[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TE WDIS via IDP

Gonkis

This is the first year I've played in an IDP league and have been fortunate with Thomas (MIA) and Peterson (JAC) at LB, Robert Mathis (IND) and Roye (CLE) at DL, and Adrian Wilson (ARI) and D. Hall (ATL) at DB. They've catapulted me into the playoffs against people who treat their IDP like kickers and stick with draft picks.

So... I've been trying to use IDP info to help gage which TE to start. I've got Cooley and Witten. From an IDP point, I'd love to hear your thoughts on which is the better macthup when they face off this weekend.

TIA

This is the first year I've played in an IDP league and have been fortunate with Thomas (MIA) and Peterson (JAC) at LB, Robert Mathis (IND) and Roye (CLE) at DL, and Adrian Wilson (ARI) and D. Hall (ATL) at DB.  They've catapulted me into the playoffs against people who treat their IDP like kickers and stick with draft picks. 

So... I've been trying to use IDP info to help gage which TE to start.  I've got Cooley and Witten.  From an IDP point, I'd love to hear your thoughts on which is the better macthup when they face off this weekend.

TIA

1216635[/snapback]

It's always nice to check out the defensive scheme and talents at LB when considering what TE to play week-to-week... but in your case, throw it all out the window. Do not bench Witten.

don't strong safeties usually take care of the deep threat TEs?

1227429[/snapback]

Typically, yeah. I guess it depends on the defensive scheme, who they have at linebacker... and what a "deep threat TE" really is. I mean, Gates, for example, can kill you in the flats or even burn you deep in some cases. I am a hugh fan of the TE, and in all cases where I was in a TE-mandatory situation, made sure I had one of the "big TEs". Gates in a couple, Witten in a couple. Crumpler in another. Fared rather well for me. :D