[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chianti help

Brewer

A friend's father in-law let us hunt on his property this past Monday. Great day. He let us use his ATV and UTV so that we didn't have to haul ours over there. As a bonus, we were able to fill all of our tags.

As a way of saying thanks, I am having some sausage, etc made from some of the deer which I will give to him. He is also a big Chianti drinker. I, on the other hand, know very little about Chianti. Therefore, I am looking for some recommendations for a nice Chianti to give to him. (And I will probably pick some up for myself :D ). Little help please? :D

Not sure how much you want to spend, but the Banfi Chianti Classico Riserva is good (and can be had for $15-$20).

Antinori and Ruffino make some good wines at somewhat higher prices that are widely available.

1206204[/snapback]

Thanks Wiegie. I'll check the State store for them on Monday.

Thanks Wiegie.  I'll check the State store for them on Monday.

1206221[/snapback]

Note that Ruffino also makes a cheap wine (not that it is bad, I just wouldn't call it "nice").

Regardless with what you go with, I would get a Chianti Classico at least, and consider upgrading to Chianti Classico Riserva.

Note that Ruffino also makes a cheap wine (not that it is bad, I just wouldn't call it "nice"). 

Regardless with what you go with, I would get a Chianti Classico at least, and consider upgrading to Chianti Classico Riserva.

1206224[/snapback]

I will look for a Classico Riserva, and use the Classico as a fall back. :D

Brewer, I would talk to your friend and find out what his father drinks. Different strokes for different folks. I went to meet may future Aunt and Uncle in-laws and my future mother in-law said they love wine. When I pulled out a great bottle I had brought, they said they only like Chablis... not that there is anything wrong with that! But it had a screw cap!

:D

About the only wine I drink is Chianti and you should always be safe with Classicos. Make sure it has the little Red Griffon emblem also.

I also am partial to the Ruffino. I split a bottle with my wife before I asked her marry me.