[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LAST DAY for HuddleBowl Pick'em

Coffeeman

If you're still interested, either get your $10.75 to me via paypal at coffeeman0866@yahoo.com, or let theeohiostate know via PM that you just want in the free contest. Do it by midnight tonight, and you'll receive the username and password to get in.

Then your picks have to be in the system before the first game starts tomorrow (Tuesday) night, 12/20.

Thanks and good luck to all!

I finally got paypal to work (geez, e-mail filters blocking, etc.) I'll enter picks tomorrow afternoon, if you have enough time to receive and respond.

TIA

1226119[/snapback]

no probs, as long as i get them before 8 pm est. on tuesday.

have you already sent payment to Coffeeman?

17 Entries so far, would like to get 20-25

Edited by theeohiostate

I finally got paypal to work (geez, e-mail filters blocking, etc.) I'll enter picks tomorrow afternoon, if you have enough time to receive and respond.

TIA

1226119[/snapback]

We're all set Gonkis - good luck.

No love for BYU, Nebraska, FSU, or Wisconsin and only one idiot for Missouri :D I just couldn't pick both the East and West coast USC :D

Highest total points for Rose bowl is 87. That could be exciting, unless of course it's 70-17.

Good Luck, boys and girls.

I have a whole spreadsheet set up, so here's some more data for you:

- Of our favorite picks, "Mr. Consensus" would be theprofessor, who has 27 of the 28.

- Mr. Contrarian = KevinL, who only picked the favorite 18 times. Is it a coincidence he's not playing for $? Hmmm...

- SEC leads the favored conferences, as we felt they'd take 6 bowls; followed by Pac10 with 5, then Big10(11) & ACC with 4. SunBelt & Mid-American are supposed to be shut out. We'll see what really happens...

- Miami v. LSU (Peach) is the most confounding matchup at 9-to-10 votes, respectively. Ducks v. Sooners (Holiday) & Tx Tech v. Alabama (Cotton) are also close at 8-11. I was surprised to see USC a 14-to-5 favorite over Texas.

This is all automated for me now, and will be easily updated as we go through the games. Let me know via PM if you want to get it as an email attachment. Good luck and Happy Holidays to all...

Has more to do with Christmas shopping for 6 kids!

1230341[/snapback]

All yours? Holy s@#@%! Birth control is a wonderful invention - you should try it sometime...

And my comment was trying to draw a connection between not playing for $ and feeling more free to go against the grain. No judgement at all implied as to deciding to play for $ or not. But I think you knew that...

Happy holidays!

All yours?  Holy s@#@%!  Birth control is a wonderful invention - you should try it sometime...

And my comment was trying to draw a connection between not playing for $ and feeling more free to go against the grain.  No judgement at all implied as to deciding to play for $ or not.  But I think you knew that...

Happy holidays!

1230358[/snapback]

Don't mind KevinL, he's a little on the edge.........getting his ass kicked in Huddle Hoops.

All yours?  Holy s@#@%!  Birth control is a wonderful invention - you should try it sometime...

And my comment was trying to draw a connection between not playing for $ and feeling more free to go against the grain.  No judgement at all implied as to deciding to play for $ or not.  But I think you knew that...

Happy holidays!

1230358[/snapback]

We're remarried, I have 3 and she has 3. Our 1st together is due in February.

I actually had no idea I was going against the grain. Other than overvaluing Big 10 teams (which I admit I probably did), I just looked at each team in each match-up, checked out their record, who they beat, who they lost to, recent trends, and made my picks.

Not playing for $ will look bad no matter what ... if I lose I look like the wuss that didn't pay up ... if I win I look like the fool who could have won big $ ... but it was just required the way finances are at the moment.

Don't mind KevinL, he's a little on the edge.........getting his ass kicked in Huddle Hoops.

1230369[/snapback]

Glad you think 5-3 with 1 tie is an ass kicking ... it's a long season my man, just got to make the playoffs.

With Yao & Maggette hurt, and Bobby Jackson, Brevin Knight & Delonte West missing games also, this probably won't be my best week.

I actually had no idea I was going against the grain.  Other than overvaluing Big 10 teams (which I admit I probably did), I just looked at each team in each match-up, checked out their record, who they beat, who they lost to, recent trends, and made my picks.

1230383[/snapback]

Should have added ... and MAC schools.