[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PAC-10 Clearly Superior

rbmcdonald

For the second year in a row, the #2 from the PAC-10 powerhouse chokes in the Holiday Bowl after being snubbed by the BCS. I bet the Mid-American Conference would be happy to agree to a bowl tie-in for the PAC-10 #2

Big 12 is 6-3 v PAC-10 in Holiday Bowl. Average margin of victory in Big 12’s 6 wins is 7.3, average margin of victory in PAC-10’s 3 wins is 5.3.

Now I realize that to the PAC-10 lovers out there, head to head competition, on national TV, after a years worth of practicing and playing, has absolutely no bearing on if the PAC-10 is vastly superior to the Big-12 in football, but I am very interested in reading your excuses, I mean reasons for this.

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't say that Bowl wins are a major factor in determining a conferences strength. Not so much head to head, but the final result. There is no doubt though, that the Big 12 has had hte Pac 10's number. Oregon is a nice team, but I'm sorry, like Notre Dame, they got way to much credit for a quality LOSS. Sorry Duck fans, but you like Cal last year, and Texas 2 years ago, proved you have no business being in a BCS game.

Get off the Holiday Bowl's nuts already- darn! Oklahoma beat Oregon, outplayed them - Congrats Big 12!, You better hold onto that win as long as you can after the Rose Bowl blowout next week. Whether it is the Pac 10, or any conference, let down, lack of motivation is always a factor when a team feels it was snubbed from a bigger bowl game. That being said, the Sooners played a solid game, and they wanted it more- WELL DONE

I also don't buy into the being "letdown" crap. The Holiday Bowl is probably the biggest non January Bowl game. It's a high profile game featuring teams from major conferences. If you can't get up for that, then you don't deserve any bowl. Just like Kansas State in 98' against Purdue. Sorry, but the bowl game is a place to prove you DID belong. All Kansas State proved was they played weak competition all year long, and got beat by a better Purdue team. Oklahoma is a better team than Oregon. The Ducks have beaten no one all year long, and the on team they did play, they got stomped on by. If Oregon wanted to prove they belonged in the Fiesta Bowl, they woulda won the game. They didn't, and it just goes to show you, that just because a team only has 1 loss, doesn't mean that they are better than a 2 loss team, or in this case a 4 loss team.

I also don't buy into the being "letdown" crap. The Holiday Bowl is probably the biggest non January Bowl game. It's a high profile game featuring teams from major conferences. If you can't get up for that, then you don't deserve any bowl. Just like Kansas State in 98' against Purdue. Sorry, but the bowl game is a place to prove you DID belong. All Kansas State proved was they played weak competition all year long, and got beat by a better Purdue team. Oklahoma is a better team than Oregon. The Ducks have beaten no one all year long, and the on team they did play, they got stomped on by. If Oregon wanted to prove they belonged in the Fiesta Bowl, they woulda won the game. They didn't, and it just goes to show you, that just because a team only has 1 loss, doesn't mean that they are better than a 2 loss team, or in this case a 4 loss team.

1241926[/snapback]

Totally disagree- 1) Bowl letdowns are definitley a part of it, and motivation is a huge factor- especially when betting on the games. Always has been a factor- pre BCS, and currently. 2) OU is NOT a better team the Oregon- granted they won yesterday- fine. Clemens was healthy- whole different story

For the second year in a row, the #2 from the PAC-10 powerhouse chokes in the Holiday Bowl after being snubbed by the BCS.  I bet the Mid-American Conference would be happy to agree to a bowl tie-in for the PAC-10 #2

Big 12 is 6-3 v PAC-10 in Holiday Bowl.  Average margin of victory in Big 12’s 6 wins is 7.3, average margin of victory in PAC-10’s 3 wins is 5.3.

Now I realize that to the PAC-10 lovers out there, head to head competition, on national TV, after a years worth of practicing and playing, has absolutely no bearing on if the PAC-10 is vastly superior to the Big-12 in football, but I am very interested in reading your excuses, I mean reasons for this.

1241769[/snapback]

I hope your queer mexicans come through or I am going to have to pay out a couple hundred bucks.

Totally disagree- 1) Bowl letdowns are definitley a part of it, and motivation is a huge factor- especially when betting on the games. Always has been a factor- pre BCS, and currently. 2) OU is NOT a better team the Oregon- granted they won yesterday- fine. Clemens was healthy- whole different story

1241963[/snapback]

I just think it's a poor excuse. And I do think Oklahoma is better than Oregon. They just proved it. Whether the Big 12 is better than the Pac 10, that is debatable for both sides. But Oklahoma is better than Oregon. We can go to Sgt. Ryan's book of excuses and say that "9 times outta 10" Oregon would beat Oklahoma... but they don't play 10 times, and that cannot ever be proven. We must look at what is. And that is an Oklahoma win.

1241963[/snapback]

Uh, I'm a pac-10 apologist to the max, but Oregon didn't win the game, nor did they outplay OU, and the game was on a neutral field. Oklahoma is the better team (this year).

