[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goodbye Mr. Orton...

haywood

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually somewhat impressed with him today.  He didn't play too badly.  The Bears defense got completely dominated, that is why the Bears lost.

1208623[/snapback]

TY, menudo. Pitt played very well on both sides of the ball. Couldn't stop the Bus, Chi def. line on their heels most of the day, and the Bear secondary played too soft. Oh....and Haywood, consider watching tennis, it's more your speed. :-P

I was actually somewhat impressed with him today.  He didn't play too badly.  The Bears defense got completely dominated, that is why the Bears lost.

1208623[/snapback]

That's the point. If Chicago wants to be a legitimite Superbowl contender, they need to be able to put up some points when their defense is struggling. They can't rely on their D to pitch shutouts every week. They gave 21 points. A great team should be able to put up 21+ points when needed. With Orton at QB, that's not possible. If Chicago is content being a good team and not a great team, then stick with Orton. They will never be great with him in there. Grossman and Jeff Blake are both better than him.

That's the point. If Chicago wants to be a legitimite Superbowl contender, they need to be able to put up some points when their defense is struggling. They can't rely on their D to pitch shutouts every week. They gave 21 points. A great team should be able to put up 21+ points when needed. With Orton at QB, that's not possible. If Chicago is content being a good team and not a great team, then stick with Orton. They will never be great with him in there. Grossman and Jeff Blake are both better than him.

1208645[/snapback]

What are you basing this on ? First, Blake is nearing the end of his career, and is not an option imho. As for Grossman, what have you seen that makes you think he would do any better ? :D

I don't want a QB that at his best "didn't play too badly". It's time to get Rex in game shape before the playoffs. Orton can't lead them to anything. I've been waiting, like most others, to see what happens when they get behind and/or the defense/st doesn't score. This will happen every time with Orton. Is Rex the savior. No but compared to Orton I don't see Rex chucking the ball 10 ft. over a wrs head on a 20 yd pass. Or on 4th and 3/game throwing 3 ft. behind his reciever into the ground on a 4 yd slant. Orton may become a decent qb or back up down the road but now is not the time for him to improve. This Defense is too good to toss the season. :D

I don't want a QB that at his best "didn't play too badly".  It's time to get Rex in game shape before the playoffs.  Orton can't lead them to anything.  I've been waiting, like most others, to see what happens when they get behind and/or the defense/st doesn't score.  This will happen every time with Orton.  Is Rex the savior.  No but compared to Orton I don't see Rex chucking the ball 10 ft. over a wrs head on a 20 yd pass.  Or on 4th and 3/game throwing 3 ft. behind his reciever into the ground on a 4 yd slant.  Orton may become a decent qb or back up down the road but now is not the time for him to improve.  This Defense is too good to toss the season.  :D

1208653[/snapback]

If they had someone better playing behind him I would agree, but, I have seen nothing to show me that Grossman is any better.

If they had someone better playing behind him I would agree, but, I have seen nothing to show me that Grossman is any better.

1208655[/snapback]

I disagree. Grossman has a much more accurate arm. We haven't seen enough of him but we have seen enough of this game management plan w/Orton. NOW SHAVE THAT SILLY NECK BEARD! :D

1208655[/snapback]

This is what is really making me ask, what the F are these Bears fans batching about? :D

Did I miss something with Rex? I don't suggest that Orton is a probowler or anything but what has Grossman done that would have you people screaming for his return?

This is what is really making me ask, what the F are these Bears fans batching about? :D

Did I miss something with Rex?  I don't suggest that Orton is a probowler or anything but what has Grossman done that would have you people screaming for his return?

1208664[/snapback]

NOT-A-THING!!!!! The Bears do not have a good QB on their team and the best of the not-so-hot is Orton.

Did I miss something with Rex?  I don't suggest that Orton is a probowler or anything but what has Grossman done that would have you people screaming for his return?

1208664[/snapback]

Lets not forget that the Bears had basically nothing out of their running game today. That is a tough situation for ANY QB in this league.

