[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

Pick one RB to go with LT.

Moats vs the Rams

Caddy vs. the Pats

Gado vs.the Ravens

Thanks

1213358[/snapback]

Ok here's one you probably weren't expecting...I'm saying Moats. This guy runs hard and fast. he faces a terrible run defense in STL and Philly should be able to run on them like Minny just did. And Fitz continues to throw those picks, then he's good for a couple of scores as well. I can see him getting close to 100 and another 30 in the air and at least 1 score.

He'll be solid this week. I think they all will do fine, but I'm sticking with Moats right now.

Good Luck!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We play 2 RB's...which of these?

Dillon at home vs Tampa

Droughns at Oakland

Parker or Bettis at Vikings

Or I can get

Moats at Rams

R. Williams at home vs Jets

C. Taylor at home vs Packers

thanks in advance...

1213389[/snapback]

First let's look at who not to play. That would be taylor and Dillon. From your group, I see better options. Then I would eliminate RW due to RBBC situation with Brown. And who's going to show in PIT? Is this Parker's week? Will the Bus repeat that performance? Just don't know. I think it's unlikely that Bettis does that again, but it's possible. It's also possible Parker pushes 1 or 2 across and then bettis gets what? don't like that at all.

That leaves droughns who's just a stud this year. Over 1,000 yards and he keeps on rollin' He'll be solid again this week and should have over 100 combined and at least one score. Oakland is awful! And like I said up above, Moats should have a field day against the Rams. He did run hard against the Seahawks 2 weeks ago, but lost the one fumble that led to a score. However that game was a debacle from the get go. However he looked good in relief of a hurt westy. And last week he got to practice with the first team and get all the reps and he showed what he could do against a solid NYG team. He should do just fine aginst an awful Ram team.

Good Luck!

alright man..i think im goin nuts..

LT has been doin horrible..i am in a salary cap league..if i sit LT which is the highest RB..i can upgrade the rest of my team..

do i sit him vs a tuff matchup vs INDY?

its hard to do..but i can pick from any back in the NFL..help me here bud..

im thinking of going Tiki instead..IDK!

1213396[/snapback]

Don't go nuts! But I can't in good conscience tell you to bench LT for Tiki. I think will have a good game but it's LT. And I know it's the Colts, but I think LT goes for 2 scores this week and over 100 yards combined. He's the kind of player you just can't sit. Play him and ride the coaster.

Look at it this way: If you play Tiki and gets you a score and 100 comb, then that's ok. what if he doesn't and LT goes off? You will feel like a schmuck and know you over analyzed this pick. It can always go both ways, but he's just a guy you cannot sit. Have to say LT.

Good Luck!

one more for the week..quick one..

out of my choices i bascially eliminated Porter...stuck on the others though..

Pick One Wr..

Chris Chambers vs NYJ

Jerry Porter vs CLE

TJ Housh. vs DET

Joe Jerivicious vs TEN ( Starting Alexander Also)

or

Joey Galloway vs NE

Scoring:

1 pt every 10 yards

6 pts per TD

First week of the playoffs. WDIS?

QB

Plummer @Buffalo

Garrard vs 49ers

WR (need 1)

Driver@ Ravens

L.Evans vs Broncos

Bennett vs Seahawks

Thanks for the help.

1213399[/snapback]

I say Garrard against SF this week instead of Plumer. Sf is terrible on the road and Garrard is a good threat to go ahead and score one himself. Weather will be fine and no worries there like there could be in BUF. Go with DG and watch him rip the 49ers.

At Wr I say Driver. Favre loves this guy and he produces. I think he'll be able to poke some holes in the BAL secondary and find some room. Bennett is a bust and the Seahawks are playing too good right now to trust him. Evansshould have a decent game but without knowing what's fully up at their QB spot, I cannot reccommend him at this point. watch the injury report on Losman to see what his deal is, but I still say driver. hehas the better chance to cross the GL this week.

Good Luck!

one more for the week..quick one..

out of my choices i bascially eliminated Porter...stuck on the others though..

Pick One Wr..

Chris Chambers vs NYJ

Jerry Porter vs CLE

TJ Housh. vs DET

Joe Jerivicious vs TEN ( Starting Alexander Also)

or

Joey Galloway vs NE

Scoring:

1 pt every 10 yards

6 pts per TD

1213469[/snapback]

No problem. Let's see, Chambers has had 2 solid weeks in a row, but you have better options. Rule him out. No to Porter, Tui is terrible. They need a QB bad! Don't really like JJ because DJax should be back and right now you don't know who gets the most PT. plus I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket with a team even though SEA will roll this week. Start SA but not JJ. And I do like Galloway and think he's a fine play, but I'm going to side with Housh. This guy's a beast and contributes every week. No team is going to not double Chad. the last thing a team wants is that guy, of all guys, beating them up and dancing around the endzone in their own house. Now they do play DET so Chad may still have a decent day, but more than likely so will Housh. he doesn't draw the same type of coverage and is good for close to 100 and a score. I really like him!