I just think it's a poor excuse. And I do think Oklahoma is better than Oregon. They just proved it. Whether the Big 12 is better than the Pac 10, that is debatable for both sides. But Oklahoma is better than Oregon. We can go to Sgt. Ryan's book of excuses and say that "9 times outta 10" Oregon would beat Oklahoma... but they don't play 10 times, and that cannot ever be proven. We must look at what is. And that is an Oklahoma win.

1242398[/snapback]

Fair enough- but I was thinking more like Oregon beats them 7 out of 10 times. Granted OU beat them, and they are a soild team- well done.

So, do you think Nebraska is a better ballclub than Michigan?? or if Rutgers somehow would have clipped ASU- they are a better team?? I know these arguments can go on and on, I just do not believe that OU was a better squad than the Ducks-

PAC 10 is 3-1 with it's only loss coming at the expense of Oregon without their starting QB, on a defensively minded team this would not hurt , but Oregon is an offensive team and it was far to much to overcome, i saw them place 2 times this season and they have a very explosive offense.

PAC 10 is 3-1 with it's only loss coming at the expense of Oregon without their starting QB, on a defensively minded team this would not hurt , but Oregon is an offensive team and it was far to much to overcome, i saw them place 2 times this season and they have a very explosive offense.

1242696[/snapback]

Big 12 is 4-1, just thought I would throw that out there :D

Yes, let's remember that Oregon was playing without its quarterback.

1242556[/snapback]

hmm, what this Qb

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=242620201

OU has already exposed that Qb just 12 months prior with virtually the same defense. And this so called great Qb hasnt played since Nov 5, where the other 2 have lead the Phucks to 3 straight wins. Get that weak Athena outta here. Oregon was pathetic like the rest of the Pac-10 outside of SC.

Nice to see this fair weather f*ck is back. Bet your ass he disappears next season when SC starts losing again. he didnt show up last yr until after SC got to the BCS game, how convenient.

1241963[/snapback]

Clemens coulldnt move the ball on OU last yr, and the defense is intact again. Oregon is not a good football team, probably no better than 5th in the Big 10, SEC or ACC, and obviously no better than 4th in the big 12.

Clemens coulldnt move the ball on OU last yr, and the defense is intact again.  Oregon is not a good football team, probably no better than 5th in the Big 10, SEC or ACC, and obviously no better than 4th in the big 12.

1246096[/snapback]

Your comments just get funnier to me- 4th in the Big 12? really? behind whom exactly?? Colorado?? Texas Tech?? Kansas- Give me an F'ing break- Without their starting QB, OU survives by a late pick to avoid OT in the Letdown Bowl- which is what is- ask Texas when they got blown out by WSU. The Big 12 is not a strong conference this year, bottom line. I think the Rose Bowl will prove out how much stronger the best of the PAC 10 is than the best of the Big 12. The PAC 10 will be 4-1 after SC dismantles UT- with a 3RD National Title In a Row. Enough Said

Your comments just get funnier to me- 4th in the Big 12? really? behind whom exactly?? Colorado?? Texas Tech?? Kansas- Give me an F'ing  break- Without their starting QB, OU survives by a late pick to avoid OT in the Letdown Bowl- which is what is- ask Texas when they got blown out by WSU. The Big 12 is not a strong conference this year, bottom line. I think the Rose Bowl will prove out how much stronger the best of the PAC 10 is than the best of the Big 12. The PAC 10 will be 4-1 after SC dismantles UT- with a 3RD National Title In a Row. Enough Said

1246411[/snapback]

The pac-10 was favorites in every bowl, so they should win them all. the Big 12 is an underdog in every bowl but 1.

Texas, Texas Tech and OU would all beat Oregon. OU has now 2 yrs in a row. Get off the without their starting Qb crap, you could say the same for OU, because their season starter Paul Thompson is now a WR. I admit SC is great, but the rest is pathetic at best vs the big boys. What is 1 quality Pac 10 win to date in the Bowls.

Oregon #6 in the country got beat by an unranked team.

hell every Pac 10 team plays an unranked team outside of SC

PAC-10 (3-1)

Cal 35-28 over BYU

Arizona St. over Rutgers 45-40

Oregon loses to OU 17-14

UCLA over Northwestern 50-38

What a joke.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Get off the Holiday Bowl's nuts already- darn!  Oklahoma beat Oregon, outplayed them - Congrats Big 12!, You better hold onto that win as long as you can after the Rose Bowl blowout next week. Whether it is the Pac 10, or any conference, let down, lack of motivation is always a factor when a team feels it was snubbed from a bigger bowl game. That being said, the Sooners played a solid game, and they wanted it more- WELL DONE

1241880[/snapback]

Oregon would lose to OU 10 of 10 times. This had nothing to do with motivation, and everything to do with superior talent. Who on Oregon would even start for OU. Maybe 1 WR, or a DL. Get real, this was about talent, not motivation and talent won out, enough said.

