. All have downside, some have upside.

Smith - RBBC w/ Stecker

Barlow - sucks, and RBBC w/ Gore

Taylor - RBBC w/ Lewis

Arrington - RBBC w/ Shipp

Pittman - backup, not an option at all

Bennett - Never know what Tice will do, but Moore's the starter. If Moore, who is dinged up this week can't go, Bennett would be a good option, at least for a week.

Moats - Well, Philly is in trouble. They can't throw, and couldn't run before Westbrook went down, so Moats probably isn't a good option, and will probably be in a RBBC with Gordon.

Bennett if Moore is out, otherwise Smith I guess.

Hugh, WDIS (pick 1):

Favre v. DET

Garrard v. IND

Losman v. NE

I'd think Favre if there was no thought, but he's stunk the last half of the season.

1198616[/snapback]

Ouch.

Forget Garrard this week, but he's got great matchups the rest of the way, so hold on to him.

Losman is an intersting option against a week secondary, but I think he's risky. Favre's the right play here.

Hey Hugh,

Made playoffs in 12 team local (11-2), have bye this week, standard scoring with bonus for +300/100 yds. (*starter)

QB: *Brunell, Favre

RB: *Alexander, *S.Jackson, Caddy, D.Rhodes

WR:*C.Johnson, *Driver, *TJ Housh, Glenn, Curtis

TE: *Crumpler

D: Giants

K: Akers (dropping for Keading)

With the chance Alexander sits do I grab Morris? If so do I drop Rhodes or Curtis? Rhodes although he may never play for me keeps him off anothers roster, but there's a chance Mungro sees action as well. Curtis is my 5th WR but he's ranked hight than some other teams starters, although the QB situation in STL hurts his value.

Another issue is that I heard Driver was banged up and will be kept out of practice. 

Available WR are: Chatman, Givens, TTaylor, Gaffney, Hall, Northcutt, Hackett, KRob

So do I get Morris and for whom (Rhodes, Curtis) and do I drop the other one for Hall.

Thanks again!!!

1198558[/snapback]

Grab Morris and drop Curtis. With Holt and Bruce back, Curtis is useless, especially with Fitz at QB.

Start Driver against the Lions, he'll be fine and get you a TD.