Good Luck!

REW-

Some roster questions. Tonight is the WW deadline. My RB's are Edge, Rudi, Perry and Ronnie. I am dropping Perry due to injury and picking up Houston. Should I also drop Ronnie for Rhodes?

REW-

Some roster questions.  Tonight is the WW deadline.  My RB's are Edge, Rudi, Perry and Ronnie.  I am dropping Perry due to injury and picking up Houston.  Should I also drop Ronnie for Rhodes?

1213505[/snapback]

I think that's a safe move. Looks like you can only start 2 so right now you are starting Edge and Rudi. That will of course continue until one is hurt or rested. Picking up Houston was smart and it would only be in your best interest to grab Rhodes as well. I think the first person to rest on the Colts will be Edge and Rhodes is a more than adequate backup. If for some reason the Colts lose this week, Edge will sit immediately and Rhoses' stock will skyrocket. Rudi should be good barring injury for the next 2 weeks and you have Houston as a replacement for him. So yeah I think that makes perfect sense.

Need a good D for first rd of playoffs.

I am in 5th so need all help I can get.....

Seattle @ Tenn

or

Philly @ St Louis

I'm thinkin Philly.......

1213510[/snapback]

I say SEA for sure. You never know which Philly team is going to show up. SEA is till playing for home field advantage. They've also only allowed 3 points in 2 games and on a short week. TEn doesn't pose nearly the threat to SEA as STL could potentially be for the Eagles. The play is SEA here. TEN won't be able to do much against them, IMO.

And look at it from a numbers standpoint:

STL has the 9th ranked overall offense against Philly's 25th ranked defense. SEA has the 11th ranked defense against the 16th ranked offense in TEN. Advantage SEA.

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70

Got to call it a night.  back in the morning around 8:30 est.  Send 'em on in and I will answer all of them in the am.

Good Luck!! :D

1213489[/snapback]

what he said. :D

See you guys in the morning!!

I say SEA for sure.  You never know which Philly team is going to show up.  SEA is till playing for home field advantage.  They've also only allowed 3 points in 2 games and on a short week.  TEn doesn't pose nearly the threat to SEA as STL could potentially be for the Eagles.  The play is SEA here.  TEN won't be able to do much against them, IMO.

And look at it from a numbers standpoint:

STL has the 9th ranked overall offense against Philly's 25th ranked defense.  SEA has the 11th ranked defense against the 16th ranked offense in TEN.  Advantage SEA.

Good Luck!

1213533[/snapback]

yeah I see your point...but I was lookin at how Mr.FitzHarvard threw 5 INT's vs the Vikes....and Philly no matter which O shows up always has a SOLID defense.

ty 4 the advice

Edited by NumerOneEaglesFan

REW Thanks for the help last week.

Going into the playoffs weak at quaterback position have Favre and Brunell.

Don't know wether to sit tight with what I've got or opt for better which isn't much.

Here's what's leftover.

Carr vs. Arizona, Jac, SF

Losman (maybe injured) vs. Den, Cin, NYJ

Frye vs. Oak, Pitt, Bal

Fitzpatrick vs. Phili, SF, DAl

Favre and Brunell have been getting worse each week. Don't know if any of the matchups would get better points going into next few games.

What do ya think?

Standard 12 team performance league.

Brett Favre GB

RB Cedric Houston NYJ

RB Edgerrin James IND

WR Terry Glenn DAL

WR Marvin Harrison IND

WR Roy Williams DET

PK Neil Rackers ARI

Def Bears, Team Defense

Mark Brunell WAS

RB Dominic Rhodes IND

RB Julius Jones DAL

WR Jimmy Smith JAC

TE L.J. Smith PHI

PK Jeff Wilkins STL

Def Jets, Team Defense

Hi REW

Should have listened to you with Bledsoe over Favre last week!

Validate my decisions here, performance +1 per rec/rush, bonusses over 300 passing, 100 rush/rec

My decisions:

bench Favre, play Bledsoe

The Redskins secondary is hurtin, and this is an extremely important game. I am hoping last week was not a fluke and the 'Boys are making a serious playoff push. On the other hand, the BAL defense is not so good, ad DANG will Favre want a win.

bench Ryan Moats, play Tom Jones

This is the toughest decision, as Chicago is playing ATL in the snow, which should mean a lot of reps for Jones... Can I believe Moats will carve up the Rams?? Gado's sophomore game was a travesty... :D

bench Bruce, play Driver

Another tough one. I am kinda hedging my bet against Favre here, though when Fitzpatrick throws short routes it is to Bruce. If Vitt is going to do what he says, run the ball and cut down on turnovers, those short passes should factor in.

