[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WDIs: Def Carolina or TB

j. Brown or Vanderjact (sp)?

THANKS!

1219783[/snapback]

CAR for the defense. Playing an inferior NO offense. NE is still good and while TB is good the matchup favors CAR. Especially with a new QB being thrown into the fire this week.

Vandy this week. Many points in that game and they proved last week, they will run him out there at the blink of an eye for FG tries. Brown will be kicking nothing but PATs this week. Granted he may kick a lot of them, but I think Vandy has a better chance of putting more points on the board.

Good Luck!

I'm between Driver and Djax and would have to say driver right now.  Just not enough info on how much DJax will play.  Driver has a decent matchup and on MNF he should find room to roam and be ok.  DJax can go either way and I haven't time yet to scour the papers from SEA to see what I can get from there.  They say they will ease him back in and JJ will still see significant time.  But it seems to me if that were totally true then JJ would start and DJax would come in as needed on certain plays.  However that's not what's happening.  DJax is starting.  He was rumored to be ready last week but they opted to wait one more until this week.  So I'm kinda thinking he's really ready and will have a good game.  It's just that these games for FF owners are the big ones and no time to take a flier on a guy.  I have him too and just am in agony over to start him or JJ.  I hate to leave a player of his caliber on the bench only to watch him bust out 2 TDs and 80-100 yards on a crappy SF defense.  But I also don't need him catching 3 balls for 30 yards and no scores while JJ goes 5/70 and a score.

Very tough decision there so I will side with Driver whom we know is starting and is the primary target for one of the best in the busness in Favre.  If I can find anything definitive on DJax, I'll be sure to post back.

At R I'd go Barber or Taylor.  Because GB isn't great at the run and Taylor looks to be getting the majority of the snaps, I'll give  the edge to him.

Good Luck!

1219745[/snapback]

Thanks REW. good info here.

How about a DEF?

MIA vs NYJ or PIT @ MIN

Thanks REW.  good info here.

How about a DEF?

MIA vs NYJ  or PIT @ MIN

1219857[/snapback]

I would side with MIA this week simply because I think the Jets offense is worse than that of Minny. Minny has the wiley vet BJ at QB and he isn't going to be but so fazed by PIT. They've been running and throwing the ball well plus they are at home. I think PIT wins this game but I like the matchup MIA has a bit more. MIA strength is in their pass rush and I think even though they have a weak secondary, the pass rush will help negate that against a poor QB, which Bollinger is.

Good Luck!

Peformance League.

.1 pt per every 2.5 yds Passing.

- 1 pt per INT.

.1 pt per every 1 yd Rushing / Receiving.

4 pts per TD.

Hasselbeck vs TN Pass 'D' of 15.

or

Warner vs HOU Pass 'D' of 25.

or

Garrard vs S.F. Pass 'D' 32.

I'm leaning towards Hasselbeck:

- He seems like the safe bet 200 - 250 yds 2 TD's.

But AZ vs HOU Rush 'D' is 32.

Warner: could get 300 yds 3 TD's or he can get 200 yds and 1 TD, with more Rushing attempts by Arrington.

Any other suggestions ?

Peformance League.

.1 pt per every 2.5 yds Passing.

- 1 pt per INT.

.1 pt per every 1 yd Rushing / Receiving.

4 pts per TD.

Hasselbeck vs TN Pass 'D' of 15.

or

Warner vs HOU Pass 'D' of 25.

or

Garrard vs S.F. Pass 'D' 32.

I'm leaning towards Hasselbeck:

- He seems like the safe bet 200 - 250 yds 2 TD's.

But AZ vs HOU Rush 'D' is 32.

Warner: could get 300 yds 3 TD's or he can get 200 yds and 1 TD, with more Rushing attempts by Arrington.

Any other suggestions ?

1220037[/snapback]

You really can't go wrong with any of them. I'm going to say Warner. They will throw more and he's got 2 great WRs to throw to. No threat of a running game in JJ. I think Warner throws for 300 and 2-3 TDs this week.

