[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goodbye Mr. Orton...

haywood

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some random thoughs…………

You cant do worst than ortron, I have been looking forward for rex for the past 4 weeks.

To his defense, the bears before this game were 5th for most dropped passed, after Mohamed, our next best receiver is Thomas jones.

Some people say rex is injury prown, well if the bears feel this way than they should not have him on the roster.

Rex has better pocket presence, orton has zero field vision, rex is real good with the play action, he also has a nice deep pass. Orton always over throws because he is afraid to make a mistake.

Rex has a strong and accurate arm.

Orton can only take the bears to the playoffs; rex has a chance of winning a a playoff game with this defense we just need 21 points..

Rex is more rexpected by his teammates than orton. IMO

The bears are winning despite orton not because of orton.

And I do think rex would have a bit of some rust, but after 4 weeks, I think he would play much better than orton would.

If the bears don’t pull the trigger, in 1 week, which would give rex 3 games, then I would rather stick with orton.

And for next year I want an open competition at the QB between rex, and orton. And the a better scenario would be a new FA that can be at least an AVG. QB.

Some random thoughs…………

You cant do worst than ortron, I have been looking forward for rex for the past 4 weeks.

To his defense, the bears before this game were 5th for most dropped passed, after Mohamed, our next best receiver is Thomas jones. 

Some people say rex is injury prown, well if the bears feel this way than they should not have him on the roster.

Rex has better pocket presence, orton has zero field vision, rex is real good with the play action, he also has a nice deep pass. Orton always over throws because he is afraid to make a mistake.

Rex has a strong and accurate arm.

Orton can only take the bears to the playoffs; rex has a chance of winning a a playoff game with this defense we just need 21 points..

Rex is more rexpected by his teammates than orton.  IMO

The bears are winning despite orton not because of orton.

And I do think rex would have a bit of some rust, but after 4 weeks, I think he would play much better than orton would.

If  the bears don’t pull the trigger, in 1 week, which would give rex 3 games, then I would rather stick with orton.

And for next year I want an open competition at the QB between rex, and orton. And the a better scenario would be a new FA that can be at least an AVG. QB.

1209517[/snapback]

Countdown to your avi being gunned...

LOL - right click for properties and paste the shortcut to your browser.  How does that happen? :D

1209562[/snapback]

I see, he is linking the avatar from a web site that is using hotlink or deeplink (no pun intended!!!) protection.

whitemonkey, you need to just download the pic you are intending to use and upload it to the Huddle. What we are seeing is not what you intended for us to see as your avatar. :D

Edited by Gunther

Don't paint me with that brush.  I'm just saying that their are not many Orton fans out there.  (For good reason).

1209380[/snapback]

You're right. Lovie Smith should be fired and the public and media should dictate who starts at QB for the Bears. :D If Grossman were to go in for two games and suck, the media would be all over him as well.

If you seriously think that Grossman would be a vast improvement over Orton, the media has you brainwashed.

You're right.  Lovie Smith should be fired and the public and media should dictate who starts at QB for the Bears.  :D  If Grossman were to go in for two games and suck, the media would be all over him as well.

If you seriously think that Grossman would be a vast improvement over Orton, the media has you brainwashed.

1209841[/snapback]

No Bill that's not what I'm saying. Forget the media. All I was saying was that I think most people would like to see Rex back in. :D

When the Bears win..."Orton's stats don't matter -- we're winning!"

When the Bears lose..."Orton's stats were decent -- it's not his fault!"

:D

I'm sorry y'all, but I think a coach can ask his QB to complete at least 50% of his passes, no matter which defense he's playing. Plus, Pitt hasn't exactly been the Steel Curtain of late.

Get Grossman in there now if you want to win a playoff game.

Grossman's stats since 2003:

Games played: 6 out of a possible 45.

Compl %: 54.5

Yds: 1044

TDs: 3

Ints: 4

Yards per attempt: 6.69

Orton's stats, this year:

Games played: 13 out of 13

Compl %: 52.9

Yds: 1798

TDs: 9

Ints: 13

Yards per attempt: 5.23

Ok, so Orton isn't exactly lighting the league on fire, but can anyone really think that bringing in an inexperienced, rusty Grossman is the answer?