Thanks rew!!

Edited by cre8tiff

Below is my copy and pasted starting lineup. I'm in a standard scoring league and had a bye last week - thank God. Foster is listed as day to day and Kevin Jones is out and sucks big time and Rhodes won't play - so I'm thinking I need a backup running back just in case Foster can't go. Who do you think I should drop?

Thanks.

STARTERS:

Brady, Tom QB NE

Foster, DeShaun RB CAR

Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD

Burress, Plaxico WR NYG

Galloway, Joey WR TB

Harrison, Marvin WR IND

Cooley, Chris TE WAS

Vanderjagt, Mike K IND

Bengals, DST DST CIN

RESERVES:

Bledsoe, Drew QB DAL

Jones, Kevin RB DET

Rhodes, Dominic RB IND

Evans, Lee WR BUF

Parker, Eric WR SD

Smith, L.J. TE

PS Who should I start at tight end? L.J. Smith at St. Louis or Cooley at home vs. Dallas? Thanks again!

Note - I'm the #2 seed and the #1 seed has Edgerrin James, so I don't think I should drop Rhodes.

Please help! My team is falling apart around me. And my matchup this week is against Larry Johnson, Edge, Steve Smith and Larry Fitzgerald ... and I'm the higher seed. My how things change.

Pick one:

Warner vs. Houston

Garrard vs. San Fran.

I am leaning toward Warner.

Pick two:

McGahee vs Den #2 Rush D

W. Dunn vs. Chicago #1 rush D

W. Parker vs. MIN

D. Foster vs NO

S. Davis vs. NO (if glass Foster's stinger won't let him play)

C. Houston vs. MIA

Ugh. I'm tempted to just start the old standbys, Willis and Warrick.

Hey REW-

First, let me say that you not only give good advice, you also offer an excellent analysis as well. Well Done!

Now, the questions:

1. WDIS @ QB: Hass (@ Ten), Warner (@ Hou) or Gerrard (v SF)?

I've been riding Warner the last 5 weeks all the way into the playoffs, but with Hass having a great game last week and having just picked-up Gerrard off of the waiver wire, I am confounded. Any suggestions? (BTW, I'm leaning towards Warner).

2. WDIS @ Flex? Parker (@ Min) or Moats (@Stl)?

Another waiver wire pick-up, Moats, looks good to me here.

3. WDIS @ D/ST: My options are Indy (v SD) or Pit (@ Min), or I should be able to pick-up Seattle (@ Ten) off the WW.

Indy has done well for me lately, but I'm worried about Tomlinson lighting it up like he did last year. Min has been on a roll lately and could go off against Pit. Seattle has had 2 GREAT defensive games, but can they do it again? If you would, please rank in order of preference.

That's it. Thank you in advance for your thoughts, wisdom and insight!

REW Thanks for the help last week.

Going into the playoffs weak at quaterback position have Favre and Brunell.

Don't know wether to sit tight with what I've got or opt for better which isn't much.

Here's what's leftover.

Carr vs. Arizona, Jac, SF

Losman (maybe injured) vs. Den, Cin, NYJ

Frye vs. Oak, Pitt, Bal

Fitzpatrick vs. Phili, SF, DAl

Favre and Brunell have been getting worse each week.  Don't know if any of the matchups would get better points going into next few games.

What do ya think?

Standard 12 team performance league.

Brett Favre GB 

RB Cedric Houston NYJ

RB Edgerrin James IND

WR Terry Glenn DAL

WR Marvin Harrison IND

WR Roy Williams DET

PK Neil Rackers ARI

Def Bears, Team Defense

Mark Brunell WAS

RB Dominic Rhodes IND

RB Julius Jones DAL

WR Jimmy Smith JAC

TE L.J. Smith PHI

PK Jeff Wilkins STL

Def Jets, Team Defense

1213617[/snapback]

Well I don't think any of those other guys are any better than Favre or Brunell so I wouldn't make the move. The only guy I would consider at this point would be Frye and he's not better than BF or MB. This week, go with Favre. He should be able to do well against BAL and put up 220-240 and 2 scores.

Carr isn't very good and has no real help outside DD and AJ to help. So if teams key on them, then he's done. Losman could be hurt, stay away, or at least heavily monitor that situation, but he's still so up and down. Fitz is an interception machine and the Rams are not playing well right now. Frye is solid and has been playing good, but like I said he's not better than Favre, so I say stick with BF.

Good Luck!

Hi REW

Should have listened to you with Bledsoe over Favre last week!