I want to emphasize that I don't necessarily think Warner is the better QB than Hass as a player. My reasoning for this advice is based on the fact that, in your situation, all 3 QBs are expected to perform at a high level this week. Because of that we need to find which one may have an edge at doing the best. Therefore I say Warner due to the lack of a solid running game. JJ is in no way a Shaun Alexander. There is a possibility that SA runs all over the place and Hass has a mediocre day because he doesn't need to throw. I don't see that being a possibility for Warner

ARZ is a pass happy team and with Warner, Boldin and Fitz, they should be able to post some fairly significant numbers this week. If there was ever a good week to start KW, this would be one of them. You have a luxury that a lot of other owners do not have. I have Warner ranked 2nd this week and Hass 3rd behind Manning.

The HOU pass defense is terrible, ranking 25th and giving up 218.5 passing yards per game and 20 TDs 13 games, that's ripe picking for a QB like Warner. While the Titans aren't much better tied for the lead when it comes to giving up TDs with 26 allowed so far, but since they are "only" giving up 199.8 yards per game, I give the slight nod to Warner.

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70

Waerrick Dunn at Chicago or

Ricky VS the Jets at home?

Thanks with Vick hurt will Dunn get more carries?

1220248[/snapback]

Dunn will certainly get his share of carries, but against that defense they will have an easier time throwing. And throwing won't be easy if those winds are heavy and the weather is bad. That will also affect the running game if CHI can pin their ears back and gun for the QB all day.

I'd go with RW against the Jets before I ran dunn out against the CHI defense. Bad matchup for him and TJ will steal all the GL carries.

Good Luck!

Standard Performance League:

At Flex

Moats @ St Louis - bad against the run

R Brown - vs NYJ - Also bad against the run

R Williams - vs NYJ see above

At WR, need one WR to start along side Housh

Donte Stallworth vs CAR

Andre Johnson vs ARI

Roddy White @ CHI

Torn between Gado vs. Bal and Foster vs. NO

I have been back and forth between the two.  Any thoughts, suggestions?

1220281[/snapback]

Yeah that matchup for Foster looks good doesn't it? As long as he is healthy and will play. Probable right now. I would have to agree and start Foster. I certainly like Gado too but the NO defense is giving it up and foster should be able to get back on track after a lackluster week last weekend.

Both are solid plays and you should feel comfortable starting either. But I have to say Foster if all is right with him.

Good Luck!

Standard Performance League:

At Flex

Moats @ St Louis - bad against the run

R Brown - vs NYJ - Also bad against the run

R Williams - vs NYJ see above

At WR, need one WR to start along side Housh

Donte Stallworth vs CAR

Andre Johnson vs ARI

Roddy White @ CHI

1220304[/snapback]

OK, I know that a few folks on the boards are not high on Moats, wanting to prove he can repeat last week's performance again beofre relying on him. I am not one of those people. The STL rush defense is putrid and they are falling apart as this season comes to an end. The Vikes ripped them and this week Moats should too.

Last week he ran 11/114/2 and the team as a whole went 25/175/2. Moats had the most carries, yards and TDs from the 3 RBs who played. He's putting in the extra work to learn the offense as fast as he can. In the SEA game, Philly's game plan was thrown out the window and they weren't able to do what they set out to do. he had a rather poor performance, but he was thrown into the fire. he ripped it up last week after a full week of practice with the starters. he's young and raw and doesn't fully "get" the blocking assignments. That's why he won't be in every play. But he will get the majority of the carries and against STL, he should perform at a high level.

The Rams have given up 164 yards per game, with 9 TDs total in the last 3 weeks. They are not good.

At WR I have to say Johnson. They are going to have to throw to keep up with ARZ and he's the primary target. If anyone is going to benefit from the passinggame in HOU, it's him. I would look for decent numbers from him this week. ATL will have trouble throwing the ball around in and on CHI and with a new QB in NO, I am hesitant to say Donte.

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70