Edited by Skilly

Grossman's stats since 2003:

Games played:  6 out of a possible 45.

Compl %:  54.5

Yds:          1044

TDs:          3

Ints:          4

Yards per attempt:  6.69

Orton's stats, this year:

Games played:  13 out of 14

Compl %:  52.9

Yds:          1798

TDs:          9

Ints:          13

Yards per attempt:  5.23

Ok, so Orton isn't exactly lighting the league on fire, but can anyone really think that bringing in an inexperienced, rusty Grossman is the answer?

1209976[/snapback]

Yes. Grossman's numbers were with a lot less talent around him.

Here's what I can't understand... the Bears used nearly EVERY pick in the 2004 draft getting defensive players. Fine, obviously that has helped create an impressive defensive unit. But was there so little talent on that side of the ball that they needed to use that many picks for one side? The only 2004 offensive draft pick (still playing) is Bernard Berrian.

Meanwhile, you know you have issues with a fragile QB and no backup. Even if you didn't get some offensive players in 2004, why not in 2005? Why draft Cedric Benson when Thomas Jones is already there? Why draft only TWO offensive players (Benson and Orton) when you NEED at LEAST a backup to Grossman. Instead of waiting until the 4th round to get a QB, why not get any of these guys who went earlier:

Aaron Rodgers

Jason Campbell

Charlie Frye

I read that Chicago's QB Coach used to coach Orton... is this NFL nepotism or just plain stupidity?

Meanwhile, you know you have issues with a fragile QB and no backup. Even if you didn't get some offensive players in 2004, why not in 2005? Why draft Cedric Benson when Thomas Jones is already there? Why draft only TWO offensive players (Benson and Orton) when you NEED at LEAST a backup to Grossman. Instead of waiting until the 4th round to get a QB, why not get any of these guys who went earlier:

Aaron Rodgers

Jason Campbell

Charlie Frye

I read that Chicago's QB Coach used to coach Orton... is this NFL nepotism or just plain stupidity?

1210002[/snapback]

T Jones has not shown an inclination to be an every down back, hence Benson who looks like a franchise.

What is dumb about drafting a rookie QB you are familiar with? Grossman was healthy on draft day so spending a high pick on a QB would have created controversy before preseason. Grossman went in as the #1, and got hurt in pre-season.

The major flaw in the Bears past offseason was not going after Brad Johnson, to back up Grossman.

Yes.  Grossman's numbers were with a lot less talent around him.

1209981[/snapback]

What makes you think that Grossman, who is coming off of a severe ankle injury, hasn't played a snap since the pre-season, and has had relatively little work running Ron Turner's offense will be effective immediately? He'll need at least a couple weeks to shake off the rust. By the time Rex is back up to speed, the Vikes may have already taken over first place.

Edited by Bill Swerski

What makes you think that Grossman, who is coming off of a severe ankle injury, hasn't played a snap since the pre-season, and has had relatively little work running Ron Turner's offense will be effective immediately?  He'll need at least a couple weeks to shake off the rust.  By the time Rex is back up to speed, the Vikes may have already taken over first place.

1210041[/snapback]

That might be the case.

I guess the thing I wonder about the situation is if the Bears might not be better off taking that chance. I mean, Grossman might not be better (but he probably will be), and the Bears might end up losing to the Vikings, but why not take a chance that might actually get you going versus trodding a road you know can't get you there?

What makes you think that Grossman, who is coming off of a severe ankle injury, hasn't played a snap since the pre-season, and has had relatively little work running Ron Turner's offense will be effective immediately?  He'll need at least a couple weeks to shake off the rust.  By the time Rex is back up to speed, the Vikes may have already taken over first place.

1210041[/snapback]

You make a good point with the rust. That is why he needs to come in now. I'm not worried about the Vikes. Orton just showed what will happen in the 1st playoff game. The Bears will get down and he can't do enough out of the QB position to bring them back.

I think I'm about done with this. Agree to disagree I guess.