[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sauvignon Blanc

wiegie

I think I am in charge of the Sauvignon Blancs in a few weeks, and I thought I'd get a jump on setting up the wines.

I think I definitely want to go with the 2004 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc New Zealand ~ Marlbourgh. This should be very widely available. (If you can't get this, get the Villa Maria Private Bin Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2004).

I'm still up in the air on American SB's and would take suggestions.

Edited by Bier Meister

Hi Wieg!

Thanks for the link - and the invitation.

A few weeks ago, I had a lovely CA SB in a restaurant. It was recommended by the bartender and new to their list. He asked me not to judge it by it's screw-top but by it's taste. I was going to pass, but then he just gave it to me. It was very good. It's by Pepi Winery.

I'm to new here to understand all the parameters by which you choose. I think it is about $10, but might be hard to find.

Is there a place to find the schedule - or at least what you are tasting this week?

Cheers!

Hi Wieg!

Thanks for the link - and the invitation.

A few weeks ago, I had a lovely CA SB in a restaurant. It was recommended by the bartender and new to their list. He asked me not to judge it by it's screw-top but by it's taste. I was going to pass, but then he just gave it to me. It was very good. It's by Pepi Winery.

I'm to new here to understand all the parameters by which you choose. I think it is about $10, but might be hard to find.

Is there a place to find the schedule - or at least what you are tasting this week?

Cheers!

1226235[/snapback]

Here is the link for the Chianti: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=135367

(and we will taste that tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10:00 p.m. EST -- although we can and do adjust times to fit people's needs/desires)

As for screw-tops, we're not scared of them. :D (As a matter of fact we had a screw-top Pinot Noir and the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc also has a screw-top.)

As for the schedule, go through the threads in this forum and you will get a feeling for the schedule.

Hi Wieg!

Cheers!

1226235[/snapback]

look under the topic "wine of the week"

the format and "loose" schedule is around pages 1-3.

OK, here are the Sauvignon Blancs:

2004 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc New Zealand ~ Marlbourgh (Be careful, I noticed that the 2005's had started arriving in some places--let's stick with the 2004)

2004 Clos du Bois Sauvignon Blanc North Coast

(I was debating what other wine to go with and then I saw this on sale for about $8 and that cinched it for me--I've never had it before so I don't know what to expect)

Note: I just picked up one of the few bottles of the 2004 Kim Crawford for $12.99 at Costco. I think I could have gotten it for $10.99 at Cost-Plus/World Market, but I was too lazy to drive there. I also stopped by a local grocery story and saw that they were selling it for $18.99. That's way too high. I'd expect to pay about $14.99 for the Crawford.

I'm not sure that Bier can make it either.

I'm available whenever--somebody pick the day and time and I'll be there (probably).

1237893[/snapback]

SLD will be in town this week, I know we're all going out to dinner either Wednesday or Thursday night. If we go out Thursday I'll see if he wants to try and taste on Wednesday.

i have been getting my ass handed to me this week...... doubt i'll be around tomorrow night. i was going to suggest pushing this back a week to accomodate the hollidays.

anyway...... have been thinking of you all and hope you're having a nice weekend, etc.

ugh...1 more week of hell.......