Oregon would lose to OU 10 of 10 times.  This had nothing to do with motivation, and everything to do with superior talent.  Who on Oregon would even start for OU.  Maybe 1 WR, or a DL.  Get real, this was about talent, not motivation and talent won out,  enough said.

1246446[/snapback]

:D

Good stuff- really the Sooners would beat the Ducks 10 out of 10 times?? Give me a break. So, when a LOADED UT got destroyed by WSU 2years ago in the Holiday Bowl- what was that?? it wasn't talent b/c UT was stacked with NFL prospects and could run circles around WSU talent-wise. These are college kids, and teams that feel they are snubbed are notorious for not showing up, happens in every conference across the country. I definitely think OU had more to prove, and they played well enough to win- fine. Don't even get me started on Colorado, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Iowa State??? :D good, solid squads. Nebraska got a complete gift wrapped victory to even give the Big 12 a shot at being .500 in the bowls.

:D 

Good stuff- really the Sooners would beat the Ducks 10 out of 10 times?? Give me a break. So, when a LOADED UT got destroyed by WSU 2years ago in the Holiday Bowl- what was that?? it wasn't talent b/c UT was stacked with NFL prospects and could run circles around WSU talent-wise. These are college kids, and teams that feel they are snubbed are notorious for not showing up, happens in every conference across the country. I definitely think OU had more to prove, and they played well enough to win- fine.  Don't even get me started on Colorado, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Iowa State??? :D  good, solid squads. Nebraska got a complete gift wrapped victory to even give the Big 12 a shot at being .500 in the bowls.

1246482[/snapback]

look douchebag, I could care less what you think. OU has beaten Oregon 2 of 2 times in the past 2 yrs. Lets sum the Puke 10 up. They will play 1 team ranked in the top 25, one, and that will be Texas. Unranked, 4 loss, OU beat Oregon the second best team in the Puke 10, and tell me that #6 ranking wasnt a complete joke. That stupid excuse about the QB being out the last 2 months is a joke. OU beat that fool down last yr and would have again, his mobility would have made him a sitting duck. At least the other 2 could run for their lives.

Tech humiliated Cal last yr, as both Cal and Oregon proved they had no business in the BCS. Why do you think the Puke 10 keeps getting left out of the at large bids. Isnt it obvious.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

look douchebag, I could care less what you think.  OU has beaten Oregon 2 of 2 times in the past 2 yrs.  Lets sum the Puke 10 up.  They will play 1 team ranked in the top 25, one, and that will be Texas.  Unranked, 4 loss,  OU beat Oregon the second best team in the Puke 10, and tell me that #6 ranking wasnt a complete joke. That stupid excuse about the QB being out the last 2 months is a joke.  OU beat that fool down last yr and would have again, his mobility would have made him a sitting duck.  At least the other 2 could run for their lives. 

Tech humiliated Cal last yr, as both Cal and Oregon proved they had no business in the BCS.  Why do you think the Puke 10 keeps getting left out of the at large bids. Isnt it obvious.

1246512[/snapback]

Uh, yeah it is obvious- because of the Golden Domers u moron. Oregon got overlooked, and lost to OU, so what- they still were F ed out of the BCS- could care less what you think. You seem to keep forgetting UT getting BLOWN OUT by WSU in the holiday bowl, gee I wonder why?? is it the one room schoolhouse education y'all get down there- or is it b/c it doesn't fit your lame argument that the Big 12 is a good football conference, which the numbers do not agree with. Bottom line is USC will Three peat- the West Coast has the #1 team in the country for the 3rd year in a row- BUT the BIG 12 is so strong, and the PAC 10 sucks.

If for by some way UT happenst o pull the upset- THEN you will be right- the Big 12 is a better conference. Otherwise, at least y'all got the Holiday Bowl.

Uh, yeah it is obvious- because of the Golden Domers u moron. Oregon got overlooked, and lost to OU, so what- they still were F ed out of the BCS- could care less what you think. You seem to keep forgetting UT getting BLOWN OUT by WSU in the holiday bowl, gee I wonder why?? is it the one room schoolhouse education y'all get down there- or is it b/c it doesn't fit your lame argument that the Big 12 is a good football conference, which the numbers do not agree with. Bottom line is USC will Three peat- the West Coast has the #1 team in the country for the 3rd year in a row- BUT the BIG 12 is so strong, and the PAC 10 sucks.

If for by some way UT happenst o pull the upset- THEN you will be right- the Big 12 is a better conference. Otherwise, at least y'all got the Holiday Bowl.

1246571[/snapback]

Texas lost 3 yrs ago to WSU. texas didnt deserve a BCS bowl then, and that loss proved it. Just as Cal and Oregon didnt this yr. SC is the only team worth a Athena on the West Coast and I hope they enjoyed the success, because after tomorrow nights win, they come back to reality next season. And I aint pounding my chest saying the Big 12 is strong, they certainly are not this season. Im simply saying the Puke 10 sucks, and outside of SC, they have for some time.