What are you basing this on ?  First, Blake is nearing the end of his career, and is not an option imho.  As for Grossman, what have you seen that makes you think he would do any better ?  :D

1208652[/snapback]

I am not a Bears fan by any means, but living in Michigan, I get to see them play regularly. Grossman has been very injury prone, but in the few games he has been healthy, he has really impressed me. He's got tons of talent. Strong arm, accurate, smart. I think he has the potential to be a great NFL QB. I don't think anyone in Chicago will deny the fact that Grossman is a better QB than Orton. I think they've been using the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. They didn't want to ruin team chemistry. Well, using that philosophy won't get you to the Superbowl. You need to start your best players, and if they are gonna make a change, they need to do it now so that Grossman is ready for the playoffs, assuming he stays healthy that long.

By the way, I think Jeff Blake is a solid QB too. I know this isn't really an option, because they would have gone with him instead of Orton in the first place if it was.

I am not a Bears fan by any means, but living in Michigan, I get to see them play regularly. Grossman has been very injury prone, but in the few games he has been healthy, he has really impressed me. He's got tons of talent. Strong arm, accurate, smart. I think he has the potential to be a great NFL QB. I don't think anyone in Chicago will deny the fact that Grossman is a better QB than Orton. I think they've been using the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. They didn't want to ruin team chemistry. Well, using that philosophy won't get you to the Superbowl. You need to start your best players, and if they are gonna make a change, they need to do it now so that Grossman is ready for the playoffs, assuming he stays healthy that long.

By the way, I think Jeff Blake is a solid QB too. I know this isn't really an option, because they would have gone with him instead of Orton in the first place if it was.

1208681[/snapback]

:D

I don't think anyone in Chicago will deny the fact that Grossman is a better QB than Orton.

1208681[/snapback]

Wrong again sparky. Grossman hasn't shown anything, except he is fragile. ~70 passer rating is not stellar by any stretch.

I disagree.  Grossman has a much more accurate arm.

1208661[/snapback]

Grossman also has a jaw of glass and hasn't had any game-time action since the pre-season. I seriously doubt that he'd be able to do much more than Orton at this point.

Also consider that the Bears couldn't run the ball for squat today and that they were playing in a blizzard. Yet, Orton still threw for over 200 yds and didn't turn the ball over once. Not bad, especially for a rookie against a very good defense on the road and in a snowstorm.

People need to face the facts: The Bears aren't a SB-caliber team yet. Their 9-4 record is more a reflection of their horrible division, relatively easy schedule, and a relatively weak NFC than anything else. Neither Orton, Grossman, nor Blake would be able to get them to the promised land this year. Benching Orton (their only decent long-term QB prospect) isn't going to do anything other than stifle his development.

1208681[/snapback]

Grossman has a career 71.1 QB Rating, a 54.5 Completion rate, with 3 TD's, and 4 INT's and around 150 yards per game. I haven't seen anything to show me he is any better than Orton at this point.

Grossman also has a jaw of glass and hasn't had any game-time action since the pre-season.  I seriously doubt that he'd be able to do much more than Orton at this point.

Also consider that the Bears couldn't run the ball for squat today and that they were playing in a blizzard.  Yet, Orton still threw for over 200 yds and didn't turn the ball over once.  Not bad, especially for a rookie against a very good defense on the road and in a snowstorm.

People need to face the facts: The Bears aren't a SB-caliber team yet.  Their 9-4 record is more a reflection of their horrible division, relatively easy schedule, and a relatively weak NFC than anything else.  Neither Orton, Grossman, nor Blake would be able to get them to the promised land this year.  Benching Orton (their only decent long-term QB prospect) isn't going to do anything other than stifle his development.

1208696[/snapback]

Great post.... :D I agree 100%

Did I just say that.... :D:D

Edited by Menudo

Wrong again sparky.  Grossman hasn't shown anything, except he is fragile.  ~70 passer rating is not stellar by any stretch.

1208692[/snapback]

Love your avitar!

But I disagree. 70 is better than Orton's 50 or so. Plus Rex's is with a much worse line and less talent around him. He's not a probowl player but we need to see NOW if he's better.

Love your avitar!

But I disagree.  70 is better than Orton's 50 or so.  Plus Rex's is with a much worse line and less talent around him.  He's not a probowl player but we need to see NOW if he's better.

1208703[/snapback]

Rex is a worthless POS who will most likely be released after this season. The Bears need to stop wasting their time trying to scrape by with crappy, injury-prone QBs and let a promising rookie develop. They don't have enough offensive talent to win the NFC this year. Let the kid develop and make a run next season.