[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Changing my prediction for the mnc game

polksalet

mythical

1222244[/snapback]

So the undefeated winner of the Rose this year should not be considered the best team in NCAA? Then who is - some 1 or 2 loss team? Granted the BCS got lucky, but in this case I think the winner should get the 'undisputed' NC title....

BTW, its not OJ's school - its my school. I disowned him awhile back...

Edited by Coffeeman

This scandal will erase their chances and OJ's alma mater will win going away.

1222096[/snapback]

Information regarding the recent allegations involving UT football players.

What the Austin police have confirmed:

1) They are investigating two incidents: One from September 4th, 2005 and One from December 10th 2005.

2) Both incidents involve an allegation of robbery or attempted robbery.

3) Both incidents “involve UT athletes”. The police have not confirmed who is being investigate, what they are being investigate for and if the investigation involves any UT Football players.

4) That the September 4th incident allegedly involves a handgun in some way.

5) They have given no indication that the two incidents are believed to be connected in anyway, except that they both involve some form of robbery and they both involve the UT athletic department.

Since both of these are ongoing investigation and no charges have been filed, the Police normally would not have released any information. The only reason they released this information, is because they were received so many requests for information and several news organization had been quoting two names. Some news organization specifically refused to quote any names. To keep this in context let’s assume that a minor child is sexually molested. The child saw the car driven by the molester, but could not tell the police what kind of car it was, except in general terms. She could also only tell them part of the license plate number. Based on this information the police could likely come up with a manageable list of cars to investigate. The owners of all of the cars on the list would immediately become part of an investigation of child molestation. What if your car was one of the cars on the list? Would you like to see your name on the front page of the paper?

Additional information from the Austin American-Statesman. To keep this in context, anyone that lives in Austin knows that the Austin paper is far from being a homer paper. Coverage by the Dallas and Houston papers is almost always more favorable towards Texas sports.

1) There is no indication that the two incidents are related or involve the same people.

2) There is no indication that the September 4th incident involved football players, only that it involved Texas athletes.

3) The December incident involved two groups of people walking down 6th street (6th street is Austin equivalent of Bourbon Street). One of the groups consisted of UT Football players. When the two groups crossed paths, there was some form of confrontational exchange. As yet, it is not know if the exchange was verbal, threatening or involved physical contact. The reason it is being investigated as an attempted robbery, is because there is an allegation that someone made a demand for $5.00.

I'll just say the BCS got lucky and leave it at that. If there was a playoff... no one can tell me that a team like Auburn, who NO ONE wants to play right now, couldn't win it all. And they are a 2 loss team. They have the unfortunate geopgraphical setback of playing in a conference that has more than 1 or 2 good teams in it.