[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good place to eat in Dallas

DMD

Texas de Brazil

Went there last night for my 20th wedding anniversary and MAN that was good. I mean everything we ate was good and the meats gave me great tidings of joy that I was born a carnivore. You pay one price ($40 each) and then it is like a big buffet where they bring skewers of meat by your table - beef, chicken, pork, lamb, etc.

I am still full 16 hours later.

The service was outstanding.

The bacon wrapped filet mignon - angelic.

The experience made me weep for all the vegetarians in the world.

:D

:D:D

I went to the one in Memphis. Amazing.

I was there for a conference back in 2003 and about six of us decided to go out for dinner. We didn't really have a plan on where to eat, we just set out walking down the street and figured we'd go into whatever restaurant looked good. In the end it came down to Texas de Brazil or a mexican restaurant across the street. Since we were closer to the mexican restaurant we thought we would take a quick look inside to see what it was like. One of the waiters came up to us right away and asked if he could help us and we explained that we were trying to decide whether to eat there or eat at Texas de Brazil. The waiter paused for a moment and said, "If I'm honest, I think you would prefer Texas de Brazil." Needless-to-say, that cinched it for us.

At our conference this past year we were still talking about that meal and appreciating the honesty of the waiter at that mexican restaurant.

i'm going to be down there the weekend after new years to visit my dad.  may have to suggest that place, it sounds awesome.. :D

1240830[/snapback]

LMK if you've got time to grab a Shiner on me. I know some excellent places for beer, burgers and music.

I love Texas de Brazil but can really only afford that once a year.

LMK if you've got time to grab a Shiner on me.  I know some excellent places for beer, burgers and music. 

I love Texas de Brazil but can really only afford that once a year.

1240875[/snapback]

it's a get in friday evening leave early monday morning kinda thing, with all sorts of family chit crammed into two days, so it probably won't work this time. might even have to drive over to shreveport and back. i'll probably be heading down for a more extended visit this summer though...

it's a get in friday evening leave early monday morning kinda thing, with all sorts of family chit crammed into two days, so it probably won't work this time.  might even have to drive over to shreveport and back.  i'll probably be heading down for a more extended visit this summer though...

1240930[/snapback]

Sweet. When you've got some time I can kill a few days in Dallas for you. Beer, bud, bbq and music on me.

How does it compare to Fogo de Chau?

1241105[/snapback]

I haven't been there yet but am willing to investigate if it is anything like Texas de Brazil.

I am still full.

did ya see my post? Fogo is the shiznit and if Texas de Brazil is anything like it, it must be awesome...I imagine that there are good brazilian bbq's and bad ones...Cleveland has one called Brasa...very good. $35/person. The caiprinhas at Fogo were better'n Brasa's

Two summers ago I was talking with the Brazilian husband of one of my wife's friends and I was describing to him the meal I had at Texas de Brazil. He laughed in response and said, "In Brazil, we eat like that every meal." (Now, of course, I am 99.999% sure that he was joking, but it's almost worth a 10 hour flight to Sao Paulo just in case he wasn't.)

I love places liek that. We have a couple of Rodizio's here, nothing like strapping on the feed bag and eating meat!

When my wife and I went to Africa we ate in a couple of the Brazilian style meat houses in Kenya! DELICIOUS!!! They served everything; Heartabeast, Giraffe, Zebra, Crocodile, Gazelle, Cape Buffalo and your normal meats....

3 and a half hours later everyone else was ready to leave and I was still eating; the Crocodile tasting like shrimp wrapped in bacon!!!

• 2 weeks later...

we didn't make it to texas de brazil, but we went to another dam fine place to eat in dallas...roy's. i've never had fish this good. i had a chive-crusted walu (a fish i've never had before). service is awesome too, my stepmom told the waiter that she had to have what she always has, the mahi-mahi, but she asked about the butterfish and the guy brought her a plate, with full preparation and everything, gratis as an appetizer. chocolate souffle dessert was absolutely amazing. this place is definitely worth checking out if you're in one of the places where they have restaurants.