[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

Warner victim here.

Pick up Martin vs SF or McCown vs Philly? Not even sure if Vitt will start Martin, but he's an idiot if he doesn't. The SF matchup in St Louis looks tasty.

And which 2 WR would you choose here?

DJax vs Indy. Looked good his first game back.

R. Williams vs NO. Who doesn't look good vs NO?

Plax vs Wash. Tough matchup, and hasn't been productive. But thats due to Manning - Plax was open all day last week.

Thanks Rew

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rew...into the championship but hobbled w/o Warner.

QB (Pick 1) McCown, Bledsoe, Martin (if starting), or could pick up Rosenfels

I think McCown coud be the best bet here but Rosenfels has looked decent and is playing TEN. Martin could be nice as well, IMO.

RB (Pick 2) LJ, Tiki, or Foster

LJ and Tiki. Ride my horses.

WR (Pick 3) Harrison, Housh, Samie Parker, A. Johnson, K. Robinson

Tough call here. Harrison banged up supposedly. Housh may be limited as well. Parker as a spot play (with Kennison out)?

TE Crumpler

K Wikins

D (Pick 1) TB or Denver

Denver at home vs. the fedgling Raiders? Last year was a shootout and Denver wasn't looking so hot against the Bills. New Orleans, Miami, Saint Louis, San Fran or Washington D...worth picking up?

Thanks, rew. Great advice, now let's take the championship home!

Edited by Gros Membres!

Hi Rew,

I’m in the Superbowl against my younger brother.  My WRs are Harrison, Boldin, and Engram.  Should I even consider sitting Harrison for Bruce or Curtis since he’s not going to play the whole game?  I think half of Marvin is still probably better chance of scoring than Bruce with Fitzpatrick.  I can’t pick any other WRs up because our rosters are locked.

Also I have to decide:

MIN @BAL

ATL @TB

Not sure here cause after Monday night I don’t know who to take.  Both defenses are reeling right now.  Probably ATL.

I’m starting Mike Anderson and need to choose:

Foster vs DAL

Bell vs OAK

I don’t want to start both Bell and Anderson, but not sure about Foster’s matchup with Dallas.

Here’s my team:

Delhomme, Brooks

Anderson, Foster, Bell, Jones

Harrison, Boldin, Engram, Bruce, Curtis

Troupe

Tynes

MIN, ATL

1228048[/snapback]

Bruce is a good option id Martin is starting. Check that. But Marvin will play and of course he's great. I'd have to wait until closer to game time and see if any info is put out there as to exactly how much the starters will play. I think they rest Edge before they get to the WRs.

Foster will be fine. Go with him. Bell doesn't get enough touches and unless he breaks a long one, his value is minimal. Bell will the guy next year to shine.

I like MIN. Very opportunistic and should be able to make sime big picks against Boller. Don't let that game last night fool you. GB is just that bad.

Good Luck!

Warner victim here.

Pick up Martin vs SF or McCown vs Philly? Not even sure if Vitt will start Martin, but he's an idiot if he doesn't. The SF matchup in St Louis looks tasty.

And which 2 WR would you choose here?

DJax vs Indy. Looked good his first game back.

R. Williams vs NO. Who doesn't look good vs NO?

Plax vs Wash. Tough matchup, and hasn't been productive. But thats due to Manning - Plax was open all day last week.

Thanks Rew

1228052[/snapback]

If Martin is the starter, then he's the pick hands down. I'm not a McCown fan or a backer. I cannot reccommend him.

DJax and Roy. Plax will have a tough time against WAS. They will blitz the snot out of Eli while Roy is all DET has and should do well against NO and DJax looked real good and will only get more loks this week and they gear up for the playoffs.

Good Luck!

Rew...into the championship but hobbled w/o Warner.

QB (Pick 1) McCown, Bledsoe, Martin (if starting), or could pick up Rosenfels

I think McCown coud be the best bet here but Rosenfels has looked decent and is playing TEN.  Martin could be nice as well, IMO.

RB (Pick 2) LJ, Tiki, or Foster

LJ and Tiki.  Ride my horses.

