[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Turkey Balls

Guest Cherni

I probably should have though of this earlier but here goes. I made some turkey balls using ground turkey instead of meat. Normally my g/f makes a nice sauce for the turkey but she's out of town. Any suggestions other than tomato sauce? She does some kind of thick, brown gravy, there's chicken broth in it, and something to thicken it up. What do you guys think would be good?

ps.. Simple is better.

i leave for work soon..... i'll give you a couple of options either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

shame the I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of? schweddy balls are allready made..... very good to use pan dripping for gravy....

we'll make it happen.

i leave for work soon..... i'll give you a couple of options either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

shame the I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of? schweddy balls are allready made..... very good to use pan dripping for gravy....

we'll make it happen.

1219681[/snapback]

Thanks Meister, you're the man. Schwedddy balls!!!!!!!!!!

.... whomper posted a thread about tomato sauces.... check that one out.

1/2 yellow onion (diced)

8 oz mushrooms (sliced)

3 oz butter

3 oz flour

1/2 tbs thyme

1/2 tbs parsley

1/2 tbs rosemary

2 C beef or veal stock (hey, you're in NY- you can find it)

1/4 - 1/2 C cream

S&P to taste

saute onions and mushrooms. add flour. cook for 2-4 min. (creating the roux). add stock and cream. allow to cook/thicken. add herbs and finish with S&P.

you can add a slurry (4 tsp corn starch and 1 tbs water) to thicken if necessary.