Validate my decisions here, performance +1 per rec/rush, bonusses over 300 passing, 100 rush/rec

My decisions:

bench Favre, play Bledsoe

The Redskins secondary is hurtin, and this is an extremely important game. I am hoping last week was not a fluke and the 'Boys are making a serious playoff push. On the other hand, the BAL defense is not so good, ad DANG will Favre want a win.

bench Ryan Moats, play Tom Jones

This is the toughest decision, as Chicago is playing ATL in the snow, which should mean a lot of reps for Jones... Can I believe Moats will carve up the Rams?? Gado's sophomore game was a travesty... :D

bench Bruce, play Driver

Another tough one. I am kinda hedging my bet against Favre here, though when Fitzpatrick throws short routes it is to Bruce. If Vitt is going to do what he says, run the ball and cut down on turnovers, those short passes should factor in.

Thanks rew!!

1213656[/snapback]

Let's start with the QB. Both are excellent options so I wouldn't be overly concerned one way or the other. Favre in prime time against BAL should be a good play. I think he throws for 2 TDs and amasses 240 yds. However Bledsoe could have a huge break. Monitor closely the WAS injury report and make sure, but they could be without alll 3 of their starting defensive backs. That means the picking is ripe for Bledsoe to have another big game. Don't know if he'll hit the 300 yd mark again, but he should be well over 200 and throw for a couple of scores. depending on the report, I lean towards Bledsoe.

The safe play is Jones. I am big on this Moats kid though. He played great in pre-season and is now getting the chance to be the featured backl. He carved up the Giants and now will get to try his skills on a lesser defense in STL. He's going to hit paydirt twice. However Jones will get 20-25 carries and if the Saints can run on ATL, I should think that Jones will get his fair share. He hasn't run for over 100 since week 6 and until last week didn't sdcore since week 7. ATL should be just what the doctor ordered. They coming off a short week where their QB has bruised ribs. My point is I don't think the offense will be on the field as much as they were against NO and especially with CHI defense at home. This means that Jones will get all the carries he needs to get that century mark.

Both are good plays, but I lean to Jones because it's almost certain he will get more carries and ATL is soft against the run. That and bad weather equal and a good day at the office for Jones.

I can't say to bench Holt can I? That's tough. I like Driver this week, but Holt is a premiere WR and I just cannot sit him this week. Vitt says he'll run, but when they can't do that against Philly's defense, they'll be forced to pass and Holt is the main weapon. He can beat the secondary of Philly and should post some decent numbers. Stick with Holt.

Good Luck!

I'm in the semis...I'm a T.O. casualty, that SOB!

Who do I start at WR, need 2

J Smith

D JAX

K Robinson

D Bennett

I can also pick up E Parker or M Clayton

DEF

Giants or Vikes

THANKS!!

1213688[/snapback]

J. Smith for sure. He's the main target for Garrard and they have a good matchup this week. Don't like Bennett. If they cannot score more than 13 against HOU then what will they do against SEA? Not much is my guess. That leaves DJax and KRob. Of course is DJax is playing and is up to full speed, then he's the much better WR. However without knowing exactly what's going on there, it's hard to reccommend him. So right now I say KRob. I think he bounces back and has a bettter week. I would monitor the reports in SEA and find out as much as possible. I know I will be as a DJax owner myself. If the situation looks good for him, then he's my pick. Safe play however is KRob.

Don't like Clayton becuase BAL is still awful and Parker will be tested against that Indy defense. I don''t see him exploding either.

For your defense, I don't like either option, but I say Minny out of those 2. LJ is going to run all over the Giants. Maybe Minny can grab a few picks and get you a sack or 2.

Good Luck!

Below is my copy and pasted starting lineup. I'm in a standard scoring league and had a bye last week - thank God. Foster is listed as day to day and Kevin Jones is out and sucks big time and Rhodes won't play - so I'm thinking I need a backup running back just in case Foster can't go. Who do you think I should drop?

Thanks.

STARTERS:

Brady, Tom QB NE

Foster, DeShaun RB CAR

Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD

Burress, Plaxico WR NYG

Galloway, Joey WR TB

Harrison, Marvin WR IND

Cooley, Chris TE WAS

Vanderjagt, Mike K IND

Bengals, DST DST CIN

RESERVES:

Bledsoe, Drew QB DAL

Jones, Kevin RB DET

Rhodes, Dominic RB IND

Evans, Lee WR BUF

Parker, Eric WR SD

Smith, L.J. TE

PS Who should I start at tight end? L.J. Smith at St. Louis or Cooley at home vs. Dallas? Thanks again!

Note - I'm the #2 seed and the #1 seed has Edgerrin James, so I don't think I should drop Rhodes.

1213784[/snapback]

Drop K. Jones. Hurt and awful when healthy. He's dead weight on your roster. everyone has some value and can be plugged in when needed. K. Jones is highly unreliable.

At TE I say Cooley. More involved in the passing game and has a much better QB. I don't think Philly is going to need to pass much while Moats runs up and down the field on the Rams. Cooley is solid and should be the pick this week.

Good Luck!