WR (Pick 3) Harrison, Housh, Samie Parker, A. Johnson, K. Robinson

Tough call here.  Harrison banged up supposedly. Housh may be limited as well.  Parker as a spot play (with Kennison out)?

TE Crumpler

K Wikins

D (Pick 1) TB or Denver

Denver at home vs. the fedgling Raiders?  Last year was a shootout and Denver wasn't looking so hot against the Bills.  New Orleans, Miami, Saint Louis, San Fran or Washington D...worth picking up?

Thanks, rew.  Great advice, now let's take the championship home!

1228057[/snapback]

Martin is my pick at QB. Good matchup and runs that offense well. Don't like McCown for reasons I have stated in other posts and Bledsoe could be decent, but I like the Martin matchup better.

Ride the horses at RB. LJ and Tiki. Cannot sit them unless you had Rudi.

Harrison, Housh and Parker. They are your best bets for yards and scores this week. AJ and KRob are intriguing but I think you have the better options in the others.

I like Denver at home this week. They play real well there and oaklnd is terrible. And now Jordan is dinged. Collins blows. Vick not playing CHI in the cold will get back to scoring points this week. Go with Denver.

Good Luck!

Here is 2 for you?

WR2 McCardell or D.Jax?

WR/RB D.Davis/Wells or ?

1228064[/snapback]

DJax at WR. Looked real good and he'll only get more involved.

If Davis plays, then he's the guy, else it's Wells.

Good Luck!

is SA gunna play the whole game this weekend vs INDY?

if not? who to take his place..

Rudi Johnson vs BUF

Tiki Barber vs WAs

or

Clinton Portis vs NYG

1228108[/snapback]

Well my crystal ball has a crack in it so I don't know if he'll play the whole game or not. My guess would be no in order to rest and the fact that SEA may not want to lay all of its cards on the table in assumption they'll face Indy in the playoffs. So I doubt he plays the whole game.

So for a replacement from your list, Rudi is the clear cut choice. Tiki is hot, Portis is serviceable but Rudi has the best matchup.

Good Luck!

Toilet Bowl Flex needed...

Porter

Barber

Edge (only because he will sit early)

1228176[/snapback]

I say Barber here. Tiki is hot and should play the entire game. Oakland is terrible and edge won't get the touches Tiki will.

Good Luck!

Ok, could use all the help I can get. Which QB:

McNown vs. Phi

or

Grossman @ GB

I guess if Jaime Martin starts this week, he could be an option vs. SF.

What do you think? :D

1 point per 50 yards Pass, 6 per TD

Hey REW you steered me right last week including a 2 point edge of Driver over Bruce!!

Here are my questions this week: Performance scoring, +1 per rec/carry, bounses over 300 yrds.

I am good on QB and RB.

On WR I need to start 2 with Steve Smith:

Housh (May be injured)

Bruce (Not getting a lot of looks)

Driver (Did you see that game?)

OK, IF Housh can start, and lets hope he can,

do I start Driver or Bruce?

OR do I pick up one of these from the WW:

D. Givens

T. Glenn

D. Stallworth

D. Bennett

E. Moulds

S. Parker

To start in that third WR spot? I would have to drop either Bruce or Driver to add one of them.

Also, would you drop the COlts D to Add the MIN D for the rest of the year?

Thanks REW!!

I'm looking at starting Alexander and S. Jackson this week for sure. So now I have to choose between Ryan Moats and Chris Brown for my 2nd Flex Spot...

Moats @ Ari (Does he have 1 more 40+ yard run in him?)

Brown @ Mia (Really tough choice if Henry doesnt play)

1 point for 10 yards rushing/receiving...6 for tds

Thanks for the help!

WDIS at QB

Plummer vs Oakland

Garrard @ Houston

WDIS at WR need 1

Driver vs Bears

Bennett @ Dolphins

L.Evans @ Bengals (Last resort)

I need to put up a big # this week to have a chance to win the guy I'm playing is loaded. The only waiver options are McCown at QB and Stockley or Givens at WR?

Thanks for the help.

Ok, could use all the help I can get. Which QB:

McNown vs. Phi

or

Grossman @ GB

I guess if Jaime Martin starts this week, he could be an option vs. SF.

What do you think? :D

1 point per 50 yards Pass, 6 per TD

1228415[/snapback]

Martin if he plays, great matchup and he runs that offense much better than Fitz. He goes through his reads faster and gets all of the WRs involved depending on coverage.

Then Grossman. He has the backing of his veteran players and will do great against the fledging Packers. He gives that offense a passing threat that Orton does not.

I cannot advocate McCown.

Good Luck.

Hey REW you steered me right last week including a 2 point edge of Driver over Bruce!!

Here are my questions this week: Performance scoring, +1 per rec/carry, bounses over 300 yrds.

I am good on QB and RB.

On WR I need to start 2 with Steve Smith:

Housh (May be injured)

Bruce (Not getting a lot of looks)

Driver (Did you see that game?)

OK, IF Housh can start, and lets hope he can,

do I start Driver or Bruce?

OR do I pick up one of these from the WW:

D. Givens

T. Glenn

D. Stallworth

D. Bennett

E. Moulds

S. Parker

To start in that third WR spot? I would have to drop either Bruce or Driver to add one of them.

Also, would you drop the COlts D to Add the MIN D for the rest of the year?

Thanks REW!!

1228452[/snapback]

If Housh plays, then he should start. And Driver did better than Bruce. If Martin plays though, Bruce's stock will rise. Martin is better than Fitz and will get Bruce and Holt the ball and will also mix in Curtis who has been lost in that offense since Fitz took over.

Stallworth is a good grab with Boouman now in there. He seemed to give them a shot in the arm, but then again they are the Saints. I like Givens. I drafted him on my team this year. However you never know what you are going to get. Sometimes he explodes like this past weekend but sometimes he's invisible. That's the chance with a NE WR.

I would drop Driver and keep Bruce. Monitor the STL QB situation. Bruce has an excellent matchup with SF this week and will be worth starting if Martin plays. Driver faces CHI and that's not goood at all. I would take the chance that Givens remains active against the Jets. He's a big WR and a good target for Brady.

Good Luck!

I'm looking at starting Alexander and S. Jackson this week for sure. So now I have to choose between Ryan Moats and Chris Brown for my 2nd Flex Spot...

Moats @ Ari (Does he have 1 more 40+ yard run in him?)

Brown @ Mia (Really tough choice if Henry doesnt play)

1 point for 10 yards rushing/receiving...6 for tds

Thanks for the help!

1228488[/snapback]

Moats. RW had the better game in MIA and may be holding that position in the pecking order. But they do split and you just don't know who's going to do what from week to week. Moats is a threat to break one off every time he touches the ball. ARZ will provide a soft run defense to test that theory. I like Moats this week.

Good Luck!

REW70 - You saved me and I made it to the Super Bowl, now I have way too many choices. Standard Performance league no points for catches.

RB - Need to pick two to go along with Portis

Edge - I doubt he will play

Moats @ ARIZONA

Ricky Williams - vs TEN

Ronnie Brown - vs TEN

Cedric Houston - vs NE

WR - Need to pick two - I can not pick up anyone

Housh - vs BUF - Hoping he is not hurt

Andre Johnson - vs JAX

Donte Stallworth - vs DET

Roddy White @ TB

D

Patriots @ Jets

Broncos vs OAK

WDIS at QB

Plummer vs Oakland

Garrard @ Houston

WDIS at WR need 1

Driver vs Bears

Bennett @ Dolphins

L.Evans @ Bengals (Last resort)

I need to put up a big # this week to have a chance to win the guy I'm playing is loaded. The only waiver options are McCown at QB and Stockley or Givens at WR?

Thanks for the help.

1228639[/snapback]

Plummer will eat Oakland up. They have no defense. Garrard just isn't getting it done. They should have shredded SF and didn't and they face HOU who always plays them tough. Plummer here.

Bennett and Evans are better choices than driver facing the Bears. CIN can be thrown on and while Holcomb tends to like Moulds better, Evans is still better than Driver in their matchups. Bennett finallly had a decent game last week and that trend should continue against MIA on Saturday. I would drop Driver and pick up Givens. If he stays active in the passing game, no reason to think he won't, then he has a good matchup with the Jets this week. I would roll Givens before I went with Evans.

